Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
NannyJan53 Sun 17-Dec-17 11:30:20

Good Morning all

Tipping it down with rain at the moment. Had a lovely curry last night at a local curry house. Lamb Rogan Josh tchsmile

Taking 2 DGD's and their parents to see Santa on a canal boat trip this afternoon. tchgrin Adults get a mince pie and a drink!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone

Gagagran Sun 17-Dec-17 10:16:23

A late good morning to one and all! It's cold and very frosty here on the south coast but set to warm up as the day goes on.

A quiet day planned for us today but that could change at any point as DGD may well require Grandad's taxi service. It's hard being 16 and living in a rural village with hardly any public transport so we are glad to help her.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

Anniebach Sun 17-Dec-17 09:48:49

Good morning all x. Grey and wet in Wales, will in my part of Wales

whitewave Sun 17-Dec-17 09:34:06

Morning all

Bright and frosty on the South Downs and no wind, so not at all bad. If it warms up a bit in the sun, there will be bumbles on the winter honeysuckle, the Christmas box is nearly out so they will be buzzing around that, and later in the winter they have winter clematis to sip.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip Mick.

Off to the Golf Clubs Christmas lunch and then an afternoon of carolling.

First make sure Mum is ok.

Enjoy your day one and all.

Tippy22 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:17:42

Very chilly and frosty here in East Sussex but it looks as though it could turn into another sunny day like yesterday. Hectic couple of days for us as DGC number 4 arrived 10 days early on Friday so Christmas will be extra special. Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Sun 17-Dec-17 09:14:47

Good morning from a damp north east. It was -2 and a harsh frost when I went to bed but that has all melted now.
Out for lunch with family for DS's birthday so must get my skates on.

ginny Sun 17-Dec-17 09:02:28

Good morning all from a damp and dull N. Bucks.
Late start this morning after an early morning bedtime.
Off to Waddesdon Manor later with Dd2 to the Christmas lights and market. Got tickets to go into the house which is decorated for the season. Dinner afterwards.
DGS1 coming to stay tonight .

NanKate Sun 17-Dec-17 08:57:18

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Glad your holiday pal lives near to you Mick perhaps you could meet her for a coffee when you are in Banbury? Life is short take every opportunity of making friends and enjoying yourself.

I love roast pork Kitty. I do hope your eye is better.

Lots of catching up jobs to do today.

For once I am not aching so much with my condition, excellent.?

Pittcity Sun 17-Dec-17 08:48:43

Good morning from frosty Colchester. DH has just defrosted the car to go canoeing with the local Air Cadets. I think he may be straight back as it is soooo cold!
I have to go to Aldi as the cupboard is bare apart for Christmas stuff.....

Greyduster Sun 17-Dec-17 08:37:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope there is a satisfactory follow on from your trip Mick!
It is VERY cold in South Yorkshire with a hard frost. GS has been here overnight and we are all currently sitting in our bed having a hot drink. We have gingerbread men to ice this morning, parents here for brunch and then he is playing football this afternoon. Have a good day folks.

Sar53 Sun 17-Dec-17 08:29:08

Good morning all from a very cold, frosty and foggy Essex by the sea. Have a few things to do indoors today and may go out for lunch.
Keep warm everyone.

Nana3 Sun 17-Dec-17 08:28:49

Good morning Mick and everyone, it's damp in Lancashire. The family are coming for lunch, I'd better get busy.
Hope you all have a good day.

Marydoll Sun 17-Dec-17 08:28:46

Good morning everyone.
It's very wet here in Glasgow, but much better than last night when our street was treacherous due to the ice.
Off out for lunch and a wander around the Christmas market.
NO SHOPPING involved, as DD hates shopping , but I would have liked a wee look at some of the sales. sad
Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

kittylester Sun 17-Dec-17 08:20:04

Enjoy your day corner - it'll be fine!

kittylester Sun 17-Dec-17 08:19:19

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is quite cold and murky this morning but I don't intend to do much at all apart from roasting pork.

We have 2 dgc here till 11 am so I bought some mixes for making mug cakes. They both enjoy cooking but I didn't feel like coping with real baking so thought we'd give those a try. dgs make chicken pieces coated in crushed bacon crisps last night, which they enjoyed.

cornergran Sun 17-Dec-17 07:52:00

Morning mick, nina and all. Pleased your trip went well mick. Still dark in our corner of Somerset. Feels cold too. Feeding the five thousand today, wish I’d kept a more simple approach to the food tchhmm. Oh well, don’t suppose I’ll poison anyone. Stay warm and well everyone.

ninathenana Sun 17-Dec-17 07:38:22

Morning Mick welcome back. Morning everyone.

Thick freezing fog in Kent, not nice at all, glad I'm not going anywhere.
A couple of prezzies to wrap today orherwise it's a lazy one for me.

12Michael Sun 17-Dec-17 06:42:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its cold and dry outside, usual Sunday.
Anyway, last week was good at Nidd Hall, Harrogate for the T & T.
Two coach trips out into Harrogate and York, plus a free day to explore the gardens of Nidd Hall.
The person who I met as mentioned having been on 4 past coach trips , told me that was her social life , but she lives nearby so when in Banbury will look out for her , and maybe get better known to her.
Mick