Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Thu 26-Oct-17 06:50:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , but looking dry outside this morning in Brackley.
Mick

cornergran Thu 26-Oct-17 07:02:14

Morning Mick, Morning All. So very dark in our corner of Somerset, can't se rain which has to be good. Ironing and physio today then a flying visit from family. Know which one I will prefer. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Thu 26-Oct-17 07:14:17

Morning Mick, morning corner morning all.

Still dark in North Leicestershire but I don't think it's going to rain. Out for lunch with a friend today. Our lunch yesterday was fabulous if expensive!! We bumped into an ex neighbour too which was lovely.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone! sunshine

Greyduster Thu 26-Oct-17 07:15:30

Good morning, Michael, and Corner. It is dark in South Yorkshire, but I think it is set to be dry today, if not sunny. We had a lovely walk yesterday but I think Himself overdid it and was not feeling well when we got home. I hope he’s better today. Housework and hairdressers for me today. Have a good one folks.

Greyduster Thu 26-Oct-17 07:15:49

Morning, kitty!

Tea and cake Thu 26-Oct-17 07:16:20

Good morning everyone on already and to follow.

Still mild, dry so far on West Midlands. And still pitch black.

Supposed to be meeting a friend for coffee who is coming back from holiday today, waiting for the text cancelling!

Have a good day everyone.

ginny Thu 26-Oct-17 07:28:38

Morning all.
Dry and dull in North Bucks.
DGS not up yet but yet but he had a restless night. Bit of local shopping to do and then a trip to the park.

millymouge Thu 26-Oct-17 07:38:14

Good morning, still very dark here in Essex. Dry but dull. After walking the dogs off to a lovely garden centre for some things and will also visit their restaurant. They do some lovely home made scones!!
Enjoy your day.

ninathenana Thu 26-Oct-17 07:42:24

Morning everyone

Misty over the marshes here in Kent. Yesterday was a lovely sunny, mild day. Meeting a friend for coffee this morning.
Enjoy your days.

Pittcity Thu 26-Oct-17 07:43:45

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Dry but not going to be as warm as yesterday. We sat outside for our meetup.
Going to weekly Thursday meetup this morning in town.

Greyduster Thu 26-Oct-17 07:49:30

I have just looked up from my iPad and there is the most glorious sunrise, but what do they say about ‘red sky in the morning’?

Marydoll Thu 26-Oct-17 08:04:02

Good morning all, dry here.
We haveDGD to day, desperate to see her as she had a bump on the head a few days ago and wasn't usual chirpy self yesterday. All being well, will hopefully get out for a few hours.
I hope everyone has a good day.

whitewave Thu 26-Oct-17 08:05:01

Morning from the South Downs

Misty and murky. Yesterday it turned out really warm and sunny after the same start so I live in hope for today.

Packing for a late autumn holiday from tomorrow. Dog will get excited when he sees the suitcase. Amazing how they know isn’t it?

Desperately trying to get LiverpoolvBrighton football tickets for GSs Birthday -he is 13 tomorrow. Need a small mortgage to buy them. What ridiculous prices. Mind you I think nothing of buying a theatre ticket so I’m almost certainly biased grin

Enjoy your day one and all.

Smoked haddock lasagne for supper

Gagagran Thu 26-Oct-17 08:05:54

Morning MIck, kitty and all! Very moist (hate that word!) out. Lots of puddles and dripping trees and very mild.

The supermarket was quiet apart from loads of on-line order pickers with their 4x4 trollies. Why can't they pick the orders in the store room. They stop and chat with each other too so block the aisles. Grrr!

Hope there are happy days for all GNs sunshine

Nana3 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:14:11

Good morning Mick and everyone. Yesterday was sunny, but cloudy at the moment in Lancashire.
Spent a busy, happy day with DGD's and slept a bit longer this morning.
Going to lunch with WI friends, all good distractions.
Have a good holiday whitewave, the South Downs would be an ideal holiday for me.
Hope your DGD is well Marydoll.
Tea and cake hope your friend doesn't cancel, I'll save you a place with us smile.
Have a happy day everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:24:55

Good Morning everyone.

What a gorgeous day yesterday! A friend and I drove over to Malvern, had lunch in the 'Kettle Sings' cafe, then a lovely walk over the hills, it was so warm didn't need a coat!

It's fairly grey and dull here in The Black Country, at the moment. I am meeting up with Mum (87 and very active still) for a shopping trip. Then take her back home and probably have a meal out over there.

Have a good day all, hope your friend doesn't cancel Tea and Cake

Mapleleaf Thu 26-Oct-17 10:29:07

Good morning everyone.
It's grey and dull here at the moment and forecast to rain this afternoon. I missed the lovely sunrise and red sky this morning greyduster, but you're right about that saying!
A few chores to do today and a walk before the rain comes, I hope.?