Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(18 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 16-Nov-17 09:29:47

Good Morning all. Not so overcast as the last few days. No meal out today unfortunately, but another one tomorrow.
I wait months for a meal out with friends then two come along at once.
Off to paint the handles of my garden hand trowels in a bright yellow so I can a more easily find them in the borders. Apart form the one I cannot find to paint.

I will have to bring them into the house to dry though, it's not warm enough for the paint to dry in the wendy house. Have a peaceful day.

harrigran Thu 16-Nov-17 09:20:40

Good morning, wet and windy but not too cold.
Fish and chip lunch at one of the best coastal restaurants and then some food shopping. Looking forward to some fresh air, haven't been out for a week.

bumblebee123 Thu 16-Nov-17 08:47:34

Hey up you lot. Everybody OK? Good, so let us ?????? Chinese Mick? I'm funny about my food, only eat English. I tried a Chinese many years ago and was sick all night.... Hang on a minute, gotta go for a pee......Oh that's better, phew, I only just got there in time smile. Good luck to all the people that are walking today. That is something I really miss. Hey Greyduster, whereabouts in South Yorkshire do you live? I'm in Rotherham, not much to see there, only me. grin
Brian...

Gagagran Thu 16-Nov-17 08:40:16

Morning everyone! Bit later than usual although we have done the supermarket run and are now having breakfast. It is quite humid and muggy here on the south coast and very damp and drippy.

My music day yesterday was like the curate's egg. Best bit was choir rehearsal where we sounded, at last, as if we know our parts! One more rehearsal then it's C-Day!

Hoping for a restful day today after a poor night and a busy few days.

Wishing all GNs a good Thursday. flowers

Mapleleaf Thu 16-Nov-17 08:26:10

Morning everyone,
It's brightened up a bit here, and feels quite mild, but rain expected soon for a bit before brightening up again and getting cooler. I prefer that to the rain, so hope they've got the rain bit wrong!
Enjoy your lunch, Mick. I enjoy a Chinese meal occasionally, but not had a takeaway one for a while - maybe at the weekend ?.
A pottering sort of day in store today.
Enjoy your day.

Luckygirl Thu 16-Nov-17 08:22:11

Good morning - bright and beautiful here on the Welsh border - the autumn trees and the hills look lovely.

Have to get OH up and dressed a bit earlier this morning as I have an appointment to go to. Then this afternoon I will be making a mountain of rolls to take to my DD's live folk event in her home.

ninathenana Thu 16-Nov-17 08:21:37

Morning all
I had a bit of a lay in this morning and am now waiting for the sausage sarnie H is cooking me.
A day of pottering for me, enjoy whatever your doing.

ginny Thu 16-Nov-17 08:15:49

Good morning from a dull but mild North Bucks.
A couple of appointments in town and lunch out with DH.
Workshop at sewing group this evening.

cornergran Thu 16-Nov-17 08:01:54

Morning All. Another grey start in our corner of Somerset. A bit of dust collecting and a trip to pick up some tickets today which will also involve a coffee stop. Your Chinese sounds good, Mick, haven’t found a decent one here sadly. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 16-Nov-17 07:45:36

Good Morning everyone.

Bright here at the moment in the Black Country.

Taking Partner for a Hospital appointment at 8.00am . It is for his eyes, so he cannot drive back!

Tonight I am babysitting for my son. The eldest is 13 and bigger than me, but still too young to be left.

Have good day all.

Pittcity Thu 16-Nov-17 07:45:27

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Not cold here.
Shopping and generally catching up on stuff today.

Bellasnana Thu 16-Nov-17 07:42:03

Good morning everyone. It is very wet here in Malta today. Yesterday turned out to be lovely and sunny but it doesn't look like it will clear any time soon. We need the rain so mustn't grumble.

Off to the gym now. Hope you all have a good day sunshine

Greyduster Thu 16-Nov-17 07:39:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A very grey day in South Yorkshire with rain expected. Your Chinese lunch sounds just the job, Mick. We have only one Chinese restaurant that DH would deign to go anywhere near and I have discovered to my disappointment that it has closed!?
Food shopping and domestics for me and wall painting for Himself. Have a good day, folks!

NfkDumpling Thu 16-Nov-17 07:19:36

Morning All

Another dull grey day out there in Norfolk. Depressing.

Going down to our little boat to take the removeable ‘soft furnishings’ out and put moisture traps everywhere before she’s lifted out. I forgot to collect conkers this year so I expect an overwinter influx of spiders. How do such small creatures manage such large poo? I mean, there’s nothing for them to eat except each other.

loopyloo Thu 16-Nov-17 07:12:36

Good morning everyone. Chinese food for lunch sounds very good. Have a dental appt then looking after DGC after school. What really healthy tea can I give them?

Nana3 Thu 16-Nov-17 07:10:11

Good morning Mick, kitty and everyone. It's not light enough to know the weather in Lancashire, it's not raining at least.
Having a coffee and a walk with a friend today, 'just what the doctor ordered'.
Hope you all have a good day.

kittylester Thu 16-Nov-17 06:58:49

Morning Mick, morning all.

No idea about the weather in North Leicestershire but it isn't cold.

This morning I'm taking DS1 to hospital to have a new splint made for his hand. Then home for lunch before going out for brewcupcake with a friend who is losing the confidence to drive - should be interesting!

Enjoy your meal Mick, I love Chinese food bit can only eat homemade now which isn't quite the same.envy

12Michael Thu 16-Nov-17 06:47:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but its looking dry and cold here in Brackley this morning.
Bit of house work, then off to have my usual Thursday Chinese in Bicester lunch wise good value place and always get Chinese eating there.
Mick