Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(13 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Oct-17 06:54:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark, but looks dry out, up early small pack for a one nighter mystery trip.
Did I get the clues right?
If I had worked them out right it gave Weymouth.
Will tell Monday , but have to put clocks back before I go
Mick

Imperfect27 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:05:56

How exciting Mick. I think I would have tried to work it all out too instead of simply going!

I am off to Essex this a.m. to pester play with GS and have a lovely catch up with DD. Sainsbury's first to buy some croissants - we get together over breakfast to make a day of it as GS is always up early anyway.

Here's to a good day for all. xx

Gagagran Sat 28-Oct-17 07:08:54

Morning Mick - hope you have a lovely mystery trip! Morning to all GNs and hoping the day is a good one for all.

Very chilly here on the south coast when I got up at 5.30 but fingers crossed for a repeat of yesterday's lovely weather.

Am finally going to tackle the box of photos patiently waiting to be sorted. Been down memory lane a lot this week so want to look for certain people in the box!

ginny Sat 28-Oct-17 07:28:24

Good Morning.
Enjoy your trip Mick.
Still quite dark here but dry if chilly here in North Bucks.
Quiet day today. Think I might mix up the Christmas puds.

cornergran Sat 28-Oct-17 07:35:18

Morning All. Dark, chilly and dry in our corner of Somerset have a good trip mick, sounds like a fun day imp. Bus to the nearest city today to meet family. I love that bus journey, just have to sit upstairs and get a child like excitement. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone. Enjoy your day.

kittylester Sat 28-Oct-17 08:00:51

Morning all!

North Leicestershire is xcold but dry this morning!

A short walk into the village to buy flowers and pay the papers and then a panic run to the butcher's to buy pork as tomorrow's planned lunch at DD1's seems to have morphed into lunch here!confused

Enjoy your Saturdays all!sunshine

Pittcity Sat 28-Oct-17 08:08:20

Good morning from a grey but brightening Colchester. Chilly this morning, heating on!
Household chores and shopping today with an optician appointment late afternoon.

Greyduster Sat 28-Oct-17 08:09:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cold and grey in South Yorkshire. Hope the weather is better for your trip Mick! We are off into the Peak District this morning to meet an old friend who is staying there. Haven’t seen each other for years. I’m very excited! Then, on the way home, we will call in on the Ten Artists exhibition which another friend helps to organise for the Samaritans. Have a good day, folks!

Marydoll Sat 28-Oct-17 08:37:22

Good morning everyone, it is incredibly windy here, so I've just stripped the bed. Bedding should be dry in no time at all.
I hope you enjoy your trip Mick.
Everyone seems to have such a busy day, enjoy.

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Oct-17 09:24:11

Good morning,
Like you, Marydoll, it's windy here in South Yorkshire, but nowhere near as wild as the other week. It's grey and cloudy, too, but at the moment the sun is trying to peep through. It's not going to be as nice as yesterday.
Hope you enjoy your mystery trip Mick. I wonder if you worked it out correctly??
Have a good time meeting your friend greyduster. It's always lovely to meet up with friends you've not seen for a long time.
Have a nice Saturday, everyone.

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Oct-17 10:24:33

Good Morning All . I am a bit late this morning.
The rhubarb and ginger jam I prepared yesterday has just been boiled and bottled and cooling.

No rhubarb left in the freezer to cook with now. The jam choice is gooseberry, damson, and rhubarb and ginger.
OH is going to have to go easy on it.
Seville oranges should be in about in mid January.

I have this feeling that in a box, in a dark corner, somewhere around the house is some chutney. I am sure I have not used it.
Am I addicted to making preserves. Is there any hope for a cure? grin

hildajenniJ Sat 28-Oct-17 10:25:53

Good morning all.
Damp and very grey in the Tyne Valley, quite windy too. Yesterday was lovely and sunny. Why are two days never the same? DD won VIP tickets to Hexham Spookfest tonight, so very excited grandchildren! They have their costumes all ready, a plague doctor, a robot, a Frankenstein monster and a vampire, ooer!

Nelliemoser Sat 28-Oct-17 10:35:20

Missing preserves located I was pretty sure I had some.