Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(17 Posts)
MawBroon Sun 01-Oct-17 09:02:08

Oh Nankate what a po faced bunch the NT were,
Mind you we once had to stop sis in law lighting indoor fireworks in the cafe at the Royal Free one Christmas when Paw had not made it home.
She had not considered the possible consequences such as triggering the sprinklers and causing the evacuation of a 12 storey hospital in the middle of Hampstead ??

harrigran Sun 01-Oct-17 08:29:37

Good morning, grey, damp and cool here in the north east.
Haven't heard from one side of family and the other side are in Greece so probably no visitors today.

Greyduster Sun 01-Oct-17 08:24:11

Why the Foreign Legion? Because my friend fancies the hat, and I like playing in the sand!

NanKate Sun 01-Oct-17 08:15:31

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Grey but dry in the Thames Valley.

Met up half way at an NT property yesterday with DS and family for my belated Birthday get together. We were told off, quite rightly, for lighting candles on my cake as it was against NT rules. DGS 6 suggested party games in the woods so we were careering round wearing party hats playing Tag, Monsters etc what fun.

Greyduster you really made me laugh about the Foreign Legion and I might be asking to tag along as we, like so many others here on GN have been going through a major family trauma.

Hope we all have a good day and your knees keep going Kitty.

MawBroon Sun 01-Oct-17 08:13:31

Might be joining you in the Foreign Legion. (See below)
Good morning all, grey, autumnal, soggy, and the leaves seem to have turned overnight.
(Why the Foreign Legion? ) Oh, I was up to paw at 1 ish, 4 ish, 6 and again (trying to snatch another hour) at 7.30 ☹️

Greyduster Sun 01-Oct-17 08:12:15

Agree with NfK about walking poles. They do take the pressure off your knees. DH hates them as I am a bit cavalier with mine - he says I'm dangerous?!

cornergran Sun 01-Oct-17 08:01:03

Morning All. Overcast start in our corner of Somerset. Dry at the moment but the puddles speak of a lot of rain overnight. Good luck with your walk kitty. Oh dear, greyduster, that bathroom, hopefully easily sorted and the Foreign Legion not needed. Enjoy your family time nfk, I'm sure the little one will cooperate tomorrow. Well, almost sure smile. Need to do the catching up today I didn't do yesterday. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

loopyloo Sun 01-Oct-17 08:00:58

Grey in East London. Off for a reunion with old friends today. Hope we don't get blown off the road.

Gagagran Sun 01-Oct-17 07:51:19

Morning all! Very damp and overcast here on the south coast. This is not the autumn I ordered at all! Crisp days with a blue sky was the spec!

Hope all those with poorly partners have a better day and those who are struggling themselves feel better too. sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 01-Oct-17 07:50:34

looso? Sticky space bar!

NfkDumpling Sun 01-Oct-17 07:50:03

Morning All

Very breezy, overcast and a bit mizzly in the north of Norfolk.

DS and DGS are coming lunchtime as DDiL is off to a distant funeral with her parents, and are staying over as I'm taking DGS to nursery tomorrow. I fear he may not want to go after his exciting holiday (his first proper holiday). Looking forward to seeing them.

Commiserations on your leaky loo Greyduster, I believe its a common fault with new loosso hopefully not a big problem.

And take hike sticks on your walk Kitty if you have them, they do make a difference.

Greyduster Sun 01-Oct-17 07:32:26

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is wet and murky in South Yorkshire. We are supposed to be going to watch GS play footie later this morning, but I have been awake half the night and to compound my miseries, I have just discovered (wet feet) that the toilet in our newly installed bathroom is leaking! My friend's invitation too run away and join the Foreign Legion is looking more inviting by the minute! Happy Sunday, people.

ninathenana Sun 01-Oct-17 07:29:30

Flippin phone angry
to the allotment

ninathenana Sun 01-Oct-17 07:27:56

Morning Mick, kitty, Nana and all.

Grey drizzly and breezy in Kent.
H getting ready to go to tge allitment.
He may be home early methinks

Nana3 Sun 01-Oct-17 07:16:46

Good morning, it's wet in Lancashire. I'm doing the memory walk kitty, next Sunday.
My laundry has been waiting to go on the line since yesterday Mick, will end up putting it in the dryer.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sun 01-Oct-17 06:54:45

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's still dark in North Leicestershire and both cats are soggy so I imagine it's raining.

Beginning to regret saying I'd help on our local Alzheimer's Memory Walk after helping at the pop-up Chelsea yesterday. I'm not sure my knees can take it! grin

Enjoy your Sundays everyone. sunshine

12Michael Sun 01-Oct-17 06:31:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark, grey and wet here in Brackley at the moment, doing laundry at the moment.
Mick