Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(14 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 09-Nov-17 09:22:06

Good morning All. Dry with whispy clouds.

I have My U3A play reading this afternoon.

We have just finished the "Prime of Miss Jean Brody."
Not sure what the next one will be a local library sends us selections they think will suit us.

Mapleleaf Thu 09-Nov-17 08:54:14

Good morning.
It's grey and breezy here as greyduster says.
Got a busy day ahead helping DH put shelves now turned into book cases back in the study. A good opportunity to sort through the many, many books! ( It was all fitted units before, but last time we decorated it was a nightmare putting it all back together again so we vowed that before we decorate the room again, DH would make the shelving part into free standing bookcases by adding a base from the wood that was the work station top). Has worked a treat and the room looks so much more spacious now and it will be a lot easier to manage.
Hope you make a rapid improvement Lynnebo.
Enjoy your meal kitty.
Enjoy Thursday, everyone.

harrigran Thu 09-Nov-17 08:32:54

Good morning, mild and windy here in the north east. Lunch out today, hopefully, and then some shopping.

Marydoll Thu 09-Nov-17 08:29:18

Good morning all,Grey and cold here.
I hope all those having tests today have a good result.
Sorry to here about your illness Lynnebo. You will find plenty on GN to keep you occupied.
Some food shopping this morning and off to an ex colleague's leaving afternoon tea in my old school. It will feel strange as I haven't been back for two years. I have to admit to feeling nervous.

Gagagran Thu 09-Nov-17 08:26:45

Morning Mick Kitty and all GNs

It's grey and damp and less cold here on the south coast. We are back from the supermarket so catching up on GN.

Awful night for maw - hope today brings better news for her. We have some brave Grans on this forum - I am in awe of their strength and coping techniques.

Busy day for us with lots of to-ing and fro-ing. Needs careful timetable liaising!

Onwards and upwards Lynnebo - hope you are soon home again. flowers

cornergran Thu 09-Nov-17 08:24:44

Morning All. Grey start in our corner of Somerset, dry which is good. . Good news lynnebo, all good wishes for your recovery. Flipping filing and some cleaning for me today, much jubilation when both are complete. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Flutterly Thu 09-Nov-17 08:22:13

Good morning everyone.

Lots of grey clouds in WeSt Yorkshire, but very windy so may move on.
Not at my best today as woke up in the early hours & never really settled after that.
Just waiting for Dgc6 to come & stay until 2pm, by which time we will be glad to give her back to sil.

Lynnebo Thu 09-Nov-17 08:09:39

Good morning, I am in hospital recovering from a stroke 11 days ago. No idea what the weather is like outside but I have had life saving surgery and everything seems to be working so it's bright and sunny for me!!

Greyduster Thu 09-Nov-17 07:47:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey grey grey in South Yorkshire. Not very warm either. Food shopping, and then more decorating for DH today. We think we may have settled on a colour! Miracles do happen! Have a good day, folks!

ninathenana Thu 09-Nov-17 07:46:49

Morning everyone

Grey here in Kent as well, doesn't seem as chilly as yesterday.
I'm going for ECG this morning to check out my "irregularly irregular" pulse that the nurse discovered last week. First I knew.

Nana3 Thu 09-Nov-17 07:29:33

Good morning. It's grey in Lancashire too today. Every day now I go to my parents house to do a bit more clearing, it's not a nice job.
NfkD my DH is also having blood tests.
Have a good day in Coventry kitty.
I hope everyone else enjoys their day too.

NfkDumpling Thu 09-Nov-17 07:03:02

Morning Mick, morning All

I just peered out around the curtains to the just-getting-light greyness. A bit of a breeze so I suspect it’ll feel rather chilly.

Today DH is off to the hospital for a check up. It’s a constant round of blood tests and check ups at the moment. I’m doing housework, washing and sorting the house ready for DD1 and brood descending tomorrow for my birthday ‘Do’ at the weekend.

kittylester Thu 09-Nov-17 06:57:50

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's still quite cold but dry in North Leicestershire.

Sainsbury's fir me this morning then to Coventry for a meal and jazz. I shall enjoy the meal. grin

Love and hugs to everyone who needs it today.

12Michael Thu 09-Nov-17 06:33:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but dry and cold out here in Brackley this morning.
Mick