Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(14 Posts)
silverlining48 Sun 26-Nov-17 10:34:24

Good morning all, its sunny again here in kent but there was frost first thing. Back from Norfolk last night where it was very chilly. Nfk looked out for you and your bobble hat at a the Christmas light turn on on friday. missed you in the crowds. It was a good turnout.
Wishing all a peaceful day.

Baggs Sun 26-Nov-17 10:32:16

Good morning, everyone! Another chilly damp day here in Argyll. I shall be donning my warm boots and Nordic coat to go boot shopping with Minibaggs in Glasgow later. I expect I'll be too warm in the shops and too cool outside. Hey ho.

She has just spent a week in southern Spain on a school exchange visit and her feet weren't cold even in canvas shoes with no socks when she got back in a snow storm! Would that my body thermostat was that good!

Bellasnana Sun 26-Nov-17 10:25:37

Good morning, all. It looks a bit cloudy today but the temp is supposed to reach 19C.

I'm dithering. Lots of niggling jobs to do but don't know where to start.

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday.sunshine

ginny Sun 26-Nov-17 09:24:32

Good morning all.
Sunshine , dry but very chilly here in North Bucks.
Quiet day today, some sewing, craft work and making a nice curry for dinner.

Greyduster Sun 26-Nov-17 07:51:24

Good morning, Michael and all you early birds! Blimey you should all be on the insomniacs thread!
A lovely sunrise in South Yorkshire, but it is “nitherin’,” as our local tv weather forecaster is apt to say! We are off to junior football, for what I hope is the last home game before Christmas, then a late family lunch. Have a happy day, folks.

loopyloo Sun 26-Nov-17 07:06:01

Morning Mick, Nina and NFK,
Really cold here in East London. Nothing planned today but will go to allotment to prune apple trees.
Tell me how old do you have to be, to not be asked to do anything. 95? 100?

kittylester Sun 26-Nov-17 07:04:19

Morning all!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire and felt quite cold when I went down to make the tea.

Making brunch for DS1 and Dh before they go to the football and then a casserole for when they get back and I'm done for the day! I've got lots of TV to catch up on. grin

Best not to go up ladders if it can be avoided, nfk - it's a long way down!

NanKate Sun 26-Nov-17 07:00:34

And Corner

NanKate Sun 26-Nov-17 06:59:53

Morning * Nfk* too.

cornergran Sun 26-Nov-17 06:59:36

Morning All. Clear sky in our corner of Somerset. Feels decidedly chilly. All bunged up with a bug so not much sleep. Time for more drugs and won’t feel a pang of guilt if they send me to sleep now. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Sun 26-Nov-17 06:59:00

Morning Mick and Nina.

Dark and icy in the Thames Valley. We are not used to these temperatures down here in the south and I had to rely on thermal underwear yesterday hmm

Will start my Xmas cards today.

Are you awake yet Kitty ?

NfkDumpling Sun 26-Nov-17 06:56:18

Morning Mick, Nina, All

I just had a peer around the curtain and there's a light in the clear sky which gives the impression of a really, really early summers morning. A pity it's only an impression. A bit of a breeze too by the look of it, but westerly so it should be a touch less cold.

No plans for today except to take a ladder around to DDs so DS can fix the slipped tiles on her roof. We now seem to have reached the age when we're not asked to actually do anything. Except provide the ladder.

ninathenana Sun 26-Nov-17 06:47:46

Morning Mick and everyone.

Still half dark but I can see it's breezy. Yesterday was the first time I've felt cold. We've been lucky in Kent, no frost yet.

12Michael Sun 26-Nov-17 06:37:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its looking like another cold day here in Brackley this morning.
Mick