Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Oct-17 06:40:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear twilight sky this morning in Brackley.
Anyway the mystery weekend ended up being Weymouth, I was one of 4 passengers to get the cryptic clues right and destination, although on looking at them I had got all but one right but right location, we had about 2 hours in Swanage on the way back, scheduled return time home delays on A34 etc with crashes on a Sunday.
Mick

Gagagran Mon 30-Oct-17 06:50:22

Morning Mick - hope you enjoyed Weymouth. It's a cold, clear start here on the south coast. Think it will be a nice day once it warms up a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day. sunshine

Nana3 Mon 30-Oct-17 06:52:19

Good morning Mick and everyone. Cloudless sky and beautiful sunrise in Lancashire. Never been to Weymouth or Swanage, how was it?
WI walk for me this morning, will be wearing my thermals.
Hope the day is kind to everyone.

Tea and cake Mon 30-Oct-17 06:53:46

Good morning everyone.

Hope you enjoyed your trip Mick.

Cold and frosty here. There will be a lot of scraping of windscreen soon. Sky is pink...

Have a good day everybody.

Marydoll Mon 30-Oct-17 07:08:44

Good morning all.
Glad you had a good trip, Mick.
Beautiful pink sky here. Off to playgroup on my own for the first time with DGD. That should be interesting. smile
Enjoy your everyone.

kittylester Mon 30-Oct-17 07:09:44

Morning all! Lovely to see you back Mick - it's really discombobulating when you don't start the 'good Morning' thread. Hope you had a good time.

Very cold but clear in North Leicestershire and we have a couple of grandchildren here. DH is taking them to the National Space Centre as I am volunteering this afternoon.

Enjoy your Mondays everyone. sunshine

cornergran Mon 30-Oct-17 07:11:14

Morning All. Sounds a good weekend, Mick, I know both places well, last there three years ago, doubt it’s changed much. Bright and chilly start in our corner of Somerset. Decorating today for Mr C, flipping filing for me. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Mon 30-Oct-17 07:14:06

Morning Mick and All.

I particularly like Swanage. Had lovely fish and chips in Weymouth this year. Glad you got safely home Mick after hold ups.

A walk on a crisp cold day will be lovely Nana3

Off to Keep Fit, all the less mobile do the lying down exercises on chairs. I am rapidly moving to that mode as I find getting up and down off the floor tricky ?

NanKate Mon 30-Oct-17 07:15:44

Morning Kitty glad you are no longer discombobulated ?

ninathenana Mon 30-Oct-17 07:22:31

Morning everyone.

Clear sky and breezy in Kent.
We're all of to see Ragnarok this afternoon. I like a bit of comic book fantasy.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Mon 30-Oct-17 07:48:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Just how I like it, cold and bright.
Walking Netball this morning.

ginny Mon 30-Oct-17 07:49:59

Good morning.

Frosty but bright start in North Bucks.
Glad you had a good trip Mick and well done for getting the clues.
Visitors this morning and a trip to Costco later. Baby sitting this evening

Greyduster Mon 30-Oct-17 07:58:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Nice to have you back, Mick and glad you enjoyed your trip to Weymouth. We went there some years ago and had a nice day. Never been to Swanage though. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire today but it is cold. I expect we shall get out at some point but I have laundry to do first. Have a good day, folks.

MawBroon Mon 30-Oct-17 08:05:08

Good morning! Quite a nip in the air here in N Bucks but beautifully sunny so it had better be a traditional Monday washing day!
Weymouth sounds a good place got a mystery weekend, but isn’t the number of accidents/hold ups on the roads these days depressing?
When I taught in London, driving from our flat in Richmond round to Plumstead a colleague had a theory that the “extra hour”of darkness from putting the clocks back increased the number of early evening accidents many many fold. Certainly there is some appalling driving out there and there are far too many of them

Newquay Mon 30-Oct-17 08:28:17

Morning all-cold and frosty here in Staffs. Forecast for a good day which it was yesterday too so did load of washing which, of course, now all needs ironing! Keep fit at 11am. We all laugh about getting up and down from floor. DGC back to school today although DGS has earache-again, poor boy-so might be home. Choir tonight.

harrigran Mon 30-Oct-17 08:40:20

Good morning, clear and very cool this morning at just 1 degree.
GD1 has an inset day and stayed over last night, she has brought her homework and her musical instument.

Tippy22 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:50:48

Beautiful sunny but very chilly start today here in East Sussex. Hairdressers this morning and hopefully a long walk this afternoon. Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 30-Oct-17 09:18:50

Good morning everyone.
Hope you had a nice trip mick.
Bright but cold here this morning. Going to coffee group later then back to some chores.
Enjoy Monday.

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:47:06

Good morning everyone.

Just back from the gym, walked there and it was rather icy!

Going to carry on with decorating spare bedroom, but have a dentist appointment at midday sad

Then pop to Mum's as she lives nearby.

Have a good day all