Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning Monday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Oct-17 12:08:26

Its raining here in Brackley just got home , hotel in Windsor was excellent , just on Berks/Surrey border near Runnymede posh as well De Vere Beaumont Estate.
Mick

ginny Mon 09-Oct-17 09:52:40

Good Morning all.
Staying with friends in Brixham, Devon. I think the sun is winning. Off to Dittisham this morning and the treating friends to lunch. Maybe a visit to a National Trust property can be fitted in too. Hope you all have a good day.

Pittcity Mon 09-Oct-17 08:55:57

Good morning from a cloudy but brightening Inverness.
Today is my birthday and our wedding anniversary. DH has chosen to visit Fort George. I am choosing dinner tonight.

Tippy22 Mon 09-Oct-17 08:33:45

Good morning everyone. There are a lot of early birds today. Grey and chilly here in East Sussex today. Reclaiming the house after a the two day visit of a two year old and she's left me with a present - her cold. Why do 2 year olds seem to have a permanent runny nose. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Mon 09-Oct-17 08:20:05

Good morning everyone. Hope you're enjoying Windsor, Mick.
As Maple'says, it is grey grey grey in South Yorkshire. I am contemplating having a few hours fishing this afternoon before the season ends. We shall see. At the moment, I don't feel inclined to get up. I was having a good night's sleep until the Twitter alert on DH's phone went off!
Enjoy your day folks!

Nelliemoser Mon 09-Oct-17 08:14:39

For one terrible moment there I thought we were out of tea bags. All I was after was a cup of tea to have when I had showered and got dressed. I am now wandering about the house in a bath towel.

Marydoll Mon 09-Oct-17 07:59:45

Good morning all,
Damp and grey here in Renfrewshire.
A catching up day after our return from holiday. Gas engineer here most of yesterday afternoon, so little got done, but the heating is on! Planning to look out some warmer clothes, just working out how to persuade DH to go up the loft for them.
Have a good day all.

cornergran Mon 09-Oct-17 07:47:20

Morning All. Quite bright in our corner of Somerset. Had a good night but still feel dozy, not a morning person that's for sure. Sorting the car insurance this morning, not sure what else other than persuading Mr C he would love to wash the car. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Nelliemoser Mon 09-Oct-17 07:45:52

Good morning all. I slept until just after seven .something of a record for my lately. It looks dull and grey outside. If there is one thing I find depressing is heavy grey skies. I am going to have to continue putting my garden to bed for the winter.

Tea and cake Mon 09-Oct-17 07:25:35

Good morning everyone.

Mild here but mist/very slight drizzle. Hope all is ok when you visit Nana3. Sorry your friend moving NJ53. Things won't be quite the same but 100 miles isn't really that far...with my family anyway! If she's near a station and you are, even better.

Have a good day everyone

NfkDumpling Mon 09-Oct-17 07:25:35

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk which is better than yesterday. The weather forecaster was still saying yesterday evening what a lovely day it had been here, but we'd only had grey skies and occasional drizzle!

I intend to squeeze in an extra art class this morning to make up for all the ones I've miss, then it's down to the local travel agent to help sort out our trip to Tallinn in February. Having won a three day birding trip its developing into something a lot more complicated!

Mapleleaf Mon 09-Oct-17 07:14:34

Morning everyone,
It's lightening up here in South Yorks and looks rather grey. Heating not on, so it mustn't be too cold out there. Off to Leeds later for a little retail therapy!
Have a good Monday.

ninathenana Mon 09-Oct-17 07:06:17

Morning all.
A lot of early birds this morning. Still grey and a little dark here in Kent too say what the weather will be but it's dry and no wind. No plans, just pottering today.
Hope your having a good time Mick

NannyJan53 Mon 09-Oct-17 06:58:25

Good morning all

Back from our 10 days away in Spain, so its back to normality.

Sad day for me, my best friend is moving 100 miles away to Lincolnshire, I shall so miss our regular meet ups. We will keep in touch and already have an invite to stay at her new place, but it won't be quite the same sad , but life moves on and it's the right place for her to be now.

Hope all will be well with your Mum today Nana3 when you visit.

Have a good Monday everyone.

Gagagran Mon 09-Oct-17 06:53:52

Morning all! Our heating came on too kitty so it must be chill here on the south coast. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Windsor Mick.

Hope the day is a happy one for all GNs. sunshine

NanKate Mon 09-Oct-17 06:42:34

Morning Mick in Windsor, Nana3 and All that follow.

Started back to Keep Fit after a 6 month break last week, found it tiring, but will go back again this morning.

Hope things are as well as can be expected Nana3 when you see your Mum today.

Too dark to give a weather forecast.

kittylester Mon 09-Oct-17 06:39:44

Morning Nana, imp missing you Mick!

We bought a new duvet and crisp cotton cover on Saturday and I slept really well. It's also lovely and warm as the heating has come on. I suppose that must mean it's quite cold out.

Trying to get a better Sky/Internet/phone deal this morning and then a trip to Lutterworth to help deliver a Carer's Course.

Enjoy your Mondays everyone! grin

Imperfect27 Mon 09-Oct-17 06:29:21

Morning Nana, Mick and all.

Hard to get up today, but coming round gradually.

Monday, Monday - I hope it is good to you all.

Nana3 Mon 09-Oct-17 05:55:04

I'm early and it's dark in Lancashire. I hope you are having a good time in Windsor Mick.
I will invite a friend for coffee this morning and see Mum later, not been for 2 days.
Have a good day everyone.