Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(16 Posts)
Nelliemoser Mon 27-Nov-17 10:21:35

A late Good Morning to all. Not sunny but not raining right now.
I do now have a functional computer browser to use.

Every thing went horribly wrong following "Firefoxes" installation of "improvements". All sorts of odd things happened. I am not using it for now.

NfkDumpling Mon 27-Nov-17 09:23:37

Morning All

Lots of rain last night and grey and miserable this morning.

I’m late this morning after a flurry of WhatApping. I took DGD and DGS (cousins) to the park yesterday and over-excited DGD skidded, fell and was attacked with a blow to the head by a bouncy, hard-sided pink elephant. Large egg bruise erupted on her forehead, but with a cold compress she seemed to recover okay. I awoke this morning to messages that she'd spent a lot of last night in A&E as her vision went blurry and she felt sick! She’ll be fine, but oh, the guilt!

So sorry to hear about your MiL Pitt, I do hope she’s home and well before Christmas.

silverlining48 Mon 27-Nov-17 09:20:36

Good. Mor ning everyone. Well its grey and windy here in kent, probably cold too but have yet to put my nose out of doors.
Decorating the living room begins this week, the last time was 27 years ago, so its not before time. New everything so all furniture to be bundled out of the room to be put.... where? Envisioning(?) chaos.

cornergran Mon 27-Nov-17 09:08:56

Morning All. Quite bright, windy and still feels chilly in our corner of Somerset. Hope your mother in law is comfortable pittcity, you’ve put me to shame marydoll: have ignored the pile of cards all weekend. A couple of practical irritations to sort out this morning and some admin, need to get started. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Mapleleaf Mon 27-Nov-17 08:51:52

Cold and miserable here, as Greyduster says.
Sorry about your MiL, pittcity. Hope she recovers soon.
Harrogate was lovely. The weather was cold but bright and the concert on Friday was really good.

Marydoll Mon 27-Nov-17 08:40:21

Good morning all, cold and damp here.
A day in for us as no child minding duties, writing Christmas cards, making bags of tablet to sell at our ladies' night on Friday and getting DH to clear out his wardrobe.sad
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL Pitt.
I hope everyone's day goes well.

ginny Mon 27-Nov-17 08:25:33

Good morning from a damp but not too cold North Bucks.
No particular agenda today so will probably sort out the Christmas lists and do some on line shopping. Maybe write some Christmas cards , not my favourite job.

Greyduster Mon 27-Nov-17 08:07:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wet and cold in South Yorkshire this morning and set to remain so. That means our run out to Bakewell this morning will have to go by the board until we get a better day.
Sorry to hear about your mum, Pitt; what a worry for you.
Have a good day all.

Gagagran Mon 27-Nov-17 07:42:34

Morning everyone. It's mild, damp and cloudy here on the south coast after a frosty, sunny weekend.

The choir concert went well on Saturday so relief all round. We do it all again on 6 December and that will be the "biggie" in a much larger hall with lots of tickets sold. All profits go to a local charity for nursing children with life-limiting conditions at home.

Hope Monday is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Pittcity Mon 27-Nov-17 07:36:15

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester. Warmest day of the week but still feeling bloomin' cold.
Walking Netball this morning and visiting MIL in hospital this afternoon. She's 93 and is in a bad way after a tumble.

Bellasnana Mon 27-Nov-17 07:21:53

Good morning all. Weather in Malta today is not very pleasant so far. Blowing a gale and considerably cooler, plus some ominous-looking black clouds.

I've embarrassed myself by turning up to the gym an hour early, I'm definitely losing the plot. blush

Hope you all have a good day and keep warm sunshine

NannyJan53 Mon 27-Nov-17 07:13:34

Good Morning all

Cold and damp here in the Black Country.

I have an appointment at Audiology today at 8.45 so have to be out early!

Then seeing as it is by Merry Hill shopping centre, will pop in there afterwards. It would be rude not to smile

Have a great day all.

kittylester Mon 27-Nov-17 07:09:59

Morning all!

It has been raining in North Leicestershire but is very cold.

Hairdressers today - it will rain!!! I have to make a chocolate cake th I s afternoon.

It's a bit cold Kate, I'd stay at home. We'll send a search party if you don't post tomorrow, nina! grin

ninathenana Mon 27-Nov-17 07:00:17

Morning Mick, NanKate and everyone.
Wet and windy here in Kent and has been a night.
S has the man from Sky coming this afternoon, which means I need to venture in to "the pit" to help tidy/clean. Wish me luck.

NanKate Mon 27-Nov-17 06:52:41

Morning Mick and all to follow.

Dark and damp in the Thames Valley.

Off to Keep Fit even though my body says it would rather take it easy, however after all the stretching and dancing around I could be a little less stiff, here's hoping.

Have a good week folks.

12Michael Mon 27-Nov-17 06:38:49

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its raining as well , this morning in Brackley , usual tidy up etc.
Mick