Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
grannysyb Tue 19-Sep-17 11:21:51

Lovely day in Teddington. On allotment doing weeding and getting bitten by red ants!

NannyJan53 Tue 19-Sep-17 09:46:05

Good morning all from a very misty Black Country!

Just a bit of house work today, I have a friend popping round this afternoon, so a nice chat and a cuppa and possibly cake! As it's my birthday tomorrow so that is allowed! cupcake grin.

Have a good day everyone and especially thinking of you Nana3 today flowers

harrigran Tue 19-Sep-17 09:30:40

Good morning from the sunny north east, only five degrees with a very fresh feel.
Enjoy the lakes kitty, it is beautiful at this time of year.

Tippy22 Tue 19-Sep-17 08:57:39

Lovely sunny start here in East Sussex but cold. Thinking of you Nana3.

Nelliemoser Tue 19-Sep-17 08:52:15

Good Morning All. I haven't slept so late for a long time.
I now have a car load of DDs leyandii cuttings in my car to take to our tip.
It is easier for us, we have a more accessible recycling centre and DD has a car full of child seats.

I will ignore the issue of smuggling tree waste across three counties.

silverlining48 Tue 19-Sep-17 08:21:26

Good morning all. Its supposed to be bright abs sunny here in kent today so have put my washing on and keeping fingers crossed. Had a better night having taken a pill, but only have 2 left now so need to conserve.
Piano being picked up this morning and moved to my daughters house as gd is starting lessons. Hope the movers are careful. It will leave a place in the dining room fir something else!
Thinking of you nana3, its hard isnt it.

Marydoll Tue 19-Sep-17 08:15:42

Good morning Mick and all, sunny but cold here in Renfrewshire.
Bed stripped and on line, some admin work to do. A bit of packing for forthcoming holiday, as we seem to be busy for the next 10 days. Who said retirement would be relaxing?
Nana3 Thinking of you.

Pittcity Tue 19-Sep-17 08:08:30

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Weather here is getting a bit repetitive but is forecast to improve.
Waiting for notification of my hour slot for a delivery (new hand luggage as the wheels came off my old one) and fitting in shopping around it.
Sending ((hugs)) to Nana3

Greyduster Tue 19-Sep-17 08:08:19

Sorry Maple we crossed!

cornergran Tue 19-Sep-17 08:04:18

Morning All. Bright, sunny start in our corner of Somerset. Sniffly nose this morning, it just can't develop into proper germs hmm. Sorting wardrobes today so I predict chaos. Thinking of you nana3, I recall that stage only too well. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Tue 19-Sep-17 08:02:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wall to wall blue in South Yorkshire this morning but chilly. Glad we changed the duvet over!! I am gardening this morning, then we are picking up GS from school. DH's eye problem has flared up yet again. Nana3?.

Mapleleaf Tue 19-Sep-17 07:55:53

flowers Nana3.
It's a bonnie morning here in South Yorks, but very chilly. Grass is very wet after a lot of rain last night. Hope it doesn't rain today.
Enjoy the Lake District kitty. Hope the sun stays out.

Newquay Tue 19-Sep-17 07:44:12

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Llandudno where DH and are having a few days hol with friends. Doing DH good after a rough year health wise. Off to Bodnant Gardens later. Sitting up in bed sipping early morning tea overlooking a still, sunlit sea.
Thinking of you Nana

JaneD3 Tue 19-Sep-17 07:16:16

I shall be thinking of you Nana3. Off to see my Mum later.
Beautiful morning in Leicester - I hope it lasts.

Gagagran Tue 19-Sep-17 07:13:06

Morning all - the sun is out and drying up the overnight rain here on the south coast. I think it's a little less chilly.

Library and WI coffee morning for me. DH is doing some laundry and will have it all on the line by the time I get back. He is a star.

Hope the sun shines on the Lake District for you kitty. The colours should be beautiful.

Happy days everyone! sunshine

NanKate Tue 19-Sep-17 07:04:45

Good morning Mick Kitty and All.

Thinking of you Nana3

Off to DH's belated birthday treat. Learning to fly a hawk through the woods, exciting but a tiny bit scary for me hmm

kittylester Tue 19-Sep-17 06:57:57

Morning all.

Morecambe is looking good this morning but it was very cold overnight. We are off to the Lake District after breakfast so hoping for sun.

(((hugs))) Nana3, the uncertainty is so distressing isn't it. flowers

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone. sunshine

Maryellin52 Tue 19-Sep-17 06:43:09

Fog in Cheshire, proper pea soup, hope it lifts soon as lm off to meet friends for lunch later

Nana3 Tue 19-Sep-17 06:39:16

Good morning Mick and everyone. Not quite light in Lancashire but dry and fine so far.
Not looking too good for Mum, dreading today, not unexpected but still very sad.
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Tue 19-Sep-17 06:29:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey/wet start here in Brackley this morning, looks like dull day as well.
Mick