Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet CafΓ©. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Thu 30-Nov-17 06:35:55

Good Morning Everyone,
its still dark here in Brackley but looks dry out.
Busy day , must have quick nap later as well , off to see Motown again at the Shaftesbury Theatre .
Gather from organising operator we have front row circle , its normally been rows R to T in the stalls.
Mick

kittylester Thu 30-Nov-17 06:46:08

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's perishing cold, but dry, in North Leicestershire.

Early start for us as DH is taking DS1 for botox, I'm taking my cleaner to clean DS'S flat, doing a rapid Sainsbury's shop and then helping on a course this pm.

Enjoy Motown again Mick, I haven't seen it on round here but I'd love to see it.

NfkDumpling Thu 30-Nov-17 06:47:17

Morning Mick, morning All

It's horrible here in deepest Norfolk. Horrible. All dark, wet and soggy and our back downpipe block completely yesterday so a hole will have to be dug in the lawn to find out where. I suspect the soakaway is all silted up too. It's a job which has been lurking for a while now but I got the impression that DH is quite keen to do something manly. Digging a hole is very manly. I shall stay inside and continue with my knitting.

Marydoll Thu 30-Nov-17 07:04:20

Morning all,

I can't believe it, there has been a smattering of snow here and it's freezing. We have DGD again this morning, but she threw up all over her mum when she got home last night and I'm not feeling too well myself.
We were planning on going to pick up my prescriptions etc today and going for a coffee. We may be confined to barracks sad
Have a good day everyone and enjoy your show, Mick.

Nana3 Thu 30-Nov-17 07:15:34

Good morning, it's cold and frosty in Lancashire.
Busy day for me too kitty, not an early start though, wish I didn't have to go out. DH just made tea and I'm still cosy in bed.
Enjoy the theatre in your posh seats Mick.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Thu 30-Nov-17 07:17:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Google tells me it is St Andrews Day so very best wishes to all our Scottish grans! Mick, I hope you enjoy Motown!
It is very cold in South Yorkshire. We are supposed to be going to Chesterfield this morning. I am clinging to the duvet lik a drowning man! Have a good day, folks.

NanKate Thu 30-Nov-17 07:48:14

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Clear sky and very cold in Thames valley.

Have fun Mick at the Show it sounds great.

You reminded me of my dear old Mum Kitty when you said 'perishing cold' it was one of her expressions ?

Hope you don't catch the lurgy Mary

Excitedly waiting for the arrival of two lovely Stessless chairs and matching stools we have treated ourselves to. DH told the salesman 'they will last us out' !

Sar53 Thu 30-Nov-17 08:13:23

Good morning all. Very cold and frosty in Essex by the sea. Food shopping this morning then an afternoon, all cosy in doors, to finish off some knitting.
Have a lovely day everyone.

ginny Thu 30-Nov-17 08:16:05

A chilly good morning from North Bucks but it’s dry and the sun is peeping through.
Off to collect DGS this morning. I expect we shall have a wander down to town as it is market day. Sewing group this evening.

ninathenana Thu 30-Nov-17 08:23:07

Morning everyone.

Very windy and grey in Kent but no frost. I'm envy Mick I'd love to see Motown again.

Gagagran Thu 30-Nov-17 08:35:25

Morning all from a very cold and frosty South Coast. The sun is coming up and it looks like a lovely day may be in store.

We are just back from our usual early foray to the supermarket. Fortunately DH had draped a sheet over the car when I got back from choir last night so it wasn't too badly iced up. We see the usual early shoppers and it's quite a convivial trip. The check-out ladies are all very jolly and friendly and we have a good laugh with them.

Nothing much on the agenda today apart from some cleaning chores - the fridge for one.

Hope Thursday is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

harrigran Thu 30-Nov-17 08:40:28

Good morning from a blustery, freezing cold north east. It is 0 and the forcast is for snow.

annodomini Thu 30-Nov-17 09:27:11

Good morning. The thermometer at my back door says it's -5 degrees! There's a dusting of rime over everything including my car and the Leylandii across the brook look decidedly Christmassy. Thanks, Greyduster for remembering the Scots among us (a good many) on St Andrews Day. Even if we don't have much to celebrate, at least we can celebrate being Scottish! tchgrin

Pittcity Thu 30-Nov-17 09:29:28

Good morning from a bloomin' freezing Essex. Just thawing out after school run with DGS1.

Mapleleaf Thu 30-Nov-17 09:36:36

Good morning all.
Enjoy your trip to see Motown, mick. It sounds very good, and I know my DH would enjoy it, as he's a big fan of Motown.
It's very cold but dry here. I've got to venture out to the post office soon as I've got some post for abroad which must go. Wrapped up well, it should be a nice walk.
You've just reminded me that my fridge needs defrosting, gagagran. I must get it done!
Enjoy your plans for the day, everyone, whatever they are on this last day of November.?