Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(18 Posts)
NannyJan53 Sat 09-Dec-17 09:41:45

Good Morning all

Winter Wonderland here after the snow yesterday.

Today we must get into the loft and bring down the tree and decorations.

I am supposed to be babysitting for daughter tonight as they are going out for a meal to celebrate her birthday (39 big one next year!) It's not till 18th, but their friends cannot make next weekend. Will see how roads are later.

Partner is making another batch of his delicious pickled onions today, they usually last us until Easter.

Have a warm and enjoyable Saturday all.

Mapleleaf Sat 09-Dec-17 09:34:05

Morning,
A bright, cold & frosty morning as * Greyduster* says.
Shopping jobs to do today. Not out tonight, the snow is forecast to begin and for most of tomorrow according to the forecast.
Enjoy Saturday if you can. ?

Baggs Sat 09-Dec-17 09:12:07

Morning all! A cold night up here but a lovely sunrise. I got a photo but I think the only computer I can upload it to has died overnight. Might go and take some ice pics with my phone later.
Happy days, dudes ?

Nana3 Sat 09-Dec-17 08:53:54

Good morning. It's snowing in Lancashire, looking like a Chrismas card at the moment.
DGS stayed over and we are making ginger biscuits again, he ate 5 straight from the oven last week, don't tell his Mum.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Sat 09-Dec-17 08:32:55

Good morning from a cold and frosty N. Bucks.
Preparations for Dd2s birthday afternoon tea which I am hosting tomorrow.
Must get all cleared up ready to get the Christmas decs up early in the week.
Have a good weekend all.

MawBroon Sat 09-Dec-17 08:21:23

Good morning from a crisp and frosty N Bucks!
Found Hattie tucked up on one of the spare beds resting her head on a pile of duvet covers etc still to go in the wash after last week. No wonder she slept through until 8! ?
Time for a brew and a browse through the paper for me.

Gagagran Sat 09-Dec-17 08:13:24

Morning all! Frosty with a clear sky here on the south coast. Think it will be another lovely winter day.

DH is off with his bike club on their usual Saturday ride so I intend to "deck the hall" whilst he's out. Yesterday we eventually found the sparkly twigs I had put away (in a safe place!).After exhausting every possible storage place I had a sudden brainwave and found them well hidden on top of a wardrobe.

Hope Saturday is a good one for all GNs (sunshine).

loopyloo Sat 09-Dec-17 08:11:51

Good morning everyone. Off to buy things to make the Christmas cakes, then to a friends place for "glugg" then to a choir concert this pm. And look out the tree and decorations this am and start cards. Over optimistic, methinks.

Pittcity Sat 09-Dec-17 08:09:31

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Below freezing. I am still in bed but heard DH scraping the windscreen earlier.
DGS1 and 3 staying overnight so I need to get up and sorted.

rascal Sat 09-Dec-17 08:07:33

Good morning all. Here in the west of Scotland it's very clear with a waning moon. No snow at ground level but black ice on the roads and thick frost on the grass. Try to keep warm everyone and have a lovely day. moonsmile

Greyduster Sat 09-Dec-17 08:03:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A clear blue sky and a hard frost in South Yorkshire. I am making meat pies this morning, and we are out his afternoon. Our plans for this evening are dependent on the later weather forecast - which ain’t lookin’ good! Have a good day, one and all!

cornergran Sat 09-Dec-17 08:00:43

Morning All. It seems very dark, pavements are shiny so I guess there is ice, it was raining when we came back at midnight so I foresee a cold and slippery corner of Somerset. Need to venture out as volunteering today. You sound better whitewave, don’t overdo it though. Stay warm and well everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Dec-17 07:53:07

Morning All

Very cold, crisp and clear this morning in Norfolk. No snow, but the grass is all frosty and there's ice on the pond.

Roll on summer.

Marydoll Sat 09-Dec-17 07:44:09

Good morning all, it's a lovely crisp morning here in Glasgow, but freezing!. DH has just to scrape the car to go for his newspapers.
Supermarket shopping, sad, then hopefully some parcel wrapping.
Enjoy your day everyone.

whitewave Sat 09-Dec-17 06:56:00

Morning all

Looks like a sparkling icy morning here on the South Downs. At the moment the moon is providing the lovely silvery light, but won’t be long before the sun is up.

Birds are eating more now. I haven’t been in the garden for a month until a couple of days ago as been getting over a very nasty virus, but I am delighted to see all the bulbs peeping their way into the light. I shall have to tackle all the autumn jobs not done, but the garden is very forgiving and no doubt the birds and insects are appreciating all the foliage for seeds and hiding places. Might leave it until early spring now.

Enjoy your day all. Hope no one gets snowed in!

kittylester Sat 09-Dec-17 06:54:07

Morning Mick, Bella, everyone.

It is very cold in North Leicestershire and we've had a sprinkling of snow overnight so the houses opposite are sparkling in the street lights.

Trip to the village florist, brunch for DH and DS1, rest of the cards, make a vat of bread sauce, shepherd's pie bases, wrap up sausages........possibly. tchgrin

Definitely Strictly though.

Bellasnana Sat 09-Dec-17 06:44:09

Good morning Mick and everyone. Weather in Malta so far so good, but rain is forecast for later.

Have a good day everyone sunshine

12Michael Sat 09-Dec-17 06:34:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its cold and dark here in Brackley this morning, se how the day develops.
Mick