Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(16 Posts)
CassieJ Sat 25-Nov-17 09:53:09

Good morning. Woke up to snow here, very cold too.

Had a busy morning so far, defrosted the freezer, made a lasagne to go into the defrosted freezer [ when it goes back on ] and I am cooking a ham in coke in the slow cooker.
Now off to start the ironing smile

Marydoll Sat 25-Nov-17 08:25:55

Good morning all, after sleeping badly all night, fell into a deep sleep at seven, when DH got up.
Daughter's engagement party tonight, so looking forward to all my family around me.

Pittcity Sat 25-Nov-17 08:11:56

Good morning from a bright frosty Colchester. A quiet weekend here.

harrigran Sat 25-Nov-17 08:06:30

Good morning, sharp frost here again. Think I will be staying cosy today.
Had a strange dream, glassortwo had me helping to run a nursery school but kept feeding me chocolate eclairs confused I woke up feeling full.

J52 Sat 25-Nov-17 08:05:58

Snow in South Leicestershire! All very pretty, but I don’t think it will last.
The Mid Century Fair sounds fun.

ginny Sat 25-Nov-17 08:04:10

Good morning. North Bucks is very cold this morning but frost has gone.
Lunch with DD1 and SIL today and the a quiet evening with ‘Strictly’.
Happy Saturday .

MawBroon Sat 25-Nov-17 08:02:24

Real taste of winter this morning! Hard frost last night and a beautiful pale blue and pink sky
. Whatever that bodes I’m having a second brew in bed.
Hattie has also checked out “out” and decided to retreat to her furry bed beside the radiator.
We know how to live in N Bucks.
Have a happy day, everyone!

Greyduster Sat 25-Nov-17 08:02:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A lovely sunrise in South Yorkshire heralding, I hope, a nice day. We were woken in the night by a loud noise but couldn’t find out what it was. That was the end of sleep for me and so I feel like a wet rag this morning. DS is coming for lunch. He may have to get his own! Have a happy day, folks.

Nana3 Sat 25-Nov-17 08:01:06

Good morning. Lots of rain overnight in Lancashire. Terrible for already flooded areas.
DGS up already and waiting for his pancakes.
Have a good day everyone and I hope you enjoy the performance Gagagran.

kittylester Sat 25-Nov-17 07:58:10

Good morning all.

North Leicestershire is grey and wet - I'm sure we were promised cold and frosty. Snow sounds good, Liz - for 1 day.

We are going to a Mid Century Fair today. We need a pice of art for a big brick wall in the dining room. I fancy a string picture rather like the one we threw out about 30 years ago. confused No doubt we will come home with more 'stuff' but no string picture. Hey ho!

Liz46 Sat 25-Nov-17 07:42:02

It was a bit of a shock to look out of window and see snow this morning here in the north west. I may hibernate for the day.

Bellasnana Sat 25-Nov-17 07:37:00

Good morning, Mick and everyone. Weather in Malta much as usual, starts off cool but once the sun gets going it warms up.

Spent yesterday thinking it was Saturday, so today feels like Sunday. Very confusing. I've come to dread weekends.

Hope you all have a good day sunshine

Gagagran Sat 25-Nov-17 07:28:29

Morning Mick NanaK Nf and everyone!

It's cold and the car is iced up here on the south coast.

Busy day ahead for me with the first choir concert this evening. Just hope we perform better than the rehearsal on Wednesday.

Have a good day folks! sunshine

NfkDumpling Sat 25-Nov-17 07:14:36

Morning All

Another lovely sunny, crisp day in prospect in Norfolk. A stroll on the beach may be a good idea.

Missed Silverlining at the Lights Switch on in town last evening. Sooo many people!

NanKate Sat 25-Nov-17 07:09:17

Morning Mick and all us Earlybirds.

Dark and frosty in the Thames Valley.

Off to see a local production of Christmas Carol, looking fwd to it.

12Michael Sat 25-Nov-17 06:40:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and cold here in Brackley this morning, looks like some of you may get wintry weather if forecast is right.
Mick