Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Sat 14-Oct-17 06:46:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight clear sky but dry here in Brackley its supposed to be an Indian summer day today
Mick

Imperfect27 Sat 14-Oct-17 07:04:48

Good morning Mick and all.

Looking forward to a 'slow' weekend - the first for some weeks.

I hope the sunshine reaches us all today. sunshine

Marydoll Sat 14-Oct-17 07:06:43

Good Morning Mick and Imp..
Hopefully our weather will be the same, but I'm not holding my breath.
After a terrible night, flu jab first thing, then pick up DGD to allow mum and dad to go to a wedding.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Hope your doing OK. Nana.

Gagagran Sat 14-Oct-17 07:13:24

Morning Mick and everyone

It feels mild here on the south coast but there is a lot of cloud . We are supposed to have a mini-heatwave over the next day or so. We'll see if they have got that right.

I've promised to take DGD to the station this morning. She's off to London to see her cousins. They are very close and more like sisters, which is lovely. Might call in at a craft fair on my way back.

Hope there are hapy days in store for GNs sunshine

Greyduster Sat 14-Oct-17 07:23:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is not quite light here and it is I’m possible to tell what the weather in South Yorkshire is going to be like, but it is supposed to be dry. DS is coming down to lunch before football with DH and I have an afternoon to myself. The plumber is in today. I hope this will be the day my bathroom gets finished, finally. Fingers crossed, please!! Have a good day, folks.

NanKate Sat 14-Oct-17 07:48:57

Morning Mick and All.

Feels warm but a bit overcast in the Thames Valley.

Hope you managed to sleep Nana3 if you pop into this thread today. No doubt you have lots of arrangements to make.

Going to watch the tennis from Beijing at 9.30, how decadent ??

JaneD3 Sat 14-Oct-17 07:49:22

Good morning everyone! It looks like Kitty is having a lie in today! Leicester is bright, with some blue sky. Hope you all have good weekends.

cornergran Sat 14-Oct-17 07:58:11

Morning All. Mild and cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Volunteering today while Mr C decorates. Good to have a place of safety smile. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

whitewave Sat 14-Oct-17 08:02:26

Good morning all from the South Downs,

Mild and cloudy here. Just fed the birds-what an enormous amount they eat and they in turn seem to provide easy pickings for a sparrow hawksad ah well the wheel of life I guess.

Flu jabs this morning -hate it but suppose I must do my bit to try and not clog the poor old health system.

Chilli for supper

Pittcity Sat 14-Oct-17 08:10:26

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Warm again today.
DD1 and DGSs visiting so I'd better get dressed!

kittylester Sat 14-Oct-17 08:19:33

Morning all!

It is a lovely bright start in this bit of Leicestershire too, Jane.

I did have a lie in - I woke at 4, read for a bit and then slept until 7am.

Thinking about Nana3. flowers

And Harri - not sure whether it is your actual anniversary but I think you are celebrating today - so, congratulations on your Golden Anniversary. Have a wonderful day. wine

harrigran Sat 14-Oct-17 08:27:24

Goosd morning, dry but overcast and mild.
Golden anniversary today, thank you kitty. Family lunch for 16 at a restaurant and then champagne and cake at home.
Gardeners finished the landscaping so we are all neat and tidy.

Nana3 Sat 14-Oct-17 09:39:47

Good morning. It was a sleepless night for me and I could hear the rain, it's still cloudy here in Lancashire. I'm hoping for some sun though and a bit of a walk.
Thank you for all your messages today and yesterday they do help and are appreciated.
My best wishes to all you lovely Grans too flowers.
DGD is here this morning and it's pancakes as usual.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sat 14-Oct-17 09:46:47

Happy 50th to you and your DH, Harri. ? I hope you have a wonderful celebration!
You are in my thoughts, Nana3. A walk always helps, I think.

Mapleleaf Sat 14-Oct-17 10:04:24

Good morning,
It's fairly mild here in South Yorks, but the breeze seems to be picking up and there are some dark clouds welling up. Let's hope they disperse and the sun comes back (it made an appearance earlier).
Congratulations, Harri on your anniversary.
I hope you manage that walk, Nana3, it will do you good.

Nelliemoser Sat 14-Oct-17 10:04:46

Good Morning All the sun has come out. Not very high in the sky now but it is shining. Very mild indeed for the time of year.
I am going out to get my pelagoniums and a few other tender plants put to bed for winter.
Not that awful american term "winterising"!

NannyJan53 Sat 14-Oct-17 13:33:38

Late here, good afternoon everyone!

Very warm here, just sat outside in the garden eating lunch!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

flowers for Nana

Wishing Jane a good flight and holiday.