Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Nov-17 06:49:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but dry and looks cold outside here in Brackley this morning.
Slow Cooker curry today using turkey pieces , spring onions and peas plus plenty of curry powder/paste and herbs
Mick

kittylester Sun 05-Nov-17 07:01:10

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's a bit murky this morning in North Leicestershire.

We are going to investigate a music system for dh today and I fancy a new jacket.

What time is dinner Mick?

cornergran Sun 05-Nov-17 07:17:12

Morning mick, kitty and all. Grey start in our corner of Somerset. It’s been raining, more forecast for later. Like the sound of your shopping trip kitty and your meal mick. Quietish day ahead here. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 05-Nov-17 07:27:15

A still autumn morning here in Aylesbury. DGDs are still asleep after a late night watching the local firework display. I suspect DD1 and DSiL1 aren’t up yet either - they stayed out with the rest of their mud run team last night. I hope they didn’t block the Travel Lodge drains!

harrigran Sun 05-Nov-17 07:38:11

Good morning, it is a very cold morning and the moon is still out. Still and calm now after a very noisy evening yesterday, I think every noisy firework in the town went off outside of my window.

Greyduster Sun 05-Nov-17 07:45:52

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Your curry would certainly hit the spot with me today Mick! Yum! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire but it is very cold. We have an early start for junior football this morning, so gloves, hats and a new scarf GS bought me for my birthday. Lunch out later. Have a good day, folks!

ninathenana Sun 05-Nov-17 07:48:37

Morning all.
A bright sunny Sunday in Kent. The forecast is good, I hope they're right I've two loads of laundry to dry.
A day of pottering for me, enjoy whatever your doing.

Pittcity Sun 05-Nov-17 07:52:56

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Very cold with a clear blue sky.
Loads of laundry here too followed by a Roast beef dinner.

Marydoll Sun 05-Nov-17 08:10:19

Beautiful morning here in Glasgow. Cold, but very pleasant. and I noticed a slight frost on the cars when I got up earlier.
After a busy week, hoping to have a quiet day, that is after doing the laundry, making steak pie, baking etc.
Have a pleasant Sunday. Enjoy your curry, Mick. I hope you find a nice Jacket Kitty.

Gagagran Sun 05-Nov-17 08:32:58

Morning all! Cold and sunny here on the south coast.

DH is trying to find somewhere to hang his steam train driver's certificate. He had a great time and actually did drive it! So did I because having the day to myself, I did a lot of those little odd jobs that needed doing. Much easier when not having to explain what I am doing!

Hope everyone has a good day. sunshine

Anniebach Sun 05-Nov-17 08:52:29

Good morning all x

DanniRae Sun 05-Nov-17 09:05:16

Good morning All from a lovely, bright South London. We are all a bit shell shocked here because of last night's fireworks. Our darling little dog gets so agitated and just spent the evening barking like crazy or panting in distress. The trouble is we have this evening to get through too! Meanwhile we are going for a walk in a local park to enjoy the sights of this beautiful Autumn. Have a good day Everyone smile

Nana3 Sun 05-Nov-17 09:09:10

Good morning, clear blue sky after rain in the night in Lancashire.
Hope you all have a good day, thinking of you Anniebach.

Nelliemoser Sun 05-Nov-17 09:43:25

Its been pouring with rain much of the night in Cheshire, and quite a bit colder. It is a little bit brighter today though.

I was moving unwisely when in the garden yesterday and my back is complaining like B*****y today.

Nelliemoser Sun 05-Nov-17 09:43:51

Opps Good Morning All.

Mapleleaf Sun 05-Nov-17 10:52:21

Morning everyone,
Your turkey curry sounds good, mick. I think you'd better set your table for lots of visitors! ?
As Greyduster says, it's bright but cold here. I'm defrosting some mince to make a chillie for later.
If anyone is going to a bonfire tonight, enjoy yourselves and wrap up warm.

12Michael Sun 05-Nov-17 11:09:05

Doing in a small slow cooker
Turkey pieces
Spring Onions
Peas
also added some exotic mushrooms
various curry powder (Mild)
Golden Curry
also Chinese Curry paste
and also coconut milk
I am just letting it simmer and thicken then served with boil in bag rice
two days worth of meals on my own
Mick

ginny Sun 05-Nov-17 11:27:04

Late posting today but , Good Morning. A little sun this morning but chilly in North Bucks.
Scrapbooking today with a great bunch of girls. Venue has a lovely lake view.