Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(13 Posts)
hildajenniJ Wed 08-Nov-17 09:38:58

Good morning everyone.
It's cold and frosty, but very sunny in Tynedale this morning. Going to Knit and Natter this afternoon. I think I might make some more mini Christmas stockings.
Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Marydoll Wed 08-Nov-17 09:15:26

Good morning all.
Very frosty here this morning, but the sun is shining.
Glad to hear Paw doesn't have fracture. Hope everything else improves soon.
Good luck with the test Mick.
Nan enjoy your day with your sister.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Wed 08-Nov-17 08:25:10

Good morning, a bit brighter this morning here in N Bucks after last night’s downpour!
See what today brings,the good news is that paw hasn't broken his hip but it is severely bruised and he can't move his left leg, walk or stand . Also on heavy duty pain relief.
Codeine and oramorph if he needs it on top of paracetamol (of course.) The bad news is that the stool sample we took to the Royal Free on Sunday has tested positive for C. Diff (again) but the up side of that is a single room to prevent spreading the bug to other patients. It explains why his guts were still in turmoil.
Don't know how long he will be in, got to get him on his feet as well as bang the infection on the head.

harrigran Wed 08-Nov-17 08:23:09

Good morning, cold and frosty in the north east but it is clear and sunny.
DH meeting up with old work colleagues this afternoon so I will be watching rubbish TV grin

NfkDumpling Wed 08-Nov-17 08:10:47

Morning All

Grey and dismal here in Norfolk.

We went to some friends for dinner last evening who we haven’t seen for a while and I remember looking at my watch just before nine to work out when I could eat again on this 16:8 diet. A few minutes later it was 12.45!! Didn’t wake until 7.30 this morning so hopefully I’ve got over the clock change!

Off to the hairdresser this morning, then I’m baking the Christmas cake.

Nana3 Wed 08-Nov-17 08:02:37

Good morning all, blue skies in Lancashire.
Out with friends this evening.
Good luck with the blood test Mick.
Have a lovely time with your sister NanKate.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Wed 08-Nov-17 08:01:01

Morning All. Bright and sunny morning in our corner of Somerset. Little sleep last night, grrr. Good luck to mick with his blood fest and greyd with the paint challenge. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Greyduster Wed 08-Nov-17 07:53:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire but it is very cold. We will be looking at paint this morning; oh joy! Have a good day, folks.

NanKate Wed 08-Nov-17 07:37:29

Morning Kitty ?

kittylester Wed 08-Nov-17 07:28:06

Morning Kate

NanKate Wed 08-Nov-17 06:59:15

Good morning Mick Kitty and all the Earlybirds.

Hope you get some helpful advice Mick

Taking my sister out for the day whilst she is on holiday. She has great difficulty walking with her arthritis and I have had to plan our trip out knowing where benches are to sit etc. It makes me realise how I should value my walking and getting about skills.

Should be a nice day in the Thames Valley.

kittylester Wed 08-Nov-17 06:51:31

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's chilly and a bit damp in North Leicestershire but the forecast is better for when I do the school run this afternoon.

Good luck with the blood test Mick - I know nothing about various types of diabetes but I imagine someone will.

12Michael Wed 08-Nov-17 06:43:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just twilight here in Brackley cold but dry , blood test this morning diabetes wise , should have results in 2 weeks , will also ask then about this diabetes 3c which is supposed to be glucose based where is the line between 2 and 3c
Mick