Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-Sep-17 06:42:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet morning here in Brackley, usual Friday shop etc today.
Mick

MawBroon Fri 29-Sep-17 06:50:02

Good morning Mick and everybody. Still too dark to judge what sort of day it might be today here in N Bucks!
DH to MKH for his blood transfusion this morning, I always find competing with "rush hour" traffic stressful although it is only a 20 minute drive normally.
However he has slept through from 8 last night to 6 this morning which is a first!

Nana3 Fri 29-Sep-17 06:53:56

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's still dark in Lancashire, I haven't heard the weather forecast but yesterday was very sunny.
Hope you all have a good day whatever your plans.

NfkDumpling Fri 29-Sep-17 06:54:25

Morning All

Wet and dark in Norfolk.
Having gone on holiday I'm late starting my art class this term, they're apparently finishing painting sunflowers today. I knew this, have a sunflower head already, but haven't lifted a pencil let alone a brush. Am thinking of bunking off!

Marydoll Fri 29-Sep-17 07:05:54

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Very dark here this morning, exhausted after my lovely day out with DGD and SIL into town yesterday.
Looking after DGD again today. DH and I are out into town to pick up my prescriptions before we go on holiday and then lunch in a local fish and chip restaurant with her.
Have a good day all.
Just looked out and it is raining. sad

Imperfect27 Fri 29-Sep-17 07:10:15

Morning all. My first day wearing a uniform and learning on the job shadowing someone senior. Have arrived early ... Hope everyone has a good day xxx

ninathenana Fri 29-Sep-17 07:13:08

Morning all.
Grey and breezy in Kent. Yesterday eventually turned out warm and sunny after a grey start, so who knows.
Enjoy your day everyone. Marydoll have a great holiday.

kittylester Fri 29-Sep-17 07:16:26

Good morning all!

North Leicestershire is a bit 'irdinary' today - hope it stays like it!

I'm volunteering this morning and then we are going out for dinner with a couple i have never met and who dh qualified with 50 years ago!!shock Now, what do I wear?

Hope today goes well Imp

Good luck with the drive Maw

nfk - I think I'd bunk off!!

harrigran Fri 29-Sep-17 07:23:40

Good morning, grey and damp looking this morning. Yesterday turned out to be a lovely sunny day but I had to wait in for a parcel that did not arrive yet again.

Gagagran Fri 29-Sep-17 07:24:42

Morning kitty Mick and all! It's a damp, grey, gloomy morning here on the south coast but very mild.

Hairdresser this afternoon and really must get my admin done - it is too easy to put it off. Nothing much else on the agenda but something usually presents itself I find.

Go safely all those who are on the roads and hope there are some happy days in store. sunshine

Tea and cake Fri 29-Sep-17 07:27:27

Good morning everyone.

Raining in the West Midlands but not cold. That's the gardening out then!

Good luck in new job Imperfect , very tiring the first few days I always find but after that things slot into place.

Glad you got your sleep Maw

Don't bunk off Nfk?!

Have a lovely holiday Marydoll are you going somewhere warm?

And Kitty, something colourful to give you a lift, and something you feel relaxed in. The other lady will be feeling the same....

Phew, time for more tea ?

cornergran Fri 29-Sep-17 07:32:48

Morning All. Dark and pouring with rain in our corner of Somerset. Got to get Mr C and his stuck neck to a physio appointment, if I can get him in the car.

Wishing imperfect a good day, guess it's the first day to see what the job is really like.

Safe trip maw, hope you slept as well as paw and today helps.

Would I go to the class nfk? Probably not but I expect you are made of sterner stuff.

I think, kitty , in this situation just wear what you will be comfortable in, the meal will be fine and if not I guess you never need to see them again hmm. Random thought, after 50 years will they recognise each other?

Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Fri 29-Sep-17 08:29:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dreary start in South Yorkshire. We are expecting rain. Shopping this morning and then the bathroom fitter is coming this afternoon for a couple of hours to do some prep before he puts all the furniture in. By the end of tommorrow - with good luck and a following wind - I may have a bathroom!
NfK my heart used to sink when I went to my art class and we were painting flowers. The instructor was fixated on them! I'm sure you won't bunk off though!
Have a good day, folks.

Nelliemoser Fri 29-Sep-17 08:31:53

Good morning All. we already have our rain in Cheshire.
I am driving up to Skipton today I expect it will be wet all the way.

Mapleleaf Fri 29-Sep-17 08:38:40

Morning, everyone.
Grey and wet here in South Yorkshire at the moment. It's forecast to brighten later, but we'll see. It did yesterday, after a dull start.
Best wishes to all with hospital appointments today.
Hope your first day goes well, imperfect -let us know how it went.
kitty, as cornergran says, wear something you feel comfortable in. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time ?
Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 29-Sep-17 08:55:30

Good morning from a grey damp Colchester.
Laundry and shopping today. DGS1 and DGS3 coming this afternoon to stay for the weekend while parents go to a wedding.
So dusting off toys, making bed for 6 year old and toddler proofing for little one is on the agenda too.

Marydoll Fri 29-Sep-17 09:12:19

Thanks for good wishes on our holiday.
We are off to Portugal in the early hours of Sunday morning. My DIL, baby granddaughter and I have gatecrashed DH and DS's golfing holiday! It's our Ruby wedding tomorrow, so it's a bit of a celebration as well. We will have a big family meal, once we return and manage to get all the children in one place.
The sun has come out, so a nice day for walking with the pram.

Imperfect27 Fri 29-Sep-17 11:31:05

Thanks for the good wishes - a gentle first day really and home by 11 a.m.

Reminding myself that in my former working life, I would not be sitting here, fit up, half watching TV, etc. at this time on a Friday. Definitely less frazzled than I might have been ...

MesMopTop Sat 30-Sep-17 03:48:16

Good morning to all. Where I live it's Saturday afternoon, about 37 degrees now and almost time to get ready for work. I do miss bring able to pop into friends and families or tonic into the local cafe for a cup of tea and empire biscuit! Just feeling a bit homesick today and missing all the familiar things we all take for granted. Even things like the darker mornings and evenings and the good old rain. Would just love to have a good cup of tea, said biccies (we don't get them here and home made just I ant the same) and friends that can understand me and my "roots"

MesMopTop Sat 30-Sep-17 03:56:46

Wear something comfy and that you feel good in Kitty. Strangers are friends you have yet to meet! You might find you get on so well that you become great friends. Hope everyone going to appointments have good outcomes and everyone out and about stays safe. May every single one if you have s beautiful and blessed day ????