Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(15 Posts)
Mapleleaf Sat 30-Sep-17 10:53:49

Good morning all,
good morning greyduster.
I've been up and about a while, but got carried away cleaning kitchen so am late coming here. Sorry your back is giving you problems today greyduster - take it easy. The weather has brightened up here now, after a dull start. Supposed to be the best day of the weekend.
Hope the sun shines for you both, kitty and Nankate
Hugs for you Nana3. Good news about paw, maw.
Hope today is a good one for everyone.

Marydoll Sat 30-Sep-17 09:34:57

Good morning all, it's a lovely sunny morning here in Glasgow, if a little cold.
DH went out for papers early this morning, only to find that someone had decorated the outside of our house with banners and ribbons , as it is our Ruby wedding. I had tried to keep it low key!
I had chosen a ring as an anniversary gift, but my husband surprised me with a beautiful ruby pendant. Who says, romance is dead?
We are off to Portugual in the early hours of tomorrow, I can't wait, as our DDG will be with us.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.

MawBroon Sat 30-Sep-17 08:56:26

Good morning all from a grey and "fresh" N Bucks.
Where did September go? I've been sustaining myself with thoughts of "Indian Summer", "September can be lovely " etc etc and suddenly it's over!
Winter draw(er)s on?
Better night last night Paw has woken feeling refreshed and much more like himself after 2 units of blood yesterday. Good smile

harrigran Sat 30-Sep-17 08:08:54

Good morning from a bright but cool north east. It was clear and starry last night.
No plans for today unless family say they are going to visit.

Greyduster Sat 30-Sep-17 08:07:42

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Not sure what the weather is doing today - I can't get out of bed! My back has gone again and I am struggling to move! Maple where are you?
We are supposed to be babysitting this evening - grandad may have to go on his own.
Have a good standing upright day, folks.

cornergran Sat 30-Sep-17 08:04:45

Morning All. An Eeyore gloomy gloomy morning in our corner of Somerset. Bit damp too. Need a catchup day and it looks as if the weather will encourage me to stay in smile. Good wishes to those out and about and with celebrations. Hugs for nana3. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

JaneD3 Sat 30-Sep-17 07:56:04

Morning all. Sunny here in Barcelona. Hope you all have good days!

Gagagran Sat 30-Sep-17 07:50:43

Morning all! Not sure what the weather is going to do - we have a thick cloud layer here on the south coast and it feels damp but still mild.

Had my hair cropped yesterday and it is quite short. Wanted it to look like Judy Dench's but as I don't have her features it looks somewhat different. Hey ho! It will grow.

DH is out with his bike club this morning and then going to the football this afternoon. I need a catch up phone call with my sister which will take at least an hour. We email almost daily but still manage to chat for ages too. Strictly this evening but nothing else much planned. Might make a cake for DH.

Hope the day is a happy one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Sat 30-Sep-17 07:39:56

Morning All

The grey clouds are clearing now from the east. I hope the weather stays dry for your birthday treat NanKate and for Kitty's pop-up. Sounds fun.

Nothing planned for today other than catching up with cleaning/washing/ironing etc.

(((hugs))) Nana3

Pittcity Sat 30-Sep-17 07:36:20

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Up early with DGSs. Fireman Sam instead of the News.
Family day then DH and I are seeing Paul Zerdin, the ventriloquist, in Colchester tonight.

Nana3 Sat 30-Sep-17 07:30:36

Good morning, it's fine in Lancashire. Two DGC here, the 13 year old said she might stop coming for her Friday sleep over soon, it had to happen one day I suppose. It's been such a joy to be close to her.
Visits to mum are very difficult, yesterday she kept saying "help me Lord".
Hope Saturday is a good day for everyone.

NanKate Sat 30-Sep-17 07:30:29

Hope your show goes well Kitty it sounds fun.

NanKate Sat 30-Sep-17 07:29:42

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Off to meet DS and 2 GSs at a NT House half way between us to have a late celebration of my Bday. DH has sorted an over the top Bday cake and we are going to find a table somewhere in the gardens light the candles and have an impromptu party. Hope it doesn't rain. ?

kittylester Sat 30-Sep-17 07:00:55

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's grey and cloudy in North Leicestershire - not good as I'm helping set up a pop-up Chelsea Flower show in the village and then helping on a stall today.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone! sunshine

12Michael Sat 30-Sep-17 06:51:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Mick