Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thurdsay

(22 Posts)
jura2 Thu 21-Dec-17 18:58:32

Bonjour- started a bit misty then sun came out over the snow and made everything twinkly - no more snow, but this morning as the hoar frost fell from trees, it looked like twinkle snow in the bright sunshine.

So hope rain forecast does not come tomorrow and melt all the lovely snow- all the local ski resorts are now opened and looking forward to the first good ski Christmas period in a few years. Everything crossed.

Nana3 Thu 21-Dec-17 09:35:56

Good morning, it's pouring down this morning in Lancashire.
Pottering at home today and a meal out this evening.
Hope your back improves harrigran sorry to hear about your problem.
Have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Thu 21-Dec-17 09:35:17

Good morning everyone,
It's a damp, grey morning here, but fairly mild.
A few jobs to do today, but main shop is done. Collect the meat on Saturday.
Have a good day.

harrigran Thu 21-Dec-17 08:57:17

Good morning, 7degrees here but I am going nowhere as I put my back out yesterday and it is excruciating.

Nelliemoser Thu 21-Dec-17 08:56:48

The whole of christmas is essentially a celebrating of the winter solstice and the "returning of the sun" so to speak. festivals of light.

Nelliemoser Thu 21-Dec-17 08:53:39

Good morning. off to the shops. My family are not arriving until wednesday I can get lots of vege stuff now but I will need to get out on Sunday .
Still some presents to buy. No ideas for OH we both tend to buy what we want anyway.

Sar53 Thu 21-Dec-17 08:42:43

Good morning everyone from a very damp and foggy Essex by the sea. A potter around town this morning and a 'not doing very much afternoon'.
Have a good day.

Pittcity Thu 21-Dec-17 08:31:41

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
We have booked to see Star Wars on Boxing Day.
Quiet day today apart from visit to MIL who will be in a Community Hospital over Christmas.

whitewave Thu 21-Dec-17 08:23:05

I forgot

Happy Winter Soltice to you all.

Here comes the Sun tra la la ?????

Marydoll Thu 21-Dec-17 08:16:49

Good morning all, seems quite mild here in Glasgow. Recovering after an exhausting childminding day. DGD wasn't her usual happy wee self. I wonder if the "terrible twos" phase has kicked in. We were on our knees when she left grin It was indeed a battle of wills.
Planning to go for lunch in the golf club, but DH does not know if they are even serving lunch todayconfused.
Have a good day everyone.
Maw enjoy your exhibition, I remember how you were looking forward to it last time.

MawBroon Thu 21-Dec-17 08:07:55

Good morning from dark but mild N Bucks.
Off to see the May Morris exhibition at the William Morris gallery in Walthamstow. The last time was frustrated by the snow, but at the risk of tempting fate, today looks just damp.

Gagagran Thu 21-Dec-17 08:07:55

Morning everyone from a damp, dark but very mild south coast.

Just back from the last shopping trip before Christmas and it was quiet apart from the order pickers with their chariots! We didn't need much as we are at DC's from 23-27th but I like to stock up on toilet rolls, toiletries etc when it's not a big shopping list.

Just in time for the festivities I have got a streaming cold so need to have a quiet day today in the hopes that it will ease off. The till lady in the supermarket said there were 13 off with colds etc so extra busy for the remaining staff.

Enjoy your days GNs! sunshine

whitewave Thu 21-Dec-17 07:45:24

Good morning everyone

It was foggy withal again! On the South Downs. Very mild though.

A quiet day today which is nice for a change.

Roast chicken for supper.

ginny Thu 21-Dec-17 07:33:41

Good morning all. Still dark and misty here in N. Bucks.
Off to do last bit of food shopping this morning. Wrapping and cleaning later.

NfkDumpling Thu 21-Dec-17 07:33:30

Morning All

A bit dank and misty in Norfolk today. DH has a cold and is determined it's not man-flu so wants to go for a walk on the beach. It may clear his head he says. Followed by a pub lunch. I'd rather he did have man-flu so we could stay in and just stagger to the local hostelry.

cornergran Thu 21-Dec-17 07:23:48

Morning All. Dark and damp in our corner of Somerset. We’ve been juggling our needs and family’s. Think a circus would be easier. Bit of a catch-up then hope to venture out later for a general wander, see the lights in town and a bit of well, just looking. Don’t mind the busyness if I’m not searching for anything. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Thu 21-Dec-17 07:12:14

Morning all.

North Leicestershire is fairly warm and a bit damp today. Up early to attack Sainsbury's (hopefully for the last time) and collect my meat order.

Greyduster Thu 21-Dec-17 07:10:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sorry to hear your cold’s hanging on Mick - plenty of time to see Star Wars. We are going after Christmas when the crowds have thinned out a bit (I hope!). Still dark in South Yorkshire but feels much warmer today. We have some presents to deliver and then I must do some baking. Have a good day, folks.

farview Thu 21-Dec-17 07:02:37

Morning all...So much to do aaagh..10 to feed tonight,house full of family (lovely but squashy) wishing you all a good,happy day ?

ninathenana Thu 21-Dec-17 06:50:04

Diane despite
@$&)+ Kindle

ninathenana Thu 21-Dec-17 06:49:00

Morning Mick and everyone.

Wet and misty in Kent I can hear the ship's fog horns so worse out in the estuary.
We saw Star Wars Mick we enjoyed it despite Diane reviews. Hope the cold is better soon.

12Michael Thu 21-Dec-17 06:42:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but moist outside, still remnants of cold, did not see Star Wars , another day perhaps.
Mick