Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(20 Posts)
Gagagran Sun 22-Oct-17 09:45:17

Morning Mick kitty and everyone! The sun is shining and the sky is blue here on the south coast after a "Brian" day yesterday with strong winds and heavy rain showers.

We are going for a Sunday roast at a nice pub with DD today. Her other half is taking their two teenagers to Bath for a cultural couple of half term days. It will be fun and they will learn something I am sure. We are really looking forward to having DD to ourselves for once and the chance for a good catch up chat!

Happy Sundays everybody! sunshine

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Oct-17 09:36:40

Good morning all,
Very windy and grey today.
Sorry to hear about your car*Nana3*. What a nuisance. At least you are safe, which is the important thing.
Not a lot planned for today.
Hope your Sunday is a good one.

kittylester Sun 22-Oct-17 09:12:46

Morning all!

It's still windy and showery in North Leicestershire. I really should do some gardening today and cook roast beef!

Sorry about your car Nana3. Just what you need! sad

Tippy22 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:08:30

Lovely blue skies after yesterday's torrential rain interspersed with sun here in East Sussex. Hoping for a quiet day after a hectic week and two days running after a 2 year old but the sound of my DH cough makes me think I'll be looking after him. Enjoy your day everyone.

Anniebach Sun 22-Oct-17 09:01:31

Good morning all. No idea if it's raining, still in bed

Greyduster Sun 22-Oct-17 08:35:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is dry in South Yorkshire now, but cold and windy. We are watching GS play football this morning. It is local and we thought we would walk from here but I am on the verge of changing my mind! Must dig out hats and gloves today!! Then a roast dinner this afternoon. Sorry to hear about your car nana3. Bloomin’ storms! Have a good Sunday folks

harrigran Sun 22-Oct-17 08:27:43

Good morning, grey, damp and windy. Slept with ear plugs in which was a good idea considering the strength of the wind.
Take care if you are out and about.

Pittcity Sun 22-Oct-17 08:24:58

Good morning from a bright and breezy Colchester. No sign of Brian here.
Walking to Aldi to buy a Sunday joint, cooking and eating it are our only plans for today.

NfkDumpling Sun 22-Oct-17 08:16:34

Morning All

Oh dear Nana3, I do hope your car window can be sorted quickly.

It's still windy in north Norfolk with scudding grey clouds, but dry.

Despite the forecast, it stayed dry all yesterday with blue skies and bright sunshine. Washing hung out, dried and ironed in two hours! It should be raining now, so fingers crossed they've got it wrong again and I can get some gardening done.

cornergran Sun 22-Oct-17 08:07:04

Morning All. Much calmer this morning and a blue sky. Wow. NT visit today and a roast, looking forward to it. Sorry about your car nana3, not what you need. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Imperfect27 Sun 22-Oct-17 07:38:56

Nan3 sorry to hear about your car damage, what a nuisance!

ginny Sun 22-Oct-17 07:38:29

Good morning.
Breezy and damp here in north Bucks.
Dog walking and coffee with Dd2 this morning.
Hopefully finishing a quilt for DGS this afternoon.
Have a good Sunday all.

12Michael Sun 22-Oct-17 07:38:00

now its daylight , its dry but windy, yesterday I went to west midlands by rail to Acocks Green , rail journey wise it was not to bad yesterday , but it was still blustery.
Mick

NanKate Sun 22-Oct-17 07:35:22

Morning Mick and All.

Sorry to hear about the car damage Nana3

Dry and calm in Thames Valley.

Just back from a very hectic week looking after our 6 and 4 year old GSs. Lots of fun, a few arguments to diffuse, constantly on the go. We had hoped to sleep on a little today back home but we both snapped awake at 6.50 as if we were back with the boys.

Have a good day folks.

Imperfect27 Sun 22-Oct-17 07:26:57

Morning Marydoll smile.

Nana3 Sun 22-Oct-17 07:19:10

Good morning. Storm Brian has caused damage to my car I heard a big noise and a roof slate has gone though a window. Back in bed with a cup of tea now, can't do anything till it gets light.
Hope you all have a better day.

Marydoll Sun 22-Oct-17 07:06:48

Morning Imp, I thought I was first!

Marydoll Sun 22-Oct-17 07:06:16

Good morning Mick,
Cold, wet and windy here this morning. Busy morning, but hopefully a chance to relax this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

Imperfect27 Sun 22-Oct-17 07:05:31

Dear Mick and all, good morning. I haven't opened the curtains yet, here in N.Kent. Hoping for some more sunshine - saw rainbows yesterday between the showers.

A quiet day ahead for me which is very much welcome. I hope it is a restful day for all GNs who need it to be!

12Michael Sun 22-Oct-17 06:49:40

Good Morning everyone,
Its a dry start after wind and rain yesterday but still twilight here in Brackley this morning.
Mick