Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(20 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 15-Dec-17 10:45:26

Good morning all. Blue sky and sunshine in Wales ?

IngeJones Fri 15-Dec-17 09:39:38

Morning all! First morning since my cold started that I have woken up feeling part of the world again. Now I need to belatedly start wrapping presents.

Gagagran Fri 15-Dec-17 09:12:56

Morning everyone! It's raining quite hard here on the south coast with an overcast grey sky. Think staying in is the best plan.

I've just put a Bagg's apple cake recipe in the oven so that should keep Himself caked up until we cut into the Christmas cake next weekend. I plan to sort some old photos out for my niece, later today. She has requested any I may have of her childhood and I know that I have several which she is welcome to.

Hope all those on the road have a safe journey and that all GNs have a good day. sunshine

Nelliemoser Fri 15-Dec-17 09:02:26

(I am late on here because I was side tracked by VQs post
She has really given me a much needed laugh.)

Good Morning All. Frosty still in Cheshire but only just The roads look bad though, well the road in our close is.
I haven't seen the main roads yet. Now which of the two big ASDAs shall I drive to today?? ?
(Our local ASDA is only a convenience store. )
Take care on the roads and pavements every one.

Marydoll Fri 15-Dec-17 08:58:01

Good morning all, icy, but no rain smile
DGD here all day, so we will be busy. Lots of errands, but at least we will stay dry.
Enjoy your day all.

Pittcity Fri 15-Dec-17 08:32:55

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Not as sunny as yesterday but just as cold.
A waiting in day today for parcels and Virgin man!

MawBroon Fri 15-Dec-17 08:31:28

Good morning from a cold N Bucks village.I had hoped it might thaw a bit, but woke to the sound of next door scraping their windscreen.
I have woken with a bit of a grey dog on my shoulder, if you know what I mean , so I need to find something for today which doesn’t let it develop into a full scale black dog (the other black dog herself is happily snoozing downstairs) ?
I never know which head I will wake up wearing.
Wishing you all a pleasant day

Mapleleaf Fri 15-Dec-17 08:13:25

Good morning, everyone.
It's been raining in the night but is dry and blustery at the moment.
Going to hairdresser later ready for train trip tomorrow.
Hope you all have a good day. ?

Greyduster Fri 15-Dec-17 07:59:06

Ann I thought that would happen to me. We all wait for someone else to start and then worry about whether someone else is typing at the same time as us and we’ll all bump into one another! I think we all welcome the stability that Mick gives us!

Nana3 Fri 15-Dec-17 07:57:39

Good morning. Looking fine in Lancashire, cold of course.
Jobs at home this morning. Waiting in for a delivery but will have a walk later.
kitty hope your eyes are better.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Fri 15-Dec-17 07:49:52

Morning all!

I missed yesterday as life took over! Today, it's grey and wet in North Leicestershire.

I have Sainsbury's, lunch out and some wrapping to do today - still with one eye closed! tchwink

Enjoy your days everyone!

cornergran Fri 15-Dec-17 07:46:19

Morning All. Sky seems to be clearing in our corner of Somerset. Catchup day today then out to an NT property for an evening opening. Hope you prevail whitewave before you are totally exhausted. Stay warm and well everyone.

JaneD3 Fri 15-Dec-17 07:45:39

Morning everyone! Bright and clear here in Leicester as dawn breaks. There was ice on the car when DH left so it must be cold out there!
Lots to do and a boiler service so I need to get moving instead of listening to the test match grin

ninathenana Fri 15-Dec-17 07:45:10

Morning Gd morning harri morning everyone.

Raining quiet hard in Kent. We are going out earlier than usual for the food shopping as H want's a full English in the restaurant.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Fri 15-Dec-17 07:44:32

Morning All

Dark, wet and horrible in Norfolk this morning.

Did the Christmas present collection yesterday and today we're off to Aylesbury to do the present swop and have an early Christmas with DD1. (Actually we're babysitting tomorrow night while they go out partying. Got it wrong somewhere methinks!)

annsixty Fri 15-Dec-17 07:41:38

I was too long typing.

annsixty Fri 15-Dec-17 07:40:49

Good morning all.
You look lonely on your own Grey so I thought I would chip in.Very dark and cold in Stockport.
I have food shopping to do and getting rid of all the decoration boxes before family arrive on Sunday.

whitewave Fri 15-Dec-17 07:40:03

Good morning.

I’ve been watching about Harrogate and their preparations for Christmas. Mick should be having a cheery time!

Cold and dull the same as yesterday, but it brightened up and we had sun, so am hoping for the same today.
Just looking at the weather for the South over the Christmas period and it looks to be the same as always. Mild and dry.

Mums today to do my jobs and cook her lunch, and try once again to persuade her to get a daily help as we are all desperately need some help. But as mum says “we are managing” I take that to be the royal we as I’m definately not!

harrigran Fri 15-Dec-17 07:38:19

Good morning Grey, dark and wet here in the north east and just 2 degrees.
School run this afternoon which involves a 45 minute drive so hope the roads are quiet.
Eldest GC's last day at school so next week should be fun.

Greyduster Fri 15-Dec-17 07:33:52

Good morning to all GNs. It’s very disconcerting when Mick is not here but I’m pretty sure he isn’t back until tommorrow. Still dark in South Yorkshire but we are promised a dry day I think. More shopping today sad. Have a good one folks!