Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Thu 21-Sep-17 06:35:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dusky and grey this morning here in Brackley ,
see what the day brings.
Mick

Imperfect27 Thu 21-Sep-17 06:42:50

Good morning Mick and all. I haven't actually peeked outside yet. DH woke me on his way out to work and I am doing that rare (for me) thing of sitting in bed with coffee and laptop ... Nice gentle start.

I hope the day brings you all some very good things smile

kittylester Thu 21-Sep-17 06:46:03

Morning Mick, morning all!

Sitting in bed drinking a cup of tea on our last morning in Morecambe where we had rain overnight. It looks as though we have rain to look forward to all day.

We are calling in to see an aunt and cousin on our way back to Leicestershire. I've not seen them for probably 45 years as mum was either speaking to us and not them or vice versa! Interesting!!

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone! sunshine

kittylester Thu 21-Sep-17 06:46:46

Morning imp. sunshine

Imperfect27 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:01:21

Morning kitty smile Hope you have a great day and good journeys x

Nana3 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:06:30

Good morning everyone, it's grey skies in Lancashire, sunshine and showers coming later apparently.
Hope the Midland lived up to expectations kitty.
I'm going to make bread this morning and visit Mum this afternoon. I might go to King Lear at the cinema this evening if I'm in the mood.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 21-Sep-17 07:09:43

Morning mick, kitty and imperfect. Morning All. A grey and grumpy start in our corner of Somerset after little sleep. Lots of brain draining things ahead today. Travel safely kitty, that family catch-up sounds wonderful. Enjoy your coffee imperfect. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Thu 21-Sep-17 07:10:23

Morning nana3

Tea and cake Thu 21-Sep-17 07:15:57

Good morning early birds! Grey, mild, damp but not actually raining. Slightly windy here. Have a good day whatever you're doing.

MrsJamJam Thu 21-Sep-17 07:31:42

Good morning all. Damp and drizzly here in Devon but we are promised some sun this afternoon so dog will get his long walk after lunch today. Busy day cleaning house as big family party on Saturday for my mother's 90th. The clans start gathering tonight!

NanKate Thu 21-Sep-17 07:37:59

Morning Mick Kitty and all.

Beautiful view from our bedroom window over the Ironbridge Gorge. Returning home after a great week's holiday. There is so much to do in Shropshire for us Oldies.

Back to the reality of sorting the house after a major recarpet. Giving love and sunpport to a sad family member. However very grateful that DH and myself have had time to just be Us for a week.

Hope you mum is ok Nana and enjoy the film.

Pittcity Thu 21-Sep-17 07:43:21

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Temperature fell to 4 last night and will reach 20 this afternoon.
Visiting DD2 and DGS2 today and taking a bag for Cardi and coat that I will have to take off and carry.

Greyduster Thu 21-Sep-17 07:57:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey day in South Yorkshire with rain forecast, but the lawns have had what DH hopes is their final cut hmm. His eye seems to be more comfortable, but is still very red. I have ironing to do.
Pitt I'm glad we're not the only grandparents who are used as sherpas by their littlies! We end up carrying everything too!

Nelliemoser Thu 21-Sep-17 08:01:34

Good Morning All. Very grey and windy in Cheshire and you can feel the dampness in the air but noy obviously raining. Yet!

Gagagran Thu 21-Sep-17 08:26:38

Morning all! Lovely morning here on the south coast and it's much milder. The colours are coming on the trees and I think we will have a spectacular show in October.

We are just back from our usual early supermarket run - well worth the early start as we almost have the place to ourselves and the shelves are freshly stacked.

Not a lot planned for today apart from school run this afternoon.

Happy days everyone! sunshine

silverlining48 Thu 21-Sep-17 08:50:10

Morning all. Just back from waiting at the surgery fir an appt later today. Was told it is easier and quicker to queue becayse no one is there, so hung around at home till 7.50. When i arrived to my surprise there was already an long queue. Anyway i got my appt, thank goodness, fir later this morning.
Washing on, hoping for sun to peep through here in kent. Going to have breakfast now and a nice cup of tea. Why is nice always used when talking about tea. I have sometimes had not very nice tea... Have a good day all.

Coolgran65 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:08:14

Good morning everyone.
It's 9am and the ironing is done. Sleep finally arrived around 4.30am and next door's dog woke me at 7 as our new neighbour went out to work. At 7 I gave up and got up, went out to reassure the dog (over the wall) and hope that dog mammy heard me and would take responsibility.

Sun shining though the ground is still wet from pretty heavy overnight rain.
I might see if I can catch another hour's sleep.

harrigran Thu 21-Sep-17 09:08:17

Good morning, pleasant autumn day and not at all cold.
I have physio appointment this afternoon, hope this gets the shoulder working again.

Mapleleaf Thu 21-Sep-17 10:41:36

Good morning
Grey and breezy at the moment. Rain forecast for later.