Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Dec-17 06:41:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull and foggy misty start this morning in Brackley , have signs of a cold taking some Suffolk Punch, a herbal drink.
Also hopefully today see the 3 hour long Star Wars latest.
Mick

Gagagran Wed 20-Dec-17 06:49:12

Morning Mick. It's clear and cold but nor frost for first time in days here on the south coast.

It's my WI Christmas lunch today - 52 of us at the local pub so I hope the staff have their ear defenders ready!

We really enjoyed our DGC's concert last night - didn't realise what a lovely voice our DGD has. Very proud Grandparents! tchwink

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

Marydoll Wed 20-Dec-17 06:55:33

Good morning Mick and proud Gaga.
Windy and wet here in Glasgow.
DGD here again today and DD coming to help keep an eye on her until to let me get on with things. I will now have two children to look after (DD is 34, going on 10!).
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Wed 20-Dec-17 06:55:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Morning Gaga. Mick I hope the cold doesn’t develop into anything that will take the shine off your Christmas. I have one going on that seems to stop and start! My GS said the new Star Wars film is very good. Hope you enjoy it. We have no particular plans for today - I have some cooking to do and a bit of food shopping. Enjoy your day, folks

Greyduster Wed 20-Dec-17 06:56:31

Morning Marydoll - you pipped me to the post!

Marydoll Wed 20-Dec-17 06:58:27

Morning Greyduster, it takes me so long to type, that I'm usually way out of sync! grin

Nana3 Wed 20-Dec-17 07:06:11

Good morning. Mild in Lancashire. Sorry about your cold Mick, enjoy the film. Enjoy your WI Christmas lunch Gg, we always have ours in January.
I'm relaxing at home today. It's DD's 40th birthday, I've been re-living the dash to hospital, my DH mentioned the make and colour of the car, typical.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Wed 20-Dec-17 07:32:02

Morning all!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but doesn't feel too cold.

Bitting and bobbing today for me and a pedicure later on. Red sparkly polish I think!

Enjoy your days everyone.

harrigran Wed 20-Dec-17 07:42:45

Good morning, damp and a mild 11 degrees here.
DH's birthday, he does not make a fuss and has already left to do a shop in Sainsburys.
Physio for me mid morning.

Pittcity Wed 20-Dec-17 07:45:32

Good morning from a dark, grey and damp Colchester. Temperature up in double figures today. I prefer it cold and bright.
Wednesday coffee meet up in town this morning is in a local pub so that we can cross to a Carol concert and then return for a pub lunch.

NanKate Wed 20-Dec-17 07:57:14

Morning Mick Kitty Greyduster and All.

Now Mick have you picked up the phone and arranged a coffee with the lady you met at a T and T weekend, I do hope so ?

Kitty are you going to have matching finger nails ?

Off to the last U3A Rummykub of the year. I am providing the mince pies and the brandy butter.

Misty and warmer in the Thames Valley.

MawBroon Wed 20-Dec-17 07:59:04

Good morning from DARK N Bucks. I’m sorry you are feeling under the weather Mick “Suffolk Punch” sounds as if might have a tad more than herbs in it! tchgrin
Hope it does the trick, if not, add whisky. ???

ginny Wed 20-Dec-17 08:08:21

Good morning all.
N. Bucks is indeed dark and also misty.
Various jobs today and must finally wrap gifts.

NfkDumpling Wed 20-Dec-17 08:36:14

Morning All

Dark, dank and horrible in Norfolk this morning. Luckily the forecast fog didn't happen here yesterday as we had to drive DiL to Addenbrooks for tests.

Cooking, washing and cleaning lined up for today. And I think I should check my Christmas card list. I seem to have received more than I sent! (Last posting day today!)

Gagagran Wed 20-Dec-17 08:54:24

Even prouder Granny (sorry but need to share!)

Just been told that DGD was introduced to the Mayor after the concert last night (we had buzzed off) as he wanted to congratulate her on her singing! tchsmile

Anniebach Wed 20-Dec-17 09:05:33

Good morning all

whitewave Wed 20-Dec-17 09:23:33

Morning

It was foggy withal! But clearing now. Milder and dank

Shopping delivery today and meat from the farm, just waiting to get a message about time. He is sending the Turkey on Friday.

Finish last of cards to go by hand and ironing today.

Lamb and peanut curry for supper