Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Oct-17 06:51:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but its dry in Brackley this morning, up early showered and raring to go.
Mick

Imperfect27 Sun 15-Oct-17 06:56:30

Good morning Mick and all. Curtains still closed here in N.Kent, but was a lovely day yesterday and hoping for more of the same today.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Greyduster Sun 15-Oct-17 07:13:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Still dark in South Yorkshire and we are off out shortly to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park to watch DD and her menfolk do a charity run and then we will have a mooch round the animals. Bit early for me at the moment - I wish I was still in bed. Have a good Sunday, folks.

Nana3 Sun 15-Oct-17 07:31:16

Good morning. Plenty of grey cloud in Lancashire. Impressive start to your day Mick. I am planning to go to Mum's church this morning, they are such lovely people and it will be good to talk about her.
Family coming for lunch and OH has everything under control, he loves cooking.
Have a good day everyone.

Gagagran Sun 15-Oct-17 07:41:46

Morning all!

Unseasonably mild here on the south coast with a full covering of grey cloud. Feels oppressive.

Quiet day planned here after a hectic week. DDil's Mum died on Thursday, which was DGD's 15th birthday. Sad to have your Gran's death on your birthday.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

cornergran Sun 15-Oct-17 07:50:12

Morning All. It's very mild although overcast in our corner of Somerset. A difficult week for your family gagagran. Wish I was raring to go mick, anything but. Really hope being at your Mums church helps nana3. Good luck to your running family greyd. A bit of plant moving here today. Once I can get motivated. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Lindastarshine Sun 15-Oct-17 08:01:54

Good morning only recently found Gransnet it's grey in Lincoln I'm thinking how I can keep busy today hope everyone has a good day

NanKate Sun 15-Oct-17 08:08:44

Morning Mick and All.

You sound in really good spirits Mick ? What a nice way to start Sunday.

My Mum died on my DH's birthday Gaga and although it affected our feelings for the first year we decided that we wouldn't let it spoil future birthdays and it didn't, let us hope it works that way for your DGD.

Misty in the Thames Valley today. I love the Autumn.

harrigran Sun 15-Oct-17 08:14:05

Good morning, it is mild and bright here in the north east. A quiet day is on the books after the busy day yesterday.

kittylester Sun 15-Oct-17 08:21:26

Morning all from North Leicestershire where is is a bit murky. I expect that it will brighten up.

Pilaf all ready doing its thing (I hope!) in the oven ready for DS1 who is coming to watch the local derby (against Derby) on TV and then will need feeding!

Marydoll Sun 15-Oct-17 08:48:56

Good morning all,

Really windy here, but it means the washing will be dry in no time.
Toddler granddaughter stayed last night, she is a delight. We made pancakes at 7am this morning. It took ages, as she wanted to help. I feel I have done a day's work already.
Have a good day all.

Pittcity Sun 15-Oct-17 08:52:17

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I am the complete opposite of Mick this morning and slept in.
Summer in October here. Need to walk to Aldi for Sunday roast supplies and get some washing on the line.

Scribbles Sun 15-Oct-17 11:30:18

Still grey in Lincolnshire and a little rain earlier. Today's batch of washing is in the tumble dryer; such a disappointment after the glorious day yesterday.
Just finishing my coffee then I'm off to the kitchen to make a batch of what we call "green soup" (the ingredients vary but it's always greensmile).

Mapleleaf Sun 15-Oct-17 15:02:19

Good afternoon.
It's turned into a beautiful warm day with lovely blue sky here in South Yorkshire. Hard to believe it is mid October. Been to a buffet for some friends celebrating their golden wedding anniversary today which was lovely. Hope u had a lovely time at the Yorkshire Wildlife park greyduster. I've been a few times and really enjoyed it.
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Kim19 Sun 15-Oct-17 15:04:01

Hello everyone! Grey here but windy enough for me to get a whole pile of newly laundered bedding dried. Joy indeed! Don't know if I have to start a new thread here (if only I knew how to!) but can anyone out there offer me any single Christmas cryptic clue that I could use in a prospective party quiz? Please?