Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Fri 03-Nov-17 06:47:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but its looking grey here in Brackley this morning, normal shop want to get Sheridan Smith CD today.
Mick

Marydoll Fri 03-Nov-17 07:04:15

Good morning Mick and everyone. Enjoy your CD, Mick. Have a good day all.

Tea and cake Fri 03-Nov-17 07:05:37

Good morning Mick and everyone

Cool and dry here. Grey but just about light

Need to do some gardening.

Have a good day everyone

MawBroon Fri 03-Nov-17 07:07:55

Good morning all. A bit fresh here in N Bucks.
Lovely pink sky in the East - shepherd’s warning?

kittylester Fri 03-Nov-17 07:08:28

Morning all!

It looking cloudy in North Leicestershire and the forecast for the weekend isn't good.

Rob Brydon's show was really good last night with barely a swear word to be heard.

Still thinking of Annie and sending love.

cornergran Fri 03-Nov-17 07:16:51

Morning All. Foggy start in our corner of Somerset, sun forecast for later. Should do a food shop but may just go out and enjoy the day. Difficult night again, probably not safe with a supermarket trolley. I’ve also been thinking of annie, so much love for her here. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

JaneD3 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:25:20

Morning all! Off to see if I can buy a whole octopus for a school event! Hmmm - not sure even I, who works small miracles grin , will pull that one off. Then baking for bonfire night. "Cloppert cake with icing please Nanny". Spot the boy who has just had grommets and still has lots of funny pronunciations.

Pittcity Fri 03-Nov-17 07:31:03

Good morning from misty Colchester. Another bright dry day forecast. No plans, so pottering and a walk.

NannyJan53 Fri 03-Nov-17 07:56:15

Good Morning all.

Big grey here at the moment. I have a Doctors Appoinment at 9, then off to gym, back home to finish decorating spare bedroom. Tonight I am taking 2 granddaughters to their School Firework party!

JaneD3 I am wondering why they need a whole Octopus? Will be interesting to see if you find one smile

Thinking of Annie too, and very much hoping she is finding comfort with her family.

Have a lovely Friday everyone

ninathenana Fri 03-Nov-17 07:59:20

Morning everyone.
A bright sunny day in Kent with "not a breath 'o wind"
That phrase always makes me smile. Mum would repeat it several times a visit in her latter days.
Weekly shop and coffee out this morning.

NfkDumpling Fri 03-Nov-17 08:05:15

Morning All

You've just stirred me to get up and open the curtains. A still grey day in Norfolk.

Hope you live near the coast where they fish for crabs JaneD3 then you may be lucky. I believe the odd small one sometimes invades lobster pots.

Art class this morning then off to Aylesbury to babysit DGDs for the weekend. DD1 and SiL1 are doing a mud run. The Wolf Run. If they do all four during the year, they get a medal! Then they're going out to celebrate.
They're 40 somethings for Pete's sake. They should know better!

Nelliemoser Fri 03-Nov-17 08:09:55

Good Morning all.
Overcast in Cheshire. Accuweather says "mainly cloudy."
Time to get dressed and to do the weekly shopping.

Nana3 Fri 03-Nov-17 08:18:07

Good morning, dry and looking fine in Lancashire.
Lunch with friends today.
Hope Annie feels our love for her at this sad time.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Fri 03-Nov-17 08:18:53

Morning all. Still and dry here in North Bucks.
Enjoyed my day yesterday, even braved the rapids !
Busy today, SW , a bit of shopping,prep for visitors tomorrow. Some baking and cleaning. Out to dinner, thank goodness.

Stansgran Fri 03-Nov-17 08:21:28

6degrees this morning and grey , overcast in Durham. Made a lovely leek and potato soup and a slow cooker casserole so no cooking today and I'm getting my hair done and meeting a friend.

Greyduster Fri 03-Nov-17 08:30:14

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Grey and cold but dry in South Yorkshire. Domestics today, so a pretty dull day. Hope you enjoy yours, folks.

Mapleleaf Fri 03-Nov-17 09:44:35

Good morning everyone,
Greyduster has the weather here spot on. Oh, I do wish the sun would shine, these grey days are grim!
Some chores to do in town later then back to some ironing. 😏
Hope today is a good one.

Miep1 Fri 03-Nov-17 11:09:54

Good morning everybody. It's still a bit foggy here in deepest Devon and I am trying to persuade my printer to print.
Tonight I am going to a pub quiz, where we shall probably come last; on the other hand, this time last week I was in hospital (again), so I'm looking on the bright side!

JaneD3 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:40:46

We live in the Midlands Nfk but success! Got two medium sized octopi on the fish market plus a crab, squid and even razor clams. I am invincible!! They are for dissection - it's going to be a smelly open day tomorrow grin.