Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Thu 19-Oct-17 06:57:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Sill dark but it has been raining here in Brackley but hopefully will be a decent day.
Mick

Tea and cake Thu 19-Oct-17 06:58:53

Good morning Mick and everyone else.

Same here but there is supposed to be another storm coming at the weekend. More trees down!

Enjoy your day everybody.

kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 07:00:35

Morning Mick, morning all!

It is still dark in North Leicestershire but the forecast includes fog! shock

Not a lot planned today except Sainsbury's and somepottering!

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.sunshine

kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 07:01:16

Morning T&C!

Tea and cake Thu 19-Oct-17 07:04:37

Morning Kittylester. I nearly beat Mick to it this morning but had to make a cup of tea!

kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 07:07:23

That would confuse us for the rest of the day!!confusedconfusedgrin

Nana3 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:07:51

Good morning. Dawn is breaking in Lancashire, lovely sky, dry and calm so far. Sleepless night for me but at least I can stay in bed for a bit and try and doze.
Have a good day everyone

ninathenana Thu 19-Oct-17 07:10:13

Morning everyone

Up since 6 am and waiting for Mick next I know there's 5 posts smile
Half light in Kent, it's dry but showers forecast.
Friends for a cuppa this afternoon so this morning I'd best do some housework.

Imperfect27 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:13:48

Good morning all. Taking a while to wake up today. My new job starts with a morning walk with a beautiful Jack Russell - there are worse ways to start a day smile.

First time I have worked over 30 hours in a week for several months - feeling it, but not in a bad way!

Here's to dodging showers and finding the sun at some point. x

NfkDumpling Thu 19-Oct-17 07:30:30

Morning All

A still, misty, moisty autumn morning here.

The caravan has it's winterizing stuff sprayed on (theoretically it should stop it getting too mucky) and we intend to move it back to it's winter quarters today. And DH has to repair one of the planters in the Market Square, so hopefully it won't rain.

I don't like the sound of the forecast for the weekend!

Marydoll Thu 19-Oct-17 07:51:20

Good morning all,

Dry for the moment, thank goodness.
No childminding today, but up early to go and get bloods done. May indulge in a little retail therapy in the M&S outlet afterwards.
Get together with friends tonight and I only have to cross the road to get there.smile
Nana, hope you get some rest. Imp, good luck with the new job.

Pittcity Thu 19-Oct-17 07:51:58

Good morning from misty Colchester. Damp and dismal.
Another coffee meet up in town this morning, it's lovely meeting lots of local ladies for the price of a cuppa.

cornergran Thu 19-Oct-17 07:57:49

Morning All. Damp and grey in our corner of Somerset. Heating on so must be chilly. Food shop and physio today then hosting a meeting, can't say I look forward to any of it hmm. Lots of driving this weekend so, no, not liking the look of Saturdays forecast. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Thu 19-Oct-17 08:09:44

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A wet one this morning in South Yorkshire, and set to be so all day. I am having a day out with DD. We are going to look at the new Ikea that has just opened here. DH will do the school run if we are not back in time. I thought it might be a good idea to go on public transport. I realised last night that, the time it will take us, from here, we could probably drive to the Nottingham branch and back!! Have a good day, folks.

harrigran Thu 19-Oct-17 08:14:32

Good morning, cool, calm and damp here.
Disturbed night with sore shoulder after physio and the worst indigestion I have had in years.

Gagagran Thu 19-Oct-17 08:15:48

Morning all! Very misty moisty here on the south coast and warm too.

Just back from the supermarket run. It gets quieter now the mornings are so dark - makes shopping so much easier. I don't cope well with crowded places.

We have to take DGS to his water polo this evening as it's parents evening for his sister and both parents want to go. I am conscious of how quickly the DGC are growing up. Hopefully not away from us!

Wishing happy days for all GNs sunshine

NannyJan53 Thu 19-Oct-17 08:28:28

Good Morning from a drizzly Black Country.

Holiday in Spain seem ages ago now sad.

Meeting a friend for coffee later, may do a bit of window shopping. smile

Have a great day everyone

Nelliemoser Thu 19-Oct-17 08:49:55

Good morning from Cheshire. Full cloud cover above but not as gloomy as it has been.
I have been slobbing about in my dressing gown for an hour and it's time to get moving.

Nelliemoser Thu 19-Oct-17 08:52:14

Greyduster. I fancy a trip to your new Ikea when I next visit the GCs

Mapleleaf Thu 19-Oct-17 09:58:05

Good morning,
It's grey and damp here and looks set for the day. Not a lot planned for today other than household chores, though hope to fit in a walk later.
Enjoy your day.