Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(19 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-Dec-17 06:42:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning, hopefully will remain that way locally.
Mick

NanKate Mon 18-Dec-17 06:50:37

Morning Mick and All.

Too dark to say how it is here in the Thames Valley.

Forcing myself to get up and go to my last Keep Fit of the year then come home get changed and go back down town for our Xmas Lunch. I am running the Quiz this year. Then back home to collapse in a heap with a cuppa and the curtains closed. Roll on the Spring.

Gagagran Mon 18-Dec-17 07:06:48

Morning Mick and NanKate and everyone!

Today is the last quiet day for a while for us with something on the calendar right through until 27th now. At least it's a better weather forecast so travelling should be a bit easier.

Enjoy your days GNs! sunshine

kittylester Mon 18-Dec-17 07:08:40

Morning Mick, morning Kate, morning All.

It's cold and dark in North Leicestershire. We are off to do the last bits of present shopping this morning and then the mass wrap starts!

You'll be glad to flop at the end of your busy day, Kate.

Enjoy your days everyone!

kittylester Mon 18-Dec-17 07:09:24

Morning gaga!

NfkDumpling Mon 18-Dec-17 07:23:27

Morning All

A clear sky and a soggy garden here in Norfolk. We're back from a busy weekend visiting with DD1 and family in Aylesbury.

I now have a Barbie dolls house drying in the bath after a quick rinse to get the dust off and a load of outgrown toys to take to the charity shop this morning. At least there's now room in the DGD's bedroom for income presents!

etheltbags1 Mon 18-Dec-17 07:25:06

Hi everyone. Its very icy down in northumbrland near the coast. Im up early and feel like going back to bed after seeing the frost

Nana3 Mon 18-Dec-17 07:43:59

Good morning. It's foggy in Lancashire.
Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Mon 18-Dec-17 08:00:20

Good morning, the frost is so harsh I thought it had snowed overnight.
Had lovely day with family yesterday, family lunch out and listened to GC playing carols on their various musical instruments.

Marydoll Mon 18-Dec-17 08:10:02

Good morning all.
Cold and damp here, but no frost. Thank goodness.
Catching up with everything and I'm going to make marmalade.
Had a lovely day out with DD yesterday, lunch and the Christmas market, but feeling tired after it all.
Have a good day, everyone.

whitewave Mon 18-Dec-17 08:16:03

Morning everyone.

Blue sky and a slight frost with very little wind so shaping up to be a nice day.

Feeling somewhat jaded after the jollifications yesterday. Will just do a little light dusting I think grin

Fish pie for supper, if I’m still awake to eat it.

Enjoy your day all

ninathenana Mon 18-Dec-17 08:18:14

Morning everyone.

Clear sky and the sun just coming up in Kent.
'May the force be with you'
Yes, that's where we are going this afternoon.

Nelliemoser Mon 18-Dec-17 08:41:02

Good Morning All. Damp and slightly foggy. Only about 3C.

Greyduster Mon 18-Dec-17 08:44:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Quite a bright start in South Yorkshire this morning. We are clearing up after a busy weekend, and then we are out at a concert in the cathedral tonight. Have a good day, folks.

Newquay Mon 18-Dec-17 08:57:53

At last frost and (most) snow now gone here in Staffs. Mist/fog come down in last hour. Thinking of venturing out to nearby Poundland to do DGC's Christmas stockings-first time out of house for two weeks following flu. Will be very careful not to overdo it!

ginny Mon 18-Dec-17 09:05:47

Good morning all.
Frost clearing and a bit of sun here in N. Bucks.
DGS 1 here today. He wants to make gingerbread.
DGS2 here this afternoon so will have a wander down to town and show them the beautifully decorated house just off the high street.
Go easy Newquay.

Mapleleaf Mon 18-Dec-17 09:34:53

Good morning
It's cold but bright here today.
Had a lovely weekend, went on the Christmas train from Grosmont to Pickering on Saturday and had a lovely Christmas meal on board. Waved at the excited children who passed us on their Santa Special train. Stayed overnight in Whitby but didn't stay as long as planned as it rained heavily. Fairly quiet few days now before the Christmas rush.

Pittcity Mon 18-Dec-17 09:39:34

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Slept in this morning as our diary is quite empty over Christmas with a lot of our regular groups closed for the holiday.
Quite spring like here this morning at 5 degrees, dry and sunny!
Need to do a supermarket shop and visit MIL in hospital.

Nelliemoser Tue 19-Dec-17 08:49:39

Good Morning All. After last night's fog I can actually see the sky today. It seems warmer today no obvious frost.