Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(17 Posts)
Mapleleaf Mon 11-Sep-17 17:21:06

I'll do my best greyduster ?

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Sep-17 10:11:21

Morning All

Cold, overcast and blustery here in Norfolk. We're off in the caravan in a few days so I hope the weather improves. It's usually good the first week the kids are back at school. Global Warming - hahah!

Nelliemoser Mon 11-Sep-17 09:05:00

Good Morning All. Rather grey and overcast in Cheshire again. Forecast not good.
One thing about our weather forecast that intrigues me is the term.
"continuing or remaining unsettled" Isn't that an oxymoron?

harrigran Mon 11-Sep-17 08:44:53

Good morning, it is dry and bright in the north east.
Stay at home day for me as DH is taking the car in for service, it always comes back pristine inside and out which is a bonus.

MawBroon Mon 11-Sep-17 08:39:59

Good morning!
It is really autumnal here on N Bucks, sunny but blustery with some seriously dark clouds and the promise of rain.
Hope imperfect and son are recovering after a traumatic week end. Those nights in A&E do leave you shattered and jet lag is the best way to describe the reaction.
Fingers crossed for a smooth day here too, catheter glitches both Saturday AND Sunday but hopefully now that all the services are up and running again, I won't need them!! smile

kittylester Mon 11-Sep-17 08:03:27

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is grey and soggy this morning.

Lots of bits and bobs for me today. These are days where I don't feel as though I have achieved a lot.

JaneD3 Mon 11-Sep-17 08:00:57

Good luck Nana3. I start a bit of decorating today, so not going to visit Mum for a day or two. Guilt!

Nana3 Mon 11-Sep-17 07:58:40

Good morning from Lancashire, it's rainy here today.
Best wishes to you and your son Imperfect.
Didn't see Mum yesterday so will go with nervous feelings this morning.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Mon 11-Sep-17 07:56:54

Morning All. Chilly in our corner of Somerset, windy and about to rain by the look of the sky. Hope you do better than we did in Aberystwyth greyd. Many, many moons ago spent a week camping there in constant rain with a leaky tent. We laughed back then. smile. hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Mon 11-Sep-17 07:46:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is raining in Wales too, and will be most of the day, but we are going to Aberystwyth as planned, where I hope there will be plenty of opportunities to dodge the showers. Maple please lay on some sun for when we get back on Friday - I am beginning to grow gills here!

Pittcity Mon 11-Sep-17 07:45:27

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester. Chilly here too.
Back to walking Netball this morning after summer break.

Mapleleaf Mon 11-Sep-17 07:37:14

Good morning,
It's been raining over night here in South Yorks but the sun is trying to show at the moment - don't think we'll be getting much though. Feels chilly. Gone back to the flannelette sheet this week! ?

JaneD3 Mon 11-Sep-17 07:30:49

Morning all! Definitely a touch of Autumn about now. We were out and about yesterday and noticed that the trees are beginning to turn. There are so many diseased and very brown horse chestnut trees, which is sad to see.

Gagagran Mon 11-Sep-17 07:23:54

Good morning everyone. I think we are in for a very showery, windy day here on the south coast. I am resisting putting on the CH but did swap duvets for the winter one last night. Nice and cosy as a result!

Catching up on admin and correspondence this morning. We'll see what else the day brings.

Happy days GNs! sunshine

Imperfect27 Mon 11-Sep-17 07:18:59

Good morning, - yes nippy indeed nina smile - glad of my dressing gown this morning!

Here's to a good day. Have just emailed Breakfast News about the poverty of mental health provision (they have a feature today). Spent Friday night into Saturday morning in A&E with a poorly son. Still experiencing jet-lag feeling after 2 hours sleep that night. Son is home with me so lots of good food and TLC - and more lobbying of services to come!

Here's to a good Monday!

ninathenana Mon 11-Sep-17 06:54:18

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's a nippy this morning in Kent and quiet breezy but we have blue skies.
H and I going to collect new glasses today they better both look fab £300+ in total shock

12Michael Mon 11-Sep-17 06:42:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its windy and grey skies here in Brackley this morning, signs of wet on pavements.
Autumn as arrived>
Mick