Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(16 Posts)
Mapleleaf Sat 07-Oct-17 09:15:05

Morning to all,
As greyduster says, it's grey and cold here in South Yorkshire. Off to the hairdresser later to see if he can work some magic on my troublesome locks! They never sit the way I want them too so I end up looking as if I've been plugged into an electric socket ?
Other than that, not a lot going on today.
Hope you have a lovely time in Inverness Pittcity and on the train.
Hope that bathroom gets finished next week greyduster. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Enjoy Saturday, one and all, whatever your plans are.

Greyduster Sat 07-Oct-17 09:01:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. South Yorkshire is cold and grey this morning but dry so far. We have not succumbed to putting the heating on yet, but I feel it can't be long. Not much to do today. The plumber is not coming back until next weekend when, he promises me, he will finish. I will bake. DH has some outside work to do.
imp hope your DS is progressing ?.
Have a happy day, folks.

ninathenana Sat 07-Oct-17 08:44:32

Morning everyone.

Grey with a few spots of rain in Kent, more forecast for later.
No heating here yet or even a cardi.

Tippy22 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:38:13

Grey and drizzly here in East Sussex quite a contrast to the hot weather we had in Greece for the last few days. Babysitting a 2 year old for the weekend, lovely but exhausting. Enjoy your day everyone.

harrigran Sat 07-Oct-17 08:37:01

Good morning, overcast and windy here in the north east. Landscaper did not turn up yesterday and offered no explanation so DH was on the phone to the office and told them to find out what was going on

Nana3 Sat 07-Oct-17 08:12:12

Thank you NanKate, don't know how you've managed so long without the heating on, mine has been on for weeks.
All the best to you and your son Imperfect flowers. Take care of yourself.

NanKate Sat 07-Oct-17 07:52:38

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Very grey and murky in the Thames Valley today.

We have given in and turned on the central heating smile

So pleased Nana3 your GD is back.

Got lots of bits and pieces to do, whether I will do them is another thing!

cornergran Sat 07-Oct-17 07:43:24

Morning All. A damp morning in our corner of Somerset. Meeting up with family today smile. That sounds a wonderful perk pittcity, enjoy the trip. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Sat 07-Oct-17 07:40:57

Morning all who are up and about,

pitt I love train journeys, so hope you enjoy your day.

Breezy and cloudy on the South Downs. Yesterday was glorious here and after mum duties we went walking in the autumnal air, falling leaves to crunch, with Devon reds watching us. Collected more walnuts and have quite a bowlful now to keep for Christmas.

Today a bit more garden cleanup and a day of rest-just what I like.

Pittcity Sat 07-Oct-17 07:26:51

Good morning from cloudy Essex. Chilly with drizzle in the air.
We are on a train bound for London where we will breakfast and board the train to Inverness. First Class and free, perk of DH's job that he kept when he retired.

NfkDumpling Sat 07-Oct-17 07:20:53

Morning All

Very grey this morning in Norfolk and still quite breezy.

Farmers Market in town this morning - and a small food festival, so extra stalls, talks, and (apparently) a bouncy tomato. I shall go into town to investigate.

kittylester Sat 07-Oct-17 07:14:55

Morning imp. Hope you find your son doing well.

kittylester Sat 07-Oct-17 07:13:30

Morning Mick, Nana, all.

It's getting light in North Leicestershire but it looks to be quite cloudy. Shopping for new bedding today including a duvet - worked out the one we have is almost 20 years old and very lumpy now.

Enjoy your days all.sunshine

Imperfect27 Sat 07-Oct-17 07:11:37

Good morning all. Dark here in Kent - lovely clear skies and full mons the past 2 nights, now even chillier than it was yesterday morning. Still resisting putting the heating on - tucked up with a blanket!

Busy day and glad to be visiting my DS1 in hospital later .

Hope you all have a good day.

Nana3 Sat 07-Oct-17 06:54:11

Good morning, too dark to tell but not raining at the moment in Lancashire.
2 DGC here. Last week the elder one said she was going to stay home on Fridays in future, this lasted for one week smile
Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Sat 07-Oct-17 06:44:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey cloudy with some rain earlier , here in Brackley this morning.
Mick