Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(21 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Nov-17 06:47:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a muggy and misty start here in Brackley this morning, hope it does brighten up.
Mick

kittylester Wed 15-Nov-17 06:50:27

Morning Mick, morning all.

Not too cold in North Leicestershire but I can't see anything else yet.

Ironing and school run for me today.

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone.

ninathenana Wed 15-Nov-17 06:51:54

Morning Mick and everyone.

It's only half light in Kent but it's dry with no wind although we are forecast showers. H wants to go Dobbies today for some compost and bits. We will have lunch in their excelent cafè.

ninathenana Wed 15-Nov-17 06:52:16

Morning kitty

kittylester Wed 15-Nov-17 06:54:49

Morning nina!

Gagagran Wed 15-Nov-17 07:06:07

Morning Mick Kitty Nina and everyone.

It's still a bit dark here on the south coast but it is mild and I suspect cloudy again.

A musical day for me with my first session at a new recorder group I am trying this morning, and then choir tonight. We have two concerts looming, very close now, on 25 November and 6 December, so a lot of fine tuning will be going on.

Hope Wednesday is a good one for us all. sunshine

Greyduster Wed 15-Nov-17 07:19:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Still dark in South Yorkshire but I think we are expecting rain today. I have a trip into town today, and then over to DD’s for an after school football match. If they get through the game before it’s too dark to see each other it will be a miracle! Have a good day, folks!

Nana3 Wed 15-Nov-17 07:23:14

Good morning all, cloudy but warmer in Lancashire, have turned the heating down a bit.
House cleaning for me today, only because lots of visitors are coming this evening.
Gagagran your musical day sounds lovely.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Wed 15-Nov-17 07:24:11

Good Morning everyone,

Its a bit damp and miserable here this morning. Off to the gym shortly, then back and tackle the ironing!

I joined U3A 3 months ago, and have yet to pluck up courage to actually join a class. So will make a couple of phone calls today to arrange.

Have a great Wednesday all.

Pittcity Wed 15-Nov-17 07:31:21

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Dry and back to double figures, just.
Wednesday coffee meet up in town this morning.

NfkDumpling Wed 15-Nov-17 07:46:19

Morning All

Despite a breeze it's depressingly grey and misty in Norfolk. I'm so pleased yesterday was nice. We had a lovely trip down river taking the boat to her winter storage, although the water levels are worryingly high for this time of year. I couldn't get onboard without a leg up! Luckily the tide had dropped a bit by the time we got there.

Housework today. I can't put it off any longer!

harrigran Wed 15-Nov-17 07:51:59

Good morning, dull and grey. DH meets his old work colleagues this afternoon so will watch some rubbish on TV. Still no santa lists so that I can start shopping and I have three birthdays in the week before Christmas.

Newquay Wed 15-Nov-17 07:57:43

Good morning all, grey here in Staffs but dry forecast. Home hairdresser coming at 10.30 then dashing off to meet dear sister at garden centre cafe. Collecting DGD1 on way and being joined by DGD2 for lunch. Both at same Uni. Handing over Christmas and birthday cards and gifts to dear sister for her family as we will be out of circulation once new DGS puts in an appearance end of month in Yorkshire-so exciting! So, what are you singing Gagagran? Go for it NannyJan-U3A is such a good idea.

Bellasnana Wed 15-Nov-17 07:59:41

Good morning from Malta. Having a week of unsettled weather here. It looks like it might rain.

Need to drag myself out of bed as I'm taking an elderly friend out this morning. It's one of those days when I wish I could just hibernate under the duvet, but I know I need to get a grip.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.sunshine

ginny Wed 15-Nov-17 08:03:59

Good morning all from a mild and misty North Bucks.
A ‘crafty’ day for me. This morning at home and at our group this afternoon.
Scanning appointment too but luckily the the mobile scanner is in the car park of where we meet.
Enjoy your Wednesday!

cornergran Wed 15-Nov-17 08:08:43

Morning All. It’s a very grey morning in our corner of Somerset, dry so far. Need to get the head working today, wish me luck. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone. .

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Nov-17 08:32:39

Morning everyone,
It's grey and miserable looking outdoors this morning. Not raining just yet, but it looks very likely.
A morning of cleaning for me.
Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

Gagagran Wed 15-Nov-17 08:55:48

Newquay it's a mixed programme with some lovely Rutter Christmas carols and some well known musical medleys and standards. The second half includes carols for audience participation.

We have had to make it all ticket as the hall only holds 300 and we had people standing last year. There is a bucket collection and any profits go to a local charity for children with cancer.

Nelliemoser Wed 15-Nov-17 09:30:12

Good Morning All. It's grey and damp in Cheshire, yet again. I have been up since about six.
Read some of my book, managed to get through to a grumpy receptionist at the surgery and had a GP call back to quickly discuss and authorise a repeat prescription.

I have been unpicking a lot of knitting.
Tablet computer is ready for collection .
Prescription waiting.
Out to lunch with former colleagues. It could get noisy.
I must get out ASAP. The Wednesday market is on today and parking will be tight.
Busy.
Have a good day.

annodomini Wed 15-Nov-17 10:09:44

Good morning. Yes, Nellie, another grey day in Cheshire and not good for the old joints!

Newquay Wed 15-Nov-17 17:24:33

Ooh Gagagran what a lovely prog for Christmas. This year one of my choirs is doing Britten's St Nicholas-not to my liking singing about pickled boys! But the other choir will be doing its annual Messiah so that's ok!
This Sat it's Bach's Mass and next Sat Beethoven's Mass-just hope DD2 can hang onto baby til due date of 29thsmile