Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(17 Posts)
MawBroon Fri 27-Oct-17 09:17:58

One idea for a gift card/voucher I employed recently when I had failed spectacularly (all summer) to find a single item in N*XT to spend a £20 gift card on, was to cut off the message leaving 90% of the backing plus the card and offer it as a raffle prize for Hattie’s greyhound rehoming kennels for a recent function they had.

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Oct-17 09:16:48

Good morning all,
It's a beautiful day here in South Yorkshire as Greyduster has said. It's a lot cooler than previous days though, and the heating came on this morning.
Enjoy your mystery trips mick and Nana3. I think looking for a holiday is a good idea Nana3, I know what you mean about the structure, and it takes a while to adjust. Take care of yourself.
It's true about vouchers NannyJan53. I've just spent half my birthday vouchers from September, but still got one left. Trouble is, they have a shelf life of about 2 years if unused, so I mustn't put the other one away and forget all about it!
Hope you all enjoy Friday. ?

Marydoll Fri 27-Oct-17 08:45:15

Good morning all, beautiful sunrise here, but DD phoned to tell me it is very cold outside and to wrap up well.
Made some bread early on (well I put it in the breadmaker)
Off out for a little shopping and then to see DGD. She was very unwell yesterday with high temp, when we had her.
I just want to reassure myself that she is on the mend.
Nana, I hope you find a holiday.
Enjoy your Friday everyone.

Greyduster Fri 27-Oct-17 08:10:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope you enjoy your trip Mick! I’ve never been on a mystery tour (well, not an intentional one anyway!hmm). The sun is up in South Yorkshire and it’s going to be a fine day but cold. I have a GP appointment this morning. Enjoy your day, folks.

NfkDumpling Fri 27-Oct-17 07:55:08

Morning All

A fantastic sunset here last evening and I'm now sitting watching an incredible evolving sunrise. A stiff northerly breeze too, I think it might be a bit chilly outside, and I'd planned a garden tidying day. DH is off up the road to a picture auction with a couple of possible buys. Having an auction house so near means a lot of temptations.

Pittcity Fri 27-Oct-17 07:44:47

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. A sunny day forecast here.
Into London for DHs pension fund AGM. They have interesting stalls and free refreshments. Back to Colchester this evening to see comedian Andy Parsons.
I have part of a gift card from last Christmas still to spend!

Gagagran Fri 27-Oct-17 07:36:30

Morning all! Lovely clear sky as the sun comes up here on the south coast. We are promised a lovely day but it does feel much cooler.

I know what you mean about spending vouchers NannyJan. I always seem to end up buying something - anything- just to use them!

Hope there are happy days in store for all GNs. sunshine

NannyJan53 Fri 27-Oct-17 07:27:57

Good Morning everyone.

Busy day today, I am looking after two grandkids and a puppy, whilst daughter pampers herself on a Spa day! Mum being retired is being made well advantage of smile

Spent yesterday at Merry Hill with Mum, why is it so difficult to spend £50 in vouchers? I have had these since May! Finally bought a new top, still have £25 left.

Enjoy your trip Mick, look forward to hearing where you went.

Have a lovely day all

ninathenana Fri 27-Oct-17 07:27:19

Morning all.
To dark to tell what the weather will be like. Blood test this morning then shopping.
D is 30 today, it's the old story where did those years go ?

Nana3 Fri 27-Oct-17 07:20:40

Thank you kitty I'm trying to keep busy. So much time was spent on visits to mum, my life was structured around it. I've been looking on line for a holiday.

MawBroon Fri 27-Oct-17 07:19:38

Good morning all.
If this was summer it wouldn’t feel nearly as early as it seems.
Too dark to establish what the weather is doing but it is dry.
Your “mystery” night away Mick reminds me of the bus daytrips of my childhood - every weekend throughout the summer there would be well supported Day trips run by the local bus company and the destination would of course be on the front of the bus “Edinburgh”, “North Berwick”, “Spittal”, and of course “Mystery”. Happy days!

Tea and cake Fri 27-Oct-17 07:18:49

Where are you MesMopTop ?

Tea and cake Fri 27-Oct-17 07:17:21

Good morning everybody

Cooler and dry. Not looking forward to the clocks going back at the weekend, hate the dark nights.

Going to look round the market today, I need a new overnight bag. Your trip sounds intriguing Mick...

Have a good day everyone

kittylester Fri 27-Oct-17 07:10:43

Morning all!

It's dark in North Leicestershire and I'm warm in bed. Butcher's and pootling and faffing today for me.

Enjoy your mystery trip, Mick

Hope you are doing OK, Nana3

Enjoy your days everyone!

MesMopTop Fri 27-Oct-17 07:07:11

Friday evening here. Sunny and hot so doing all the laundry that has stacked up! We've had a fair bit of rain and a storm or two last few days. Back to work tomorrow for just over a week so get it done while I can

Nana3 Fri 27-Oct-17 06:51:41

Good morning Mick and everyone. Good forecast for Lancashire today, will need a warm coat though.
I'm having a day out with friends.
A mystery trip, should be fun. Have a good Friday everyone.

12Michael Fri 27-Oct-17 06:45:25

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but is dry this morning in Brackley usual shop as I am off again tomorrow morning , on a mystery one night stopover .
Mick