Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(15 Posts)
NanKate Sun 08-Oct-17 15:03:42

Queues !

NanKate Sun 08-Oct-17 15:02:50

For any of you visiting Windsor, which is only about 15 miles from me, the best time of year to visit is the Autumn as it has slightly less tourists then. The cost of parking is horrendous, however if you are driving go towards Old Windsor, that is just passed the railway station, on the left is a car park. Go to the very end of the car park opposite the playing fields and you can get cheap parking about £3.20 for four hours. If you go on a Sat/Sun it is free. There is a very occasional mini bus that takes you into the centre otherwise you have a 10 minute walk on the flat into town, then a hill up to the Castle. Buy your castle tickets online to avoid the cues.

Gagagran Sun 08-Oct-17 10:06:08

Morning all! It's still and dry here on the south coast with rather pretty silvery clouds hiding the sky.

We were at a concert in aid of MS last night, given by my choir accompanist. It was brilliant - if rather numbing to the rear as it was in a church with pews! I had to record Strictly and watch it this morning over breakfast, which is why I am late to GN.

Sorry about the curry kitty - hope the tum soon settles.
Look after your cold Nfk - I think you are supposed to feed a cold and starve a fever so that's one consolation.

Hope there are happy days for all GNs. sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 08-Oct-17 09:47:45

Morning All

Grey and still here in Norfolk. The forecast was for brighter weather this afternoon, so we had hoped, as the wind has eventually dropped to go for a drift around the Broad. But the chart says 2/3 mph! Not even enough for a drift! So I'm painting flower boxes for the Town Square instead. Much more productive.

I have that limp coming down with a cold feeling anyway so best I don't go near people anyway. Hope all of you who're not feeling too bright today get better soon. Keep snug.

Mapleleaf Sun 08-Oct-17 09:35:08

Good morning,
It's a bit overcast at the moment in my corner of South Yorkshire, but hope it brightens up.
Enjoy Windsor Mick. It's many years since I visited, but enjoyed it very much.
Hope you feel better soon, kitty.
May go bird watching later with DH.

harrigran Sun 08-Oct-17 08:27:15

Good morning, overcast but dry this morning.
Another day at home as landscape gardener is working today.
Family not visiting as GD has a friend staying and I don't suppose they have had much sleep.
Have a restful day kitty, hope you feel better soon.

cornergran Sun 08-Oct-17 08:18:46

Morning All. Clear sky a while ago in our corner of Somerset. Back in bed with closed curtains so hope that's still the same. Being 'glutened' is no fun, kitty, look after yourself, you too nana3 and anyone else who needs to. A bit of gardening here this morning then a need to find a crematorium to make sure we aren't late for a funeral in the week. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Sun 08-Oct-17 08:16:49

Good morning from a grey skied Inverness. Arrived in the dark last night. Out exploring today after a full Scottish breakfast.

Greyduster Sun 08-Oct-17 07:53:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Enjoy Windsor, Mick. I have never been - it's on my bucket list!
kitty I'm sorry you're not well enough to go and see Bertie's match. Hope you feel better through the day. Junior footie is what we are doing this morning and fortunately the weather in South Yorkshire is brightening nicely, but I shall dig out the padded jacket today. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

NanKate Sun 08-Oct-17 07:45:16

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Have a good time in Windsor Mick I really like it there however it can get very busy.

Sorry you are not feeling so well Kitty keep the Imodium nearby. I PMd you yesterday in response to an old PM from you called something like ‘it never rains but it pours’ if it didn’t get through I will start a new PM.

Nana3 sorry you can’t make the walk, it is understandable if you are feeling down. Have you heard the expression something like ‘these things will pass’ I always go back to that saying when I am going through a rough patch. I’ve sent you a virtual hug. ((Hug))

Imperfect27 Sun 08-Oct-17 07:31:02

Hello everyone. A gentle start to the day here in N Kent. I hope you enjoy your Sunday plans.

Tippy22 Sun 08-Oct-17 07:26:13

Up early with a 2 year old. Fortunately Peppa Pig is on. Grey and chilly here in East Sussex but hopefully stays fine so we can have a walk on the beach later.

Nana3 Sun 08-Oct-17 07:18:38

Good morning, a pretty sky in Lancashire, a few clouds with shades of pink between them.
Sorry to hear you're not well kitty.
I should be doing the memory walk in Blackpool this morning but I'm giving it a miss, will send a donation.
Have a good day Mick and everyone.

kittylester Sun 08-Oct-17 07:01:24

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is still dark in North Leicestershire and feels quite cold.

We are due to be watching Bertie play football this am but we had a takeaway curry last night and I appear to have been glutened - looks as though dh will be going on his own.

12Michael Sun 08-Oct-17 06:46:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still twilight and looks grey but dry this morning in Brackley.
Off to Windsor later this morning stopover so will not be here 1st thing.
Mick