Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(12 Posts)
harrigran Tue 17-Oct-17 08:54:03

Good morning from a sunny and windy north east. Slept through the wind because I wore ear plugs.
Yesterday will be remembered for the orange sky and we had to have every light on all day. DD was on an afternoon flight but it was delayed.

Marydoll Tue 17-Oct-17 08:50:40

Good morning all,
I must be living in a micro climate here. It's wild wet and windy.
We have had DGD o five consecutive days and one sleepover, I'm exhausted. Much as I love her, it's good to get a day off.
I'm putting my house back in order, catching up on admin and doing some baking.
The wind is a great excuse to stay in.
Nana, hope all goes well with the arrangements.

Mapleleaf Tue 17-Oct-17 08:36:28

Good morning,
It's a bright and breezy morning here, but not as windy as through the night. Everything looks to be still where it should be, though. The sky did take on an eerie hue yesterday, didn't it, but it's all blown away now.
Hugs to you, Nana3 ?

Pittcity Tue 17-Oct-17 08:28:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. All yesterday's sand and smoke have blown away and we have a clear blue sky. No sign of wind or rain yet and a lot cooler.
DD2 and DGS2 here for the day, so it's off to the park later as he's a 2 year old with boundless energy.

Nana3 Tue 17-Oct-17 07:41:13

Good morning, it's still looking a bit windy in Lancashire. I should be doing a walking treasure hunt with WI but I'm not going as the vicar is coming to talk funeral arrangements. Almost there now.
Good luck with the spare room Greyduster if it's anything like mine it will take forever.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Tue 17-Oct-17 07:38:35

Morning all

Calm and clearer today after yesterday which got dark at 2.30 and never got light again. Weird!

So gardening today. Yesterday cut back a climbing rose which is really too big for its position. I think I have to make a decision as to whether to keep it. I hate killing any plant though. Today it is time to cut back the bamboo which is in the little wooded area, that always tries to grab more space than is fair. Then must sort out all the pots. Bulbs to go in etc.

John Dory with lemon and mushrooms for supper.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Imperfect27 Tue 17-Oct-17 07:33:30

Good morning all, quiet and mild here. Looking forward to walking a new doggy acquaintance this a.m. and an afternoon of pottering, Here' s to a GOOD day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 17-Oct-17 07:29:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is calm and clear in South Yorkshire after a bit of a wild night. At quarter to seven there was a lovely view of Venus and the sickle moon in the lightening sky. If I could have been bothered to get the binoculars out I’m sure Mars would have been there too.
Spare bedroom sorting today and some shopping. Have a good day folks.

Tea and cake Tue 17-Oct-17 07:17:38

Good morning everyone

Still windy here, it was pretty wild overnight, but it's dry and not cold.

I forgot to say. Cilla the Musical was very good. The girl playing Cilla had a wonderful voice. I wish I could go again!

Have to go buy some face paint for Halloween - don't ask...

Have a good day everybody

kittylester Tue 17-Oct-17 07:13:45

Morning Mick, nina, everyone.

It's quite still and calm in North Leicestershire but I'm not sure what we have in store.

We have had Bertie and Persie overnight and are collecting DGS1 from Derby as he was sick at school yesterday. I'm thinking of opening a creche! grin

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone! sunshine

ninathenana Tue 17-Oct-17 07:09:08

Morning Mick and everyone.

Just getting light here in Kent. The wind has dropped and it's still mild.
H had to water the pots in the garden yesterday as they are still flowering and I can't remember when it last rained.
Tesco this morning. Have a good day everyone.

12Michael Tue 17-Oct-17 06:52:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry and less windy at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Mick