Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Tue 14-Nov-17 06:25:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and cold here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

Grannyknot Tue 14-Nov-17 06:35:36

Morning Michael. It's still dark here in SW London, but as the recycling truck will be trundling around the corner soon - and I'm home alone - I best get up and lug the crate outside.

kittylester Tue 14-Nov-17 06:42:38

Morning Mick, morning all!

It is still dark but cold in North Leicestershire.

Alzheimer's Course this morning for me then a few neighbours are coming for brewcupcake and a chat about an informal Neighbourhood Watch. Our local formal one was disbanded but we were all slightly unnerved by an attempted daytime break in at a neighbour's while they were in.

kittylester Tue 14-Nov-17 06:43:16

Morning GK!

Gagagran Tue 14-Nov-17 06:57:50

Morning Mick, Kitty and GK!

Cold again here on the south coast and it looked as if there could be some murky mist when I risked a peep out of the window.

We have an "exciting" trip to the tip this morning combined with some shopping afterwards. May even manage some lunch in our lovely local pub. We'll see.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs - especially those who are coping with difficulties or losses. sunshine

Bellasnana Tue 14-Nov-17 07:02:35

Good morning all. Raining in Malta today. We had a whirlwind last night which caused damage in some parts of the island and blew the roof of the new Lidl store!

Hope you all have a good day sunshine

NfkDumpling Tue 14-Nov-17 07:18:01

Morning All

A bit grey out there this morning and decidedly chilly.

We cleaned our little motor boat yesterday and she’s all white and clean for our trip down river to her winter storage. The water was so high that the jetties were nearly under and I needed a step to get on board. I hope the tide and river level will have dropped a bit by the time we get there else I’ll not be able to ‘leap’ ashore when we come in. We could reverse rolls with me steering and him jumping off but the last time I tried we bounced off the bank. You can tell I’m nervous can’t you!

Greyduster Tue 14-Nov-17 07:52:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and dank (lovely word, dank) in South Yorkshire. I think I have DH’s cold. Ironing this morning. Hope you manage to get your boat laid up without any mishaps, Nfk! Have a good day, folks.

ninathenana Tue 14-Nov-17 07:57:50

Morning everyone

Damp, dull and grey in Kent this morning. We are also off to the tip later gaga such a thrilling outing isn't it. Then on to food shopping and coffee.
Have a good day people

Pittcity Tue 14-Nov-17 08:04:25

Good morning from a damp dismal Colchester.
Errands in town today.

ginny Tue 14-Nov-17 08:06:50

Good morning.
Very chilly but dry in North Bucks.
Bits and bobs to do this morning. Lunch withfriends and then off to a craft shop for supplies for a craft club project.
Baby sitting this evening.

cornergran Tue 14-Nov-17 08:15:23

Morning All fairly mild but sadly also grey and damp in our corner of Somerset. No idea what I will do today, other than some admin which won’t take long if I concentrate. That’s so unlikely that it could take all morning hmm. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone. Don’t fall in nfk.

Newquay Tue 14-Nov-17 08:16:01

Lovely to hear from you all-even from Malta! Looks like a promising day here in Staffs. New cleaner comes this morning, has come for 3 weeks now and does really well. V pleased to have found her. But the chap who does the garden seems to have gone into hibernation and there's still a couple of tress to trim first. MUST do choral practice, two concerts coming up-if DGS doesn't turn up early and stop me singing-lol! Have a good day everyone, courage to everyone facing difficulties?

harrigran Tue 14-Nov-17 08:31:13

Good morning, mild here today after a few cold days. Need to go shopping later but right now it's a nice cuppa in bed.

Nelliemoser Tue 14-Nov-17 08:33:50

Good morning damp and grey yet again in Cheshire.
I have just rembered I have an opticians appointment later.

Fortunately I had left a note on the breakfast table.

Newquay Tue 14-Nov-17 08:38:36

Oh Nellie you made me chuckle-that's just what I have to do too! I've left out a birthday card which needs to be sent early as recipient will be away on a cruise on her birthday.

bumblebee123 Tue 14-Nov-17 08:41:49

Everyone seems to be cold and grey this morning. Where I am it is very bright and hot with a slight breeze to help keep me cool as I lay here on my sun lounger... I WISH.
Like everyone else we are cold and grey. YUCK.sad
Have a nicr day.smile
Brian...

Mapleleaf Tue 14-Nov-17 09:32:15

Morning all,
It's brightened up a bit since greyduster posted, but not sure how long this brightness will last!
Got a few chores to do, nothing very exciting!

whitewave Tue 14-Nov-17 09:56:04

Morning all

Grey , dull but milder on South Downs with less wind. I might plant the last of the tulips, but I ve got something coming, so might just sit and read grin

Enjoy your day all.

Salmon for supper

NannyJan53 Tue 14-Nov-17 12:51:07

Good afternoon all

Late on parade....car sailed through MOT! Not long home and have vegetable soup on the go for lunch (make enough to last all week).

Now to potter around this afternoon, and a trip to gym later.

Have a good day everyone