Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 23-Nov-17 11:27:37

Good morning everyone,
A lovely day here, as Greyduster says. Still breezy, and seems to be getting breezier, but a lot brighter today.
Made Christmas pudding yesterday, steaming it today.
Enjoy your day. ?

Nelliemoser Thu 23-Nov-17 09:15:14

Gagagran If you worry about your choir concert on Saturday you should hear how our final rehearsal was.

We need a new MD who is not fuelled on caffeine filled cola and full of herself.
One last effort on Saturday and I am joining the rats who have already left our sinking ship.
Any one know a really good choral MD whose not too expensive?

Anniebach Thu 23-Nov-17 09:09:43

Good morning all, no idea what our weather is doing, still in bed.

Nelliemoser Thu 23-Nov-17 09:07:45

Good Morning All. Bright skies above in Cheshire.
This is the calm before the next storm.

"Potent storm to slam UK with rain, strong winds into Thursday November 22, 2017, 8:33:00 AM EST
A potent storm system will unleash, strong winds, heavy rain and high-elevation snow on the United Kingdom into Thursday. " Take care folks.

Nana3 Thu 23-Nov-17 08:40:32

Good morning. Many problems caused by flooding, people evacuated from homes, roads closed in North Lancashire. We are okay here. Bright just now but more rain to come.
More house clearing for me today.
Coffee at a friend's this morning.
Gagagran best wishes for Saturday.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Thu 23-Nov-17 08:31:50

Good morning.
Still a little breezy and damp here in North Bucks.
Looking after DGS this morning and the going to explore a new shopping place. Out at usual Thursday group tonight.

Newquay Thu 23-Nov-17 08:27:27

Morning all, looks a lovely day here in Staffs.
Don't worry Gaga Gran, you will all up your game now you had a poor rehearsal-concert will be fine-enjoy!

ninathenana Thu 23-Nov-17 08:18:32

Morning all

Same here gaga weather wise though it's now sunny and mild. A bit of shopping in the next town today, we will have S in tow and have a pub lunch too.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Thu 23-Nov-17 08:08:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire and it is calmer than it was yesterday. May drive over and have a coffee with DD this morning. Have a good day, folks.

Gagagran Thu 23-Nov-17 07:58:46

Morning all! It's very mild and breezy here on the south coast after a bit of a wild night with strong winds and rain showers.

I am feeling a bit despondent about our choir concert on Saturday following a very mediocre final rehearsal last night. We all seemed to have forgotten the pieces or at least all the finer points which we have been practising since September. I think it could in part be due to a different hall with different acoustics and different seating plan. Hey ho - just hope it will be alright on the night.

Pittcity Thu 23-Nov-17 07:47:48

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Very wet and windy overnight but now clearing and sunshine promised.
Thursday coffee meet up in town this morning.

harrigran Thu 23-Nov-17 07:47:27

Good morning from a very damp north east. It rained all day yesterday and was torrential late evening and during the night. We have just had new drains in the garden which coped with it otherwise we would be water logged now.

NfkDumpling Thu 23-Nov-17 07:23:08

Morning All

I just love having the forecast from Malta! We've had a very windy night but it's stayed dry. The rain from the west yesterday had all fallen by the time the clouds got to Norfolk and this morning it looks like the remaining dark clouds are being chased away.

I'm off to our Stately Pile today for a training session. They're putting on an' art installation' after Christmas, all very intriguing.

kittylester Thu 23-Nov-17 07:06:09

Morning Mick, morning Bella, morning all.

It's wet and cold in North Leicestershire and I'm doing my Sainsbury's shop.

DS2 calling in this evening if he can get away from work on time.

Enjoy your Thursdays everyone.

Bellasnana Thu 23-Nov-17 06:45:00

Good morning Mick. Glad your check up was OK. A bit tough having to lose weight with Christmas coming, though.

Weather in Malta so far, there's a pale blue sky, a few clouds and it looks like a nice day.

Off to the gym, hope you all have a good day.sunshine

12Michael Thu 23-Nov-17 06:39:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cold and wet here in Brackley this morning, diabetes check with nurse Ok , need to loose some weight and revert back to 6 months for checks.
Mick