Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(20 Posts)
Pittcity Sat 21-Oct-17 11:04:02

I am home and all is good. Have posted on gastroscopy thread.

MawBroon Sat 21-Oct-17 10:35:02

More than a bit blustery here in N Bucks but if it brings the rest of the leaves down before the end of the grass cutting, no bad thing!
Hope Pittcity’s procedure has gone well and no nasty surprises.
My gastric problems subsided noticeably when I cut back on the arthritis meds. Now try to take as little as possible and never on an empty stomach.
Can’t win though, can you?

Mapleleaf Sat 21-Oct-17 10:14:30

Morning, everyone
Bright and breezy now in South Yorkshire but as Greyduster says, it is forecast to get damp later, and windier.
Not a lot planned today. Seeing friends later though, which is always nice. ?

Greyduster Sat 21-Oct-17 09:26:00

Hope it goes well, Pitt. I had one, it wasn’t too uncomfortable. ?

Nelliemoser Sat 21-Oct-17 08:25:25

Good morning all. It is getting windy here . But it's quite bright and no rain yet.

harrigran Sat 21-Oct-17 08:22:18

Good morning, overcast but dry and no wind.
Nothing planned for today unless GC have other ideas as I believe it is half term.

Pittcity Sat 21-Oct-17 08:16:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A beautiful autumnal morning and not a hint of Brian.
I have my gastroscopy this morning to find the cause of my heartburn.

Marydoll Sat 21-Oct-17 08:03:29

Good morning all.
Dark and grey here, but thankfully no wind. You are all up bright and early today.
I am going to take it easy today. I have terrible backache and eventually resorted to using the TENS machine late last night. My DH nearly electrocuted me, when he accidentally turned it up to the highest setting. shock.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Sat 21-Oct-17 07:46:39

It’s strawberry and poppyseed trifle.

I’ve made it during the summer for a family do but only half the ingredients that time. This time there are. 20 people so need the full ingredients.

It is absolutely luscious.

Nana3 Sat 21-Oct-17 07:42:20

Good morning. Brian hasn't come calling in Lancashire yet.
DGS stayed overnight, feeling so much love for him and from him. A friend has told me to rest this weekend before Mum's funeral on Monday so I will do that.
About to look up that recipe Whitewave I like Nigel Slater.
Hope you all have a good day.

kittylester Sat 21-Oct-17 07:40:51

Morning all!

It's raining but not too windy in North Leicestershire. Usual wander into the village for flowers and to pay the papers. Making brunch for DH and DS1 before they go to be disappointed again at the football and then some TV catch up for me.

Strictly with crispy, chilli chicken wings tonight!

NfkDumpling Sat 21-Oct-17 07:40:02

Morning All

Well, we actually nearly had a sunrise in Norfolk, but it's being squashed out by dark and pink edged fast moving clouds. Still a few patches of blue though. A very energetic sky.

I'm helping to plant out a few thousand purple crocus this morning. Planting for Polio with the Rotary lot. The local cubs are helping. I'll supervise and point me stick.

whitewave Sat 21-Oct-17 07:30:17

Good morning all

Autumn storms!! Think everything in the garden is tied down ok.

Making a Nigel Slater trifle and limed fruits salad with coconut yogurt for a neighbourhood get together this evening. Wine and jollities.

Keep safe all

Greyduster Sat 21-Oct-17 07:27:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Barely light in South Yorkshire, but it is dry and calm at the moment. I think rain is forecast later. DS and DiL are coming for lunch today. He will go to the footie with his dad - not sure what we girls will do. Could open a bottle of red and get blotto I suppose.... only joking ?! Have a good day, folks!

Imperfect27 Sat 21-Oct-17 07:23:43

Morning all, just coming round from a broken sleep. A mix of work and play ahead of me today.

Hope the M.O.T. is relatively painless nina and yes, I hope Saturday is 'kind' to everyone.

ninathenana Sat 21-Oct-17 07:19:58

Morning everyone.

Raining in Kent and that's how it's expected to stay but the wind has died although it wasn't too bad at all.
Car is going for MOT today. Fingers crossed for no nasty surprizes.

cornergran Sat 21-Oct-17 06:55:59

Morning gaga.

cornergran Sat 21-Oct-17 06:54:35

Morning Mick, morning All. Definitely windy in our corner of Somerset, still dark but seems dry. Been awake since 4, feel OK now but guess it will catch up later, bit of driving to do so that will keep me awake. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone, be careful if your area is impacted by storms.

Gagagran Sat 21-Oct-17 06:52:28

Morning Mick and all GNs

We didn't see Brian during the night but he could be around later today. Or he could have gone further north from us here on the south coast. A day at home planned anyway so it doesn't affect us really.

Have a good day folks! sunshine

12Michael Sat 21-Oct-17 06:46:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its also windy but not strong also wet here in Brackley.
Mick