Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(18 Posts)
Mapleleaf Sat 04-Nov-17 10:33:23

Good morning everyone
Grey and damp this morning, though the rain has stopped. It rained hard in the night.
Happy birthday Greyduster, hope you have a good day. flowers.
Hello, Annie, good to hear from you.

Greyduster Sat 04-Nov-17 09:07:13

Good morning, Annie ?.

Anniebach Sat 04-Nov-17 09:01:59

Good morning all x

Newquay Sat 04-Nov-17 09:00:02

Morning all. Raining here in Staffs. Pity for many bonfires and fireworks today.we were supposed to be joining DD1 and family-inc GDs 1 and 2 home from uni-at a nearby site for bonfire and fireworks tonight. We planned to sit in the comfort of their caravan but it seems we can only get permit for bonfire site instead so. . . . We'll stay home in warmth instead. Off to choir rehearsal this afty with English Touring Opera-get me!-in prep for concert in a couple of weeks. And last night our team came second in quiz!

Nana3 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:56:08

Many happy returns Greyduster flowers. Hope you enjoy your birthday.

annsixty Sat 04-Nov-17 08:52:15

Good morning from Stockport.
Happy Birthday Greyduster 21 again?
It is damp and very calm today, a day in "for a change"?.

harrigran Sat 04-Nov-17 08:18:21

Good morning, grey and damp here in the north east.
I think this may be a quiet weekend for us, family will probably be off to a firework display.

Greyduster Sat 04-Nov-17 08:07:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is wet, cold and grey in South Yorkshire and yes, many thanks, kitty and corner, it is my birthday, but I was not going to mention it!?. It is a match day today so DS will be down for lunch, so I’m looking forward to that. Have a happy day, folks.

Pittcity Sat 04-Nov-17 08:04:44

Good morning from a dull damp Colchester.
Walking into town with DH and DS to see Jessie Wallace and Paul Bradley in Deathtrap at our local theatre. Matinee performance followed by chippy tea!

cornergran Sat 04-Nov-17 08:01:49

Morning All. Been raining in our corner of Somerset. Dry now though. Food shop today as went for a wander yesterday instead of to the supermarket. I also think it’s greyd’s birthday today, so many birthday wishes. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone

Nana3 Sat 04-Nov-17 07:58:31

Good morning fom Lancashire, it's been raining in the night but looks fine now.
Family gathering this lunchtime.
Stay safe with fireworks loopyloo and everyone else this weekend.

ginny Sat 04-Nov-17 07:48:57

It’s raining , it’s pouring her in North Bucks. But I’ll still say good morning.

Family visiting today so dinner for 10 to prepare. Otherwise just relaxing with them.

Have a good Saturday.

Nelliemoser Sat 04-Nov-17 07:46:30

Good morning all. Very wet in Cheshire.
I am going to attempt making twix ice-cream from the twix bars I bought for Halloween but no one came. A good project for a wet Saturday.

ninathenana Sat 04-Nov-17 07:38:47

Morning all.
Very grey, damp and gloomy in Kent with rain forecast.
I think I know where your DH is going if your South coast Gagagran my brother did that for his 60th. Men and trains eh smile
Enjoy your days everyone.

loopyloo Sat 04-Nov-17 07:16:23

Good morning everyone, from East London. Dark and dreary. Off to buy some fireworks this morning as DD and family coming for tea tomorrow evening.
Lots to get ready in the garden, put the little lights in the trees etc.

Gagagran Sat 04-Nov-17 06:58:41

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's a bit dark to see what the weather might bring us here on the south coast. It was glorious yesterday - warm, still and mild. Folk were carrying their coats in the sunshine when I went out yesterday. Don't think today will be the same though.

DH has gone off early to have a day learning to drive a steam train. It was his birthday gift from DD and he was quite excited about it. I have a quiet day planned doing some music practice and more weeding of the wardrobe!

Hope there are good days in store for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Sat 04-Nov-17 06:56:56

Morning Mick, morning all.

We were rudely awakened by a lorry trying to get up a nearby drive to drop a skip. shock

It's pickling down in North Leicestershire and we have to go to town for flu jabs. Then back home to make brunch for DH and DS1 before they go to the football.

I will spend the afternoon catching up on missed TV before shoving bought pizzas in the oven in time for Strictly.

I think it might be Gd's birthday today - so very many happy returns to her. wine

12Michael Sat 04-Nov-17 06:42:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning , if its right should clear later.
Mick