Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
silverlining48 Thu 05-Oct-17 10:41:47

Windy and grey first thing but blue sky and sunshine now here in kent. The wind is gone and i need to get washed and dressed. Spend far too much time on gn.
Have a good day all.

MawBroon Thu 05-Oct-17 09:01:55

Blew a bit of a hooley last night and there are more leaves than ever on the ground! Still, lovely and sunny here in N Bucks but it will take more than solar power to energise me after a very very broken night sad

DanniRae Thu 05-Oct-17 08:55:25

Good Morning Everyone - Wet and dull here in South London.
Off to podiatrist this afternoon - to get toe nails cut because I can't manage myself (Oh the glamour!)
Precious son and his girlfriend here for dinner tonight. Trying out a new recipe - pasta with bacon, cheese and broccolli............I hope they like it?? They are bringing the pudding grin

Nana3 Thu 05-Oct-17 08:47:25

Good morning, the wind woke me up at 4.30am but the sun is shining in Lancashire now.
We have a North West GN meet up in a lovely garden centre cafe this lunchtime, visiting Mum first though.
Must check out that sausage recipe whitewave.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Thu 05-Oct-17 08:33:28

Morning all!

Just back from the supermarket run. DGD2 is 15 next week and requested Topshop voucher for her birthday (I did ask her!). I was pleased to find that gift vouchers for a wide range of shops are on sale in Tesco, so bought them there. Saves a trip to town or waiting in for postal delivery.

Hope the day is a happy one for all GNs sunshine

whitewave Thu 05-Oct-17 08:26:32

Good morning all

Thought I’d check in for a change.

Dull cool and breezy on South Downs, but forecast to improve. Hope so as I have a huge line of washing to go out.

Feeling slightly jaded after a night out with ex-work colleagues - always enjoy catching up with the gossip and the latest stuff going on at work.
Have been beginning to clear the garden for autumn, but there is still a lot of flower and bees and butterflies so am not being too drastic.

Mary Berry’s sausage supper -so easy and always goes down well with DH.

harrigran Thu 05-Oct-17 08:09:17

Good morning, dry and bright here in the north east.
DH up and about early as landscaper is coming to completely change the front garden.
Will have to use the servants entrance for a day or two to avoid trampling the dirt in grin

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Oct-17 08:08:10

Good morning everyone
As greyduster says, it's cold, bright and breezy here in South Yorkshire. Brighter than yesterday.
Glad to say I didn't wake at silly o'clock this morning. ?
Got a few errands to run this morning and a bit of baking this afternoon.
Hope you've had a nice holiday Marydoll, enjoy your final day there.
Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Greyduster Thu 05-Oct-17 07:31:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is very windy and cold in South Yorkshire but the sun is up and shining, and the sky is fairly blue! Dunno if it will stay that way though. A couple of errands to do today, then flu jabs this pm. My cup runneth over! Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Thu 05-Oct-17 07:23:49

Good morning from a windy but dry Colchester.
Blood test this morning then on to Thursday coffee with the local ladies.

JaneD3 Thu 05-Oct-17 07:19:26

Morning everyone! Brightening up here in Leicester after a wet night. Just about time to plant some garlic (so Monty Don tells me!) so off to buy some. Full moon tonight so watch out!

Imperfect27 Thu 05-Oct-17 07:13:33

Good morning Mick, Nina, Kitty and all. Yes, the bleaker weather is definitely driving into Kent now. Chilly this morning indoors, but we are holding out on heating for now - we managed until 7th October last year!

Here's to a 'gentle' day where possible xx

Marydoll Thu 05-Oct-17 07:12:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. Too dark to see the weather, but should be sunny.
Easy day, out walking with granddaughter, as it's almost car free here at our hotel and she loves the freedom. Some shopping and then packing to go home tomorrow.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Thu 05-Oct-17 07:11:58

Morning Mick and other early birds. Little sleep again, grrr. Windy and damp in our corner of Somerset. Physio today and some cleaning. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Thu 05-Oct-17 07:04:22

Morning Mick, nina, all.

It's wet and windy in North Leicestershire too. Sainsbury's for me this morning and probably ironing this afternoon.

Stay dry Nina.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone! sunshine

ninathenana Thu 05-Oct-17 06:51:54

Morning Mick and everyone.

Windy but dry in Kent, we have a local coastal flood warning for high tide at mid day. Not too concerned, hopefully they are being over cautious.

12Michael Thu 05-Oct-17 06:46:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its wet and windy out this morning in Brackley , usual day today.
Mick