Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(14 Posts)
Mapleleaf Tue 31-Oct-17 10:24:44

Good morning everyone,
It's still grey and cold in South Yorkshire and very still.
Hoping to meet up with my friend later if she's free.
Enjoy your dinner tonight kitty. That's a super idea.
Hope today is a good one for you all.

Gagagran Tue 31-Oct-17 09:57:12

Morning all - bit late this morning due to a domestic problem we had to sort out! Nice to hear everyone's plans for the day and especially your dinner for your Dad's 100th birthday kitty. Lovely idea. wine to him.

It's calm and still here on the south coast but not really chilly so I am hoping my bedlinen will dry on the line. Might take all day but - hey ho! no matter.

Enjoy Halloween everyone - got your goodies ready or are you all hiding from the door-knockers tonight?

Marydoll Tue 31-Oct-17 08:53:46

Good morning all.
Wet and miserable here. We had a power cut during the night. All wide awake when power came back on at 3.30am as neighbours' burglar alarms all went crazy and some didn't stop!?
NfkDumpling Dual Sims are to allow you to have two phone numbers on the same phones I think and you can toggle between the two by the press of a button . My DH got two with his phone, but only one is active. Best to back to Carphone warehouse for advice.
Have a good day all. I'm waiting in for a plumber, not holding out much hope.

ginny Tue 31-Oct-17 08:32:52

Good morning.
Dull and drizzling in North Bucks.
Birthday cake to make today and hpefully someone will arrive to fix some electricts.

Tippy22 Tue 31-Oct-17 08:15:07

After a beautiful sunrise the sun has disappeared behind grey clouds here in East Sussex. I had planned to clean windows today but maybe something is telling me I won't be able to do the outside ones. What a shame! Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Tue 31-Oct-17 08:07:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and cold in South Yorkshire at the moment but it is dry. I had a bit of a dodgy night, but hoping to regain a bit of momentum later. Perhaps a walk today. Have a good day, folks.

cornergran Tue 31-Oct-17 08:01:44

Morning All. Lovely bright start in our corner of Somerset. Thoughtful plan kitty, hope all goes well. Dentist first thing, best get a wriggle on as parking there is a challenge. Then the hearing clinic for Mr C with even more parking challenges. Fun morning ahead. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Tue 31-Oct-17 07:41:29

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Still dry but cold. Will need to water garden pots again.
Hair cut in town but no other plans today,

Nana3 Tue 31-Oct-17 07:22:58

Good morning, grey in Lancashire hoping for better in Cumbria as DGD and I are doing a hill walk today. Boots, maps and packed lunch are ready.
Nfk never heard of needing 2 SIM cards before.
kitty your dinner is a very nice idea. wine to your father.
Have a good day everyone.

Tea and cake Tue 31-Oct-17 07:05:02

Good morning everybody

Cloudy here and milder than yesterday.

Nfk 2 simcards! How strange..

Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Tue 31-Oct-17 06:59:37

Morning *Mick, Nina, All

Very still in Norfolk too and grey with a pinky orange sunrise. I'm still jet-lagged from the clock change. DGS and his dog are still on old time too, so I've been up a while making Lego cars and trying to put off breakfast.

We bought a new phone from John Lewis for DH yesterday. Got a decent one intending it to be a pay as you go until my contract runs out next summer and I can take it over. Fallen at the first hurdle setting it up as it needs two SIM cards! Flummoxed! So I'll have to go into Carphone Warehouse today for help.

kittylester Tue 31-Oct-17 06:53:20

Morning Mick, morning Nina.

It is just getting light in North Leicestershire and is raining a little. It rained over night too.

Today would have been my father's 100th birthday so my brothers and sisters in law are coming for dinner.

Better get up and get going!

ninathenana Tue 31-Oct-17 06:41:21

Morning Mick and everyone

Grey clouds in Kent but very still. Tesco and farm shop today accompanied by H who has now finished his paid gardening jobs for the winter.
Have a good day all

12Michael Tue 31-Oct-17 06:30:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its dry this morning.
mick