Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(12 Posts)
NannyJan53 Sun 10-Sep-17 14:17:37

Good afternoon all ! Hope you are having a good day so far.

I have been drafting my 4th letter of complaint regarding State Pension, WASPI (women against state pension inequality). So brain is now foggy smile

So envious smithy, we were there in June, its lovely having breakfast by the beach! Oh well...we are back there next June smile.

Have a good what is left of the day all.

Mapleleaf Sun 10-Sep-17 10:00:51

Morning everyone.
A grey morning here in South Yorks. It looks like there will be rain later (just for a change) ?.
Planning a lazy sort of day today. Going to catch up with the papers, then I don't know what yet!
Whatever your plans are, enjoy them. ?

Greyduster Sun 10-Sep-17 09:35:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The internet here does not wake up here until well after I do - very frustrating. How do we become so tethered to technology?? Wales is grey and cold again, with rain forecast but we will make the best of it. Off to scope out a decent Sunday Lunch and hopefully a leisurely, if not dry, day. Enjoy your Sunday.

Pittcity Sun 10-Sep-17 08:39:45

Good morning from a bright but misty Colchester. One load of DH's fishing washing on line so hope it stays dry unlike the last few days. Picked rhubarb for a crumble while in the garden. Now warming up with a cuppa.

Gagagran Sun 10-Sep-17 08:37:18

Morning all! Bit late this morning as I've been watching "Strictly" - recorded last night as DH had so much sport to watch - Rugby, football, cycling. I kindly agreed to wait until this morning to watch my programme. He was very appreciative! grin

The sun is shining but there is a nip in the air and the leaves are starting to come off.

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

Smithy Sun 10-Sep-17 08:25:11

Good morning from the hot and sunny Greek Cyclades islands. (Can't wait to be back to cold and wet NE England haha) Just had breakfast by the beach. Hope you all have a good Sunday.

kittylester Sun 10-Sep-17 07:37:33

Morning all!

It's another day of high greyish cloud with rain in the forecast.

We are going shopping this morning as we have loads of birthdays towards the end of September and we are going away in a week. shock DH insists on having breakfast at carluccio's while we wait for the shops to open - and I like to please him! grin

Enjoy your Sundays everyone sunshine

harrigran Sun 10-Sep-17 07:34:08

Good morning from an overcast north east. Probably a good day for GNR, hope the rain holds off until the race is over.
Quiet day with the weekend papers as we were out last night celebrating GD1's birthday.

ninathenana Sun 10-Sep-17 07:25:48

Morning all.
A bright start in Kent but a nip in the air. We were lucky to avoid the rain here yesterday.
S.W. GN's hope you didn't suffer with the flooding I saw on FB in Torquay shock
H of to the allotment and I will potter indoors after a leisurely breckie and a read of the papers.

Alygran Sun 10-Sep-17 06:39:50

Good morning everyone. High clouds in North Yorkshire today. Feeling autumnal. Up with DD2 having engergy breakfast before she goes off to Great North Run where she and DD1 are running for MacMilllan. I'm sure lots of other grans have runners too, or may be running. Good luck to our amazing runners.

Marydoll Sun 10-Sep-17 06:26:14

Good morning Mick and all GNs. Arrived in Rome last night for 5 days and it's raining.? We come at this time every year and we are usually luck with the weather. We expected to have a break from the horrible Scottish rain, no chance. At least it's warm rain.Off to the market, I'm an expert now at getting bargains there.
Have a good Sunday all.

12Michael Sun 10-Sep-17 06:18:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, usual day of doing household things.
Mick