Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(18 Posts)
TerriBull Sat 16-Sep-17 10:09:36

Good morning from the south east, it looks a fairly bright Autumnal day, the Horse Chestnut tree at the back of our garden has far more golden leaves now. Conkers are in abundance which will please the grandchildren tomorrow when they do their annual collection and then leave them with us to shrivel up.

Off to do some shopping this morning and may go for a swim this afternoon.

There's a new Swedish drama starting on BBC4 tonight so will probably give that a go, but bound to fall asleep half way through.

Mapleleaf Sat 16-Sep-17 10:08:58

Good morning everyone.
Welcome home, greyduster. Hope you had a nice holiday despite the rain. I've ordered a bit of sunshine today and here it is - chilly though!
A pottering sort of day today, shops, washing, garden etc.
Enjoy Ironbridge Nankate. It's a lovely part of the country.
Have a good Saturday one and all. ?

Tippy22 Sat 16-Sep-17 09:51:36

Sunny but chilly here in East Sussex definitely a contrast to the last few days spent in the Med. Holiday washing for me also. Enjoy your day everyone..

Smithy Sat 16-Sep-17 09:18:35

Good morning, yes lovely and bright with blue skies in thus area of NE also. But cold - had the heating on since I came back from hols. Must do food shopping today, been eating out of freezer for last 2 days. Enjoy your days all.

harrigran Sat 16-Sep-17 08:54:45

Good morning, a bright start in the north east after overnight rain.
Landscape gardener came yesterday to make final plans for front garden, going to renew drive and patio which has been down five years but not worn well.

Gagagran Sat 16-Sep-17 08:42:29

Morning everyone! Bright, sunny and cool here on the south coast.

I can recommened the fish and chips at the Black Country Living Museum NanKate and also the barge ride throught the tunnels - impressive. (The queue starts before the chip shop opens for business at 12noon.)

DH is off out with his bike club this morning and to the footie this afternoon so I shall have a pottering day.

Hope the sun shines for all today sunshine

Nana3 Sat 16-Sep-17 08:39:54

Good morning from Lancashire, dry but grey clouds looming.
Had a lie in with my book lucky me.
Have a good day everyone.

Humbertbear Sat 16-Sep-17 08:25:58

Good morning. It's fine in N-W London. My daughter and I are off to our first gay wedding. May the sunshine!

Pittcity Sat 16-Sep-17 07:58:09

Good morning from Colchester. Blue sky with heavy grey clouds and the sun peeking through...quite pretty really.
A bits n bobs weekend here.

Greyduster Sat 16-Sep-17 07:49:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey, cold start in
South Yorkshire, but I don't care because the plumber is coming back this morning to resume work on the bathroom. DH is off to footie this afternoon so I shall bake, and do the post holiday laundry. Have a good day folks.

ninathenana Sat 16-Sep-17 07:45:53

Morning everyone.
Sunny but a cool 8c imperfect smile
I have friends coming for coffee late morning whilst H busies himself in the shed and then we're out to dinner tonight with partners included.

kittylester Sat 16-Sep-17 07:44:37

Morning all! Sorry I'm late Kate grin Enjoy Ironbridge and the museum.

It is grey and showery in North Leicestershire and I'd better get a move on. I have to take Maisie to the kennels first thing. Our neighbour feeds the other cat but Maisie is a bit little to be left all alone for a week.

Ironing and bits and bobs for me today

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone! sunshine

loopyloo Sat 16-Sep-17 07:44:25

Good morning from East London. Beautiful day here. More gardening today.

Imperfect27 Sat 16-Sep-17 07:40:06

Morning all from sunny N.Kent. Not quite awake yet, but getting there. Enjoy your spotty GD Maryellin, poor thing - I hope she is not too uncomfortable!

Maryellin52 Sat 16-Sep-17 07:34:54

Good morning every one from a lovely corner of Cheshire...chilly start to the day but looking good
Just off to get my 9 month old grandaughter, she's covered in Chicken pox...but she's still smiling

NanKate Sat 16-Sep-17 07:22:17

Morning Mick Corner and Kitty who is late for the register again grin

Yes I am going to definitely get my Liberty bodice out again.

On hols in lovely Ironbridge. Off to the Black Country Living Museum today.

Happy weekend folks.

cornergran Sat 16-Sep-17 07:11:47

Morning Mick, morning All. Fairly bright with lurking cloud in our corner of Somerset. Flu jab this morning then off to the garden centre - just because I can smile. Agree with Mick, warm clothes needed. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

12Michael Sat 16-Sep-17 06:49:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull and grey here in Brackley this morning, think its time for more wintry clothing.
Mick