Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning Tuesday

(22 Posts)
NanKate Tue 12-Dec-17 07:02:23

Good Morning Folks.

In Mick's absence on his Turkey and Tinsel hols I thought I would start this thread.

Driving carefully on the M25?To both GSs' Nativities.

MawBroon Tue 12-Dec-17 07:15:31

I am glad Mick got away.
Freezing here and the roads around the village are not great Woken with a throat like razor blades so another day of hunkering down (probably paperwork?) as I need to be fit for DGD’s Nursery Jingle in Birmingham tomorrow. Wishing safe journeys to all who are travelling! ❄️❄️❄️

cornergran Tue 12-Dec-17 07:15:56

Thanks nankate, good morning to you. Morning to All. Cold and dark, very shiny paths outside. Do drive carefully nankate but have a wonderful nativity day. Lunch out for me, looking forward to a catch-up. Stay warm and well everyone.

cornergran Tue 12-Dec-17 07:16:58

Morning mawb, honey and hot lemon?

Gagagran Tue 12-Dec-17 07:24:42

Morning all - hope you do not go down with a "lurgy" Maw. It would be awful to miss the Nursery Jingle.

It's very cold here on the south coast and probably icy after all the rain we had yesterday but we have avoided the snow so far, thankfully.

Go safely all those on the roads today and keep warm everyone! I plan to wrap some presents today and whatever else I get round to.

Wishing a happy day for all GNs! sunshine

Nelliemoser Tue 12-Dec-17 07:36:51

Good morning All. Minus 4C. Slighty milder than it was yesterday evening .
Too much to do and I don't know where to start.

NfkDumpling Tue 12-Dec-17 07:37:31

Morning All

In Norfolk we may, possibly have had a very light dusting of snow last night - or a very heavy frost. After all the rain yesterday it could well be frost. Too dark to see. Clear and cold outside now. Hopefully it’ll stay dry as we have a funeral to go to this afternoon.

Nelliemoser Tue 12-Dec-17 07:41:36

I would love to see my DGS reception class concert but it is first thing in the morning and I am not starting driving a 100 miles round trip at this hour of the morning. He is is going to be an angel.

kittylester Tue 12-Dec-17 07:43:17

Morning all! Thanks for starting the thread, Kate!

It's perishing again in North Leicestershire. Another bits and bobs day for ne today. May go out for brew with a friend but one of my eyes is currently swollen and sticky so it might not be a good idea!!

ninathenana Tue 12-Dec-17 07:45:56

Morning all.

A light frost in Kent this morning but at least the wind has eased.
With the usual wisdom of the LC they decided to start road works just before Christmas near me causing total gridlock in the area yesterday. So we won't be venturing far for the next week tchangry

Greyduster Tue 12-Dec-17 08:02:01

Good morning, Kate, Michael in absentia, and all GNs. Hope you enjoy your T&T, Mick.
We have clear cold skies in South Yorkshire; must have been very cold in the night as the frost setting on the boiler kicked in in the night again. We have a new freesat box being fitted today so hopefully all tv thingies will be back on track. DH is getting withdrawal symptoms. Have a good day, all!

ginny Tue 12-Dec-17 08:27:24

Good morning.
Very cold here in N Bucks and the slushy snow has re frozen.
All being well we are visiting my Brother and SIL today. About 45 mins each way. We shan’t leave it late to come home.
Stay warm and safe everyone.

Pittcity Tue 12-Dec-17 08:40:32

Good morning from an icy Colchester. Thawing snow caused flooding in town yesterday, it snowed again and now the resulting slush has turned to ice. Hoping to get to DD2 so I can mind DGS2 while DH takes her to visit MIL in hospital.

harrigran Tue 12-Dec-17 08:46:53

Good morning from the icy north, it snowed again last night.
I have a GP appointment this afternoon, health centre is next door to the hospital which makes parking difficult.

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Dec-17 08:50:55

Morning everyone,
A beautiful morning here, with sunshine and blue sky, but bitterly cold with a hard frost. Will need to wrap up warm when I venture out later.
Travel safely all of you going out on the road today.
?

joannapiano Tue 12-Dec-17 08:53:40

Good morning from a snowy, and now icy, Herts.
White van that was parked outside last night, now stuck, straddling our drive. White van man says his handbrake has frozen. Don't think he'll park on top of our hill again.
Will take out DGC's pushchair to get some rocksalt and carry it home.

NannyJan53 Tue 12-Dec-17 09:10:43

Good Morning all

Bright blue skies here, but still cold and the pavements are like ice rinks!

Missed DGD4's school play yesterday as the school was closed, but they had a great day sledging!

Partner ventured to work today, he texted to say less traffic on roads, and luckily he is staying over in a hotel tonight as work is about 90 minutes drive away.

Today I am off into town to finalise my Will...it has to be done, and been thinking about it for years. The cost of a Will with POA, could have a good holiday with that smile

Have a good day everyone, keep warm and safe.

whitewave Tue 12-Dec-17 09:13:13

Good morning all

Sparkling morning with not a breath of wind on the South Downs.

I might wrap up and do some garden clearing, that I didn’t do in November.
The ground is too frosty, but I can cut back the hop and autumn vine etc.

Not sure whether to order some 70% off bulbs, for the greenhouse. I keep looking - if I don’t make up my mind soon they will all be sold!

Blue cheese and leek lasagne for supper.

Hope mick is enyoying his break.
mawbroon I suspect you are run down, cosset yourself.
kitty hope your eyes clear soon, did you get any joy from the pharmacist?

Hope everyone gets to where they set off to get to. We are very lucky here the ground is dry, it is just chilly.

Anniebach Tue 12-Dec-17 09:22:27

Good morning all

Greyduster Tue 12-Dec-17 09:35:27

Good morning, Annie - hope you aren’t still cut off!

Tippy22 Tue 12-Dec-17 09:49:37

Beautiful blue sky here in East Sussex but very, very cold. Will wrap up warm and head out for the last Christmas bits and bobs. Look after yourselves and enjoy your day.

Nana3 Tue 12-Dec-17 10:20:51

Good morning, icy roads in Lancashire.
WI party this afternoon, I've made a cake, my dear Mum's recipe.
Stay warm and safe and enjoy your day everyone.