Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(20 Posts)
annodomini Tue 19-Dec-17 09:52:02

Good morning all. Not quite so cold today. My thermometer at the back door says 4C. The car won't need de-icing today.

ginny Tue 19-Dec-17 09:32:46

Good morning.
Bright now after a frosty start in N. Bucks.
Wrapping to do this morning.
Lunch with friends and then to tackle the icing of the cake.

celebgran Tue 19-Dec-17 09:29:06

Me too good morning everyone wrap up if venturing out!
Hope my brother to fix wash machine indoor pottering day for me.

MawBroon Tue 19-Dec-17 09:25:35

Oops! Forgot my manners - good morning, another nippy one too!

celebgran Tue 19-Dec-17 09:13:37

Freezing cold here on coast in Essex dh last day at work after 50 years of being pharmacist,
So proud of him.

Mapleleaf Tue 19-Dec-17 09:06:27

Morning, all.
It's brightening up nicely now, but still slightly misty on the fields.
Seeing a friend later then a few household chores.
Hope all goes well for your DiL Nfk.

NannyJan53 Tue 19-Dec-17 09:04:33

Good Morning all

Bright but icy here this morning.

Popped out to the Doctors for 8am , and was given an appointment for 9.30, so back again soon.

Meeting a friend for lunch in Bridgnorth, then really must finish my wrapping of presents later.

Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Tue 19-Dec-17 09:02:52

Where do you get your gamekeepers Whitewave? I can’t find them in Waitrose tchsad

Greyduster Tue 19-Dec-17 08:51:39

Gamekeeper’s pie! Be still my beating heart! Whitewave, any chance you might want to take in a lodger?

whitewave Tue 19-Dec-17 08:29:03

Morning!

Cold, crisp and bright on South Downs. No wind.

Shopping today for last minute presents and stuff for Mum.

Just in from feeding the birds, and the garden looks neglected, so must pull my finger out as soon as time allows. The trouble is this time of year the weather rules.

Gamekeepers pie for supper.

Pittcity Tue 19-Dec-17 08:18:23

Good morning from a bright but cold Colchester. No fog here only frost.
Haircut and hospital visit today.

harrigran Tue 19-Dec-17 08:13:15

Good morning, it is a balmy 8 degrees here.
Lunch out with a friend today, this is only the third time we have managed to meet up this year.
Going to a history lecture tonight.

Gagagran Tue 19-Dec-17 07:44:29

Morning all! It's frosty again here on the south coast but no sign of any fog. Keep hoping that the increase in temperature we have been promised really occurs.

It's the High School concert tonight and both DGC have prominent parts so we are going to watch and wallow in pride and joy!

Enjoy your days all GNs. sunshine

kittylester Tue 19-Dec-17 07:15:45

Morning all!

It's not foggy in North Leicestershire but it is cold! Wrapping and a trip to the farm shop for some of their lovely potato gratin towers for the freezer - just in case!

I hope things go well for your DiL, nfk.

ninathenana Tue 19-Dec-17 07:12:03

Morning Mary morning Grey

ninathenana Tue 19-Dec-17 07:10:43

MorningMick Nfk and everyone.

All I can say is we have no wind or fog and it's quiet mild in Kent. Too dark for much else.
We saw Star Wars yesterday, loved it.
Sad to say D has no day off this week due to covering sickness so pressie exchanging will have to be after 25th.

Greyduster Tue 19-Dec-17 07:07:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs, and good morning, Nfk. Hope your DiL’s tests go okay. It is still dark in South Yorkshire but set to be dry today. We have one or two bits of shopping to do and I need a new top, so a trip into town is called for. Have a good day folks!

Marydoll Tue 19-Dec-17 07:05:45

Morning Mick and NFK,

Dry here in Glasgow, seems a bit milder.
Childminding today, so off out with DGD to pick up a few things, then hairdresser.
Have a good day all.
I hope your DIL's day isn't too stressful.

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Dec-17 06:53:27

Morning All

Clear as a bell in Norfolk. Really glad the forecast fog looks as if it’s just further south (according to the weather map) so we should be clear on our trip to Cambridge, apart from a bit of mist. DiL has tests at Addenbrookes which could take all day. Deep joy.

12Michael Tue 19-Dec-17 06:45:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but I gather foggy outside here in Brackley this morning.
usual day out today.
Mick