Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(18 Posts)
Mapleleaf Thu 14-Dec-17 08:02:32

Good morning everyone,
It's grey, dark and damp outside this morning in South Yorkshire.
Got some baking to do later, but otherwise a quiet day in store.
Enjoy your day. ?

Greyduster Thu 14-Dec-17 08:06:05

Good morning, Maple and all GNs. Nothing to add to your weather report, and, like you, an in day. Having now sorted out our tech problems we are going to put up our Christmas tree and it’s lights. The decs will wait until GS comes at the weekend. A promise is a promise! Have a good day, folks.

whitewave Thu 14-Dec-17 08:08:55

Morning all

Damp and very chilly this morning.

Hair this morning, and then tackle Marks to get some food shopping.

A quick supper tonight. Have rice and vegetables left over from yesterday will use that as a base or maybe just thatgrin

cornergran Thu 14-Dec-17 08:09:50

Morning maple, greyd and all. Snap , grey and murky in our corner of Somerset. We had the outside light debacle on Tuesday grey, we remain married, just tchgrin. Good luck. Hope kitty can see this morning. Stay warm and well everyone.

cornergran Thu 14-Dec-17 08:10:31

Morning whitewave.

ginny Thu 14-Dec-17 08:21:45

Good morning all.
Grey and cold but dry here in N. Bucks.
Off to play with DGS while DD3 does her volunteer job this morning. Lunch with them and sorting out who is bringing what food wise for Christmas.
Must finish the card writing this evening.

ninathenana Thu 14-Dec-17 08:45:58

Morning all.
No early bird to start the thread today then tchsmile well done Mapleleaf .
Bright and chilly in Kent this morning.
D had her bank account emptied by fraudsters yesterday tchangrytchsad I had to transfer her some money until bank sort it.

Marydoll Thu 14-Dec-17 08:57:05

Good morning all.
Nina, that is so awful. I hope your daughter gets it sorted quickly.
It's very wet and cold here in Glasgow. I've been up since six, couldn't sleep, so the soup is made and letters to put in Christmas cards all written .
Have a good day everyone and hope your eyes are improving Kitty.

Anniebach Thu 14-Dec-17 09:03:04

Good morning all x

Greyduster Thu 14-Dec-17 09:26:27

Good morning, Annie!

Pittcity Thu 14-Dec-17 09:27:05

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold and windy but the sun is shining brightly. Amazing how that cheers me up.
MIL has been transferred to a Community Hospital, she is 93 with Alzheimers and has a leg fracture due to a fall. This means a shorter journey for us to visit and it is just across the road from DH's sister. That makes things a bit easier and DH seems happier this morning.

Greyduster Thu 14-Dec-17 09:27:33

Nina what a nightmare! I hope it all gets sorted soon!

Nana3 Thu 14-Dec-17 09:30:50

Good morning. Rain in the night but fine now in Lancashire. A bit of house clearing at Mum's and supermarket shopping this morning. High Street shopping this afternoon. Book club this evening. Busy day.
Sorry to hear about your DD 's problem nina.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Dec-17 09:33:11

Morning All

After a freezing, dank, wet start the sun is now out in Norfolk.

DH has headed off into Norwich on a mystery trip. I suspect he's thought of something to buy me for Christmas! I have stuff to take to the charity shop, then off to make teas for the panto again and then round to the DC to collect Christmas presents for our trip to DD1 at the weekend via a couple of shops. I have a list.

Gagagran Thu 14-Dec-17 10:19:20

Morning everyone! It's sunny and mild here on the south coast - much more to my liking.

I've just marzipanned the cake after our usual Thursday supermarket trip. There were loads of the "chariots" used by the on-line order pickers blocking the aisles so I reckon the Christmas rush is under way now.

This weekend I plan to do the present wrapping - not my favourite job as the sellotape always starts being difficult!

Enjoy your day everyone! sunshine

Newquay Thu 14-Dec-17 10:34:21

Moan! Moan! I've had the flu since last Tuesday week. Feel absolutely washed out. On antibs now. Feeling sicky. AND it's meant we can't meet our brand new DGS yet either! Oh woe is mesad another day on sofa watching telly rubbishsad

Valley22 Fri 15-Dec-17 17:16:10

Hello everyone I have been on here all day and I'm finding it hard to navigate the site, are you able to chat with people on here and how do you see your responses, many thanks

Marydoll Sat 16-Dec-17 23:12:47

Hi Valley22 . Welcome
If you go into INBOX at the top right hand corner, you can send a personal message to any Gransnetters as long as you know their username name.
If you reply to a thread , your reply will show up as pink.