Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(11 Posts)
12Michael Sat 02-Dec-17 06:47:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark, but its dry and cold here in Brackley this morning, usual Saturday out.
Mick

Mapleleaf Sat 02-Dec-17 07:11:10

Good morning, Mick, Good morning everyone,
Couldn't sleep this morning, hence the early post.
Still dark outside, but dry and cloudy.
Like you, Mick, the usual Saturday chores beckon later.
Have a good Saturday everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 02-Dec-17 07:21:07

Morning All

I just peered around the curtain and it looks dark, dank and cold out there.

I'm intending to sort out our many Christmas decorations this morning and take some over to DS this afternoon. We've downsized and he's upsized (and broke) and we don't decorate as much as we used anyway. Then, hopefully, if the weather is fine we'll go to Strumpshaw Fen and see if the starling will do their stuff and dance tonight.

ninathenana Sat 02-Dec-17 07:33:16

Morning all.

Grey sky in Kent but at least the cold wind has died down.
No plans for today, just pottering.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

kittylester Sat 02-Dec-17 08:03:07

Morning all!

Late this morning. I was awake during the night, went back to sleep and slept late!

It is quite grey in North Leicestershire. I hope the weather stays reasonable as it's our village lights switch on this afternoon.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone.sunshine

Pittcity Sat 02-Dec-17 08:08:21

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Cold and cloudy.
Family lunch at my sister's today. Quickly writing Christmas cards to save on stamps.

Greyduster Sat 02-Dec-17 08:08:41

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. As Maple says, dull, dry and cold. No plans for the weekend really. How boring is that? Enjoy yours, whatever you are doing!

Bellasnana Sat 02-Dec-17 08:22:22

Morning everyone. Weather in Malta wet, grey and chilly. I've nothing exciting planned, in fact I have come to dread the weekends since DGD went back to live in the US and I'm no longer a hands-on nana.

Hope you enjoy your day sunshine

Baggs Sat 02-Dec-17 08:27:17

Morning, all! It's milder than it has been. I did a little hedging yesterday and slept really well last night (extra duvet might have helped; I've woken up cool recently). Hoping to do a bit more garden work today when it's light enough.

cornergran Sat 02-Dec-17 08:27:26

Morning All. Grey and damp in our corner of Somerset. Such a change from blue skies and frost. It seems a nothing weekend is catching, we also have nothing planned other than I really must tackle the rest of the Christmas cards. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Sat 02-Dec-17 09:09:50

Good morning all,
Dry and not as cold here.
I'm later getting up. I was so looking forward to my ladies night at our church last night and seeing my friends. I got there early to find the very new boiler had broken down. It was perishing. People were all pushing buttons and getting nowhere. I had a torch in my bag, so I persuaded someone to come with me to the dark and creepy boiler house. Lo and behold no pressure in the boiler. Filled it up and got it working. By that time half the night was gone. I managed one glass of wine and it was time to go home. To cap it all, we went outside and found that someone had jumped in the taxi we ordered! So I'm having an easy day.