Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Fri 15-Sep-17 06:52:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dull morning here in Brackley this morning usual shop etc today.
Mick

Imperfect27 Fri 15-Sep-17 06:55:11

Good morning Mick and all.

Sun here in N.Kent, but definitely colder in the mornings of late and wore a fleece all day yesterday for the first time since May.

Feel in need of a good walk after a couple of sedentary days.

kittylester Fri 15-Sep-17 07:11:54

Good morning.

It's a real autumn morning here in North Leicestershire with a pale sun and lots of drips.

I am doing some volunteering this morning at a venue that does not come up on my sat nav. Wish me luck!!

This afternoon we are delivering DS1's 46th (!!!!!) birthday presents - I have no idea how the heck that happened. grin

Enjoy your Fridays everyone. sunshine

MawBroon Fri 15-Sep-17 07:47:49

Good morning - sunny but clouding over here in N Bucks, Autumn definitely here! ???

Nana3 Fri 15-Sep-17 07:49:03

Good morning, it's dry and fine at the moment in Lancashire. Everyone is a bit later today, hopefully having a lie in smile.
I'm going to see Mum this morning, yesterday she kept saying, "I want to go home". It was heartbreaking.
Two lovely DGC coming to stay tonight, such a joy for me and OH.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Fri 15-Sep-17 07:53:59

Good morning everyone.

Not a cloud in the sky......... at the moment.
I haven't worn an extra layer indoors yet but definitly need a jacket when venturing out.

harrigran Fri 15-Sep-17 08:13:57

Good morning, overcast and cool with forecast of rain for the rest of the day.

cornergran Fri 15-Sep-17 08:16:10

Morning All. Fairly bright in our corner of Somerset, chilly though. We should have had a gas fitter here fifteen minutes ago. Suspect he won't turn up. Not a good start to the day. Oh well, onwards. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Fri 15-Sep-17 08:18:36

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A fine dry morning in South Wales. We are off home later once we have said cheerio to DH's sisters. We had a lovely meal out with them last night. Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Fri 15-Sep-17 08:46:29

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Not a cloud in the sky but chilly though. I am back in hoody and socks indoors. Heating clicks on first thing and last to warm the towels, I will be adjusting the timer soon.

NfkDumpling Fri 15-Sep-17 08:51:00

Morning All

Bright and sunny at the moment in the south of Devon after a wet night. We're both a little sniffly t his morning, hopefully we haven't caught colds. (Had the heating on in the 'van last night!)

Mapleleaf Fri 15-Sep-17 08:56:10

Good morning, everyone.
It's a grey, cool morning here in South Yorks and looks as if we are going to get the forecasted showers any time soon. It's looking very autumnal. Must get out for a walk, been too sedentary like Imperfect27 this last few days. Was full of good intentions yesterday, but then the heavens opened with very heavy downpours. Must do better today!

Gagagran Fri 15-Sep-17 09:08:22

Morning all! It's a bright, sunny morning with a clear, pale blue sky here on the south coast. Nippy though!

I have succumbed and turned the CH on as, despite socks and a jumper I was still cold and when I am cold, I ache.
I am sure we were promised an Indian summer and keep hoping it might appear.

After a busy day yesterday we have a restful agenda today. It could easily change.

Happy days everyone! sunshine

TerriBull Fri 15-Sep-17 09:38:42

Good morning from the sunny south east, looks like a nice day so far. We returned from a week in Northumberland and Yorkshire a couple of days ago, what lovely counties. A bit of food shopping this morning and I might go for a swim this afternoon depending on energy levels.

JaneD3 Fri 15-Sep-17 09:45:45

Morning all! I am very late today but I am retired! Mum yesterday kept pleading with me to put new batteries in her hearing aids. One is missing ( the home have lost several over the years) and the other works but doesn't help. I wonder if it is her brain that no longer decodes sound. Has anyone else come across this at end of life?
On a happier note, bridesmaids trip to London to look at colours and styles for DD's wedding. Lots of prosecco I expect grin

silverlining48 Fri 15-Sep-17 09:52:34

Good morning. Its another btpright sunny day in nirth kent but havnt been out so its perhaps a bit chilly? i need to dress and go outside.
Took a sleeping tablet last night and had an uninterupted nights sleep for the first time in months.
Have a good day all.