Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 25-Oct-17 06:47:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks dry here in Brackley , anyway Son of a Preacher Man , was a very slow starter getting into the story etc.
Its like most shows where some of the actors are also musicians.
mick

MawBroon Wed 25-Oct-17 06:50:25

Good morning mick pitch black here too!
Sounds like qualified praise? Hope you enjoyed it though.

kittylester Wed 25-Oct-17 06:57:01

Morning Mick, morning all.

No idea what the weather is like but the rain woke me in the night.

Sounds as though the show wasn't the best you've seen, Mick.

We are meeting a couple of friends for lunch at a local Michelin starred restaurant based on a farm where they produce a lot of the ingredients. Hope it's good!! I'll report back.

Enjoy your Wednesdays all. sunshine

kittylester Wed 25-Oct-17 06:57:33

Morning Maw!

NanKate Wed 25-Oct-17 07:06:21

Morning Mick Maw Kitty.

Keep us up to speed Mick with any other shows you go to see, it's helpful to get a recommendation or not as the case maybe.

Have a lovely lunch Kitty we went to a similar farm type restaurant at Battlefield near Shreswbury, it was fab, however it wasn't a Michelin starred one. Let us know what it is like.

Dark and damp in Thames Valley.

Tea and cake Wed 25-Oct-17 07:12:38

Good morning everybody

Thanks for the review Mick, may give it a miss.

Very mild here, we were supposed to have torrential rain yesterday but it never happened. Perhaps today as I'm going out!

Have a good day everyone

loopyloo Wed 25-Oct-17 07:21:09

Today am taking DD and DGC for a bike ride round the local Crematorium. Apparently there is a lot of open land there where this is possible.
Have a good day, Mick, and everyone else.

MawBroon Wed 25-Oct-17 07:32:09

Loopyloo I must admit to raising a eyebrow hmm

Gagagran Wed 25-Oct-17 07:32:50

Morning all! Still dark and damp but mild here on the south coast.

Sounds like a Halloween ride location loopy! Hope the DGC enjoy the outing. grin

Choir for me tonight and the rehearsing for the two December concerts continues apace.

Hope there are happy days in store for all GNs sunshine

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Oct-17 07:41:21

Good Morning all..

Thanks for the review Mick may give that one a miss then.

Today I have a Doctors appointment as I keep getting ear infections, which is not good as I wear hearing aids, and hurts to put them in! I never used to...started happening this past year.

Then my friend is taking me out to lunch in Malvern (belated birthday treat). May have a little walk on the hills weather permitting to walk the food off smile

Have a lovely day all.

NfkDumpling Wed 25-Oct-17 07:45:39

Morning All

Just getting light here in Norfolk and it looks quite breezy still with heavy grey clouds speeding over. Off to meet and greet for the acting group at the Stately Pile today. Lots of standing and wandering around outside dressed as a maid so I hope the forecast is right and it's warm, sunny spells and it stays dry. The weather gods seem to be conspiring against the forecasters at the moment.

Pittcity Wed 25-Oct-17 07:51:57

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Still warm and humid.
Regular Wednesday coffee meet up followed by lunch and shopping with DH.

12Michael Wed 25-Oct-17 07:59:09

The feeling on the coach trip I was on , was mixed .
Some expected a life story of Dusty, but the story is about 3 people from different backgrounds who go to visit a former record shop in Dean Street in Soho, it evolves being told through her songs , but its not quite Mama Mia
You even had the Dusty Springfield Transvestites in the Audience.
Mick

Marydoll Wed 25-Oct-17 08:10:44

Morning Mick and all.
Very dark and windy here.
Off to follow my DIL to the garage first thing, as a warning light has come on in her car and she will need a lift home. It's an unexpected opportunity to see my wee DGD.
I hope all those meeting friends today enjoy the company.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Wed 25-Oct-17 08:15:43

Good morning, Michael, and all GNs. Well, Mick, at least it was a day out - it down to experience! ? A dry and hopefully bright day in prospect in South Yorkshire. We are taking DD out for lunch in the Peak District and a bit of a walk today. It will do all of us good, I think. Have a good day, folks!

Nelliemoser Wed 25-Oct-17 08:34:03

Good Morning All. Clear and bright here.
I am still feeling I have a bit of a bug headachy and such .
I must get out to the garden.

ginny Wed 25-Oct-17 08:39:58

Good morning all from a fairly bright North Bucks.
Monthly sewing group today .
DGS coming to stay overnight and tomorrow as DD has to be at the hospital early in the morning for some tests.

Tippy22 Wed 25-Oct-17 08:42:47

Grey and damp here in East Sussex but the forecast is good. DH birthday today so we're having dinner at a local "posh" restaurant that has wonderful food and really friendly staff, sometimes these places can be a bit intimidating. Enjoy your day everyone.

TheReadingRoom Wed 25-Oct-17 08:47:17

Morning one and all from Mid wales - after a damp night we have SUNSHINE!

It's the Tesco shop for my elderly father this morning so can't stay chatting smile

Have all a good day.

Greyduster Wed 25-Oct-17 08:57:30

Nellie hope you feel better soon ?
Welcome ReadingRoom!

Mapleleaf Wed 25-Oct-17 08:59:00

Morning everyone,
It's still dry in South Yorkshire at the moment, with occasional spells of sun, but it looks very cloudy at the moment and looks as if it might rain.
Sorry the show didn't turn out quite as you'd hoped Mick.
Off later to help with the flowers in church - never done it before, so I hope I learn some tips!
Enjoy your day.