Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(20 Posts)
12Michael Mon 04-Dec-17 06:39:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry feels milder outside this morning , Xmas cards are a must do today.
Mick

MawBroon Mon 04-Dec-17 06:47:11

Good morning Mick and all still to come.
Pitch black so I have no idea of the weather, just hoping it stays dry for all those travelling to be with us today and we say Goodbye to my darling Paw.

Bellasnana Mon 04-Dec-17 06:50:28

Good morning, Mick and everyone.
Weather in Malta a bit mixed this morning. We've had a couple of heavy showers and it feels chilly, but there is some blue sky and sunshine struggling through.

Good luck doing your cards, Mick. Hope everyone has a good day. sunshine

Bellasnana Mon 04-Dec-17 06:51:44

Thinking of you, Maw. flowers

whitewave Mon 04-Dec-17 06:57:16

maw flowers

Juliette Mon 04-Dec-17 07:03:34

Raining in N.Staffs.
Hope the sun peeps through the clouds for you at some point today Maw
Thinking about you. flowers

NanKate Mon 04-Dec-17 07:09:46

Morning Mick and All.

Dark out there still. Hope it will be warmer.

Off to Keep Fit, which reminds me I must prepare the annual quiz for the Keep Fit Xmas lunch which will be upon us very soon.

Thinking of you today Maw flowers

kittylester Mon 04-Dec-17 07:10:26

Morning all!

It's milder here in North Leicestershire too. I'm still in bed so I can't be sure.

We are meeting DH's brother and his wife for lunch and DS2 is calling in on his way home from work.

We'll all be thinking of you today. Maw. flowers

ginny Mon 04-Dec-17 07:27:41

Good morning all.

Thinking of you today Maw.

Still not really light but dry and not too cold here in N. Bucks.
Lots of jobs, ( Christmas related) to be done today. Hope also to get the back bedroom sorted out and tidy.

Gagagran Mon 04-Dec-17 07:33:47

Morning everyone. Hope you managed to get some sleep Maw and manage the day ahead. You will be in many of our thoughts .

It's calm and dry and clear as the sun starts to rise here on the south coast. I think we are promised a nice day.

I got the Christmas cards done yesterday whilst DH watched the football on TV. Wy does it alwyas feel such an onerous task?

Hope Monday proves a good day for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Mon 04-Dec-17 07:42:51

Morning All

It looks as if it may be a bright day in Norfolk (well, morning anyway), so we may be able to make a start on digging a hole to find out where the house roof soakaway is blocked. It's been put off on the excuse of rain, but today may be the day! And I will make a start on the Chrissy cards. I quite enjoy doing them - once I start.

flowers Maw (and a small wine - it's a cold day)

mumofmadboys Mon 04-Dec-17 07:43:22

Hope the funeral service brings you a sense of peace Maw

ninathenana Mon 04-Dec-17 08:01:52

Morning all.

Damp and fairly mild in Kent, I think we might see some sun.
I hope today goes smoothly Maw and brings you peace and a little comfort.

Greyduster Mon 04-Dec-17 08:02:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Very cold here in South Yorkshire. Frost on the car. We are going to have a run to Bakewell today and lunch out.
Like others, my thoughts are with Maw today. ?

cornergran Mon 04-Dec-17 08:04:46

Morning All. Another grey start in our corner of Somerset. Matches my mood. Catch up chores, a bit of a tidy and finish the cards today. You’ll be in my thoughts all day maw. flowers

Pittcity Mon 04-Dec-17 08:19:31

Good morning from a cloudy and damp Colchester. I'm full of cold and so may give Walking Netball a miss today. I still have to get into town for prescriptions, paracetamol and tissues.
Thinking of Maw flowers

Marydoll Mon 04-Dec-17 08:22:24

Good morning everyone. Dark and damp here.
I'm having a day in doing lots of bits and pieces.
Slept so badly due to new medication, which has kept me awake most of the night, so I'll have to give my self a shake to get on with things.
Both God and Paw will give you strength today, Maw.

Auntieflo Mon 04-Dec-17 08:36:09

Thinking of you today Maw. Be kind to yourself. flowers

Mapleleaf Mon 04-Dec-17 09:19:42

Good morning,
A bit brighter this morning, but damp in the air and cold.
Thinking of you Maw flowers.

Tippy22 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:28:10

The sun is out and it's a lot milder here in East Sussex today. Waiting in for deliveries and repairman so catching up on housework today. Thinking of you Maw.