Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(15 Posts)
harrigran Wed 04-Oct-17 09:22:49

Good morning, it is overcast and windy here in the north east.
Waiting in for parcels again, fiasco yesterday with two duvet covers delivered from the same company by two different carriers an hour apart. No the wonder delivery was expensive.

Pittcity Wed 04-Oct-17 08:23:06

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Not as breezy as yesterday. I have a cold and so am giving usual Wednesday coffee morning a miss. DH has it too, although his is far worse of course!

Menopaws Wed 04-Oct-17 08:16:19

Day off, raging ear infection, methinks stay in bed!

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Oct-17 08:14:27

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk this morning. And still a stiff breeze. Like Mapleleaf I woke at silly o'clock with an overactive brain. My painful knee didn't help (not the new one). Perhaps its the weather.

We're sorting the garden and very overgrown pond again today. And somehow plan a little fence and heron defences for the pond.

Imperfect27 Wed 04-Oct-17 08:11:09

Nana he can now leave the ward for up to 4 hours accompanied - we took him and his GF to a really lovely pub ...no alcohol of course - but a lovely meal out and for a while we all switched off to the current worries and simply enjoyed and celebrated his freedom together. smile Hard for him to go back, but we are seeing the beginnings of recovery. smile

Greyduster Wed 04-Oct-17 08:02:24

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Seems Maple’s bit of South Yorks has drawn the long straw this morning - it is very grey and cold here. I have been sneezing since I opened my eyes. Hope it is not a cold. Nothing much planned today - DH is painting. Have a good one, folks!

Marydoll Wed 04-Oct-17 07:55:48

Good morning here from the sunny Algarve. Decided to lie in a little later, as the men were having a day off golfing. I have been woken at the crack of dawn by them for the last few days. Unfortunately my daughter messaged me of 6.15am. So much for a lie in.
Off for a day trip, it will allow my son and daughter in law to spend some time alone with toddler granddaughter.
Nana I hope you have a peaceful visit with your mum.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Nana3 Wed 04-Oct-17 07:39:10

Good morning, cloudy but not raining in Lancashire. Thanks again for kind messages yesterday. I managed a day off as a friend visited Mum and said she was sleeping.
Imperfect27 I hope you had positive plans for your son at the hospital.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Wed 04-Oct-17 07:27:19

Morning all.
Thin grey cloud in Kent. It was a pleasant day here yesterday wasn't it imperfect we have been lucky with our weather.
Happy days everyone.

Tea and cake Wed 04-Oct-17 07:16:42

Good morning everyone

Calm here and not too cold, but can see I will have to dig out my gloves soon.

Have a good day everybody.

Mapleleaf Wed 04-Oct-17 06:56:07

Morning.
Just beginning to lighten up outside. Seems fine & dry at the moment and it's forecast to become breezy with bright spells - we'll see, as it's very quiet at the moment.
I've been awake since 4.30 and couldn't drop off again, even after trying a cup of tea and a read of my book, so gave up and came downstairs to have my breakfast. Trouble is, I feel a bit sleepy now, but my mind won't slow down enough to let me go back to sleep! It's not as if I've got anything bothering me - it's just one of those "wake up far to early and can't get back to sleep days". Oh well, maybe an afternoon nap later??
Enjoy your Wednesday.

Gagagran Wed 04-Oct-17 06:47:05

Morning Mick and everyone

This morning seems very dark here on the south coast but the forecast is for bright spells this morning. It is getting noticeably cooler though.

Wishing happy days for all GNs sunshine

Imperfect27 Wed 04-Oct-17 06:46:21

Morning Mick and all. Hoping for another dry, bright day here in Kent. Quietish day ahead - thank goodness as it has been very busy of late.

Here's to a good'un!

kittylester Wed 04-Oct-17 06:45:23

Morning Mick morning all.

It's still dark in North Leicestershire so I've no idea what the weather is like. The heating is on so it must be cold.

Batch cooking and school run for me today so I expect it will rain in Derby at about 3.30.

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone! sunshine

12Michael Wed 04-Oct-17 06:39:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry here in Brackley this morning, see how the day goes.
Mick